B-1B from Virtavia Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B-1B from Virtavia Released

Now we just need a good Dyess AFB scenery...

I'm guessing having actual terrain following autopilot isn't possible with the sim?

Edit: KDYS - https://flightsim.to/file/57462/dyess-afb-kdys-usa
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Curious to hear/view some reviews about this!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Oh man, I always loved this model. I know what I'm getting next. It's such a great looking plane.

The product description as of 25 March indicates that the model is limited to subsonic speeds, not to exceed 550-600 knots. This seems highly unusual.
    Does anyone have any insight as to why Virtavia implemented this restriction?

Finally something big and cool!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    The product description as of 25 March indicates that the model is limited to subsonic speeds, not to exceed 550-600 knots. This seems highly unusual.
    Does anyone have any insight as to why Virtavia implemented this restriction?
    From their news article on their website:

"Note: due to MSFS limitations the model's performance is presently SUBSONIC, however once the required information or SDK update becomes available, supersonic performance will be added as an update."

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post

"Note: due to MSFS limitations the model's performance is presently SUBSONIC, however once the required information or SDK update becomes available, supersonic performance will be added as an update."
    I'm interested in this model. Many others aircrafts have supersonic performance, so I can't understand that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    I'm interested in this model. Many others aircrafts have supersonic performance, so I can't understand that assumption.
    Right- I'm not understanding this claimed limitation following use of other supersonic models, to include the DC Designs Concorde, the Heatblur/Dino F-14, and others. Virtavia seems to have played this game in the past with the A-4 Skyhawk, claiming that something isn't featured due to a sim limitation, and then multiple people had to point out that the sim DOES allow a capability, only for Virtavia to then update the model. (Thinking specifically of the A-4 originally not having functional spoilers, and I know there was one other aspect of it too).

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post

I can help with getting the Lancer supersonic if anyone has a contact for Virtavia?

Tyler Gladman
    TG Sims

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    The only way that makes any sense is if they developed the flight model when MSFS first released, and never looked at any of the updates added after that.

IIRC, MSFS didn't natively support supersonic flight out of the box (I think the DC Designs F-15 was one of the first airplanes to find a workaround until Asobo added support), and afterburners weren't added until the Top Gun expansion, but both of those were long enough ago that I'm really struggling to come up with an explanation that isn't "someone has a very outdated understanding of how MSFS works".

I really wish Phil would find a CodenameJack kinda person to add to the Virtavia team. I’m happy with his models but the Skyhawk’s ground handling is completely broken, and now the supersonic limitation that was solved a couple of years ago.

If only he would reach out. Most devs seem happy to support their peers in this community.

I reached out to Phil at Virtavia when I read all this, and revealed how to go supersonic in MSFS. He's looking into it now for an update.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Outside of the hopefully-fixed-soon subsonic issues, can anyone report on overall functionality?

Seeing reports on Simmarket reviews that even basic instruments like the HSI do not function. I'm ok with super limited avionics just to include switches for batteries, generators, lights, etc, but if the VC is basically a static model that would be tough to ask for for this price.

Also, does anyone know of any additional liveries in development? My understanding is that this aircraft comes with only one.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I reached out to Phil at Virtavia when I read all this, and revealed how to go supersonic in MSFS. He's looking into it now for an update.
    Thanks for help for him!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Avangel did a review:

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

About the B-1B's supersonic capability/performance, when the B model was ushered in, they did remove the variable air intakes which severely degraded it's performance. Technically it is a supersonic rated airframe with engine limitations making it a high subsonic/transonic aircraft. It can still do supersonic dashes but not sustained supersonic flight due to drag. I have spoke with B-1B pilots who said it was a bit of a steep hump to get over just to hit Mach 1 but in some conditions, it was easier and even hit the Mach limit. One thing is for sure, it's not going to jump to Mach speed very quickly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Avangel did a review:

Priller

Is it me, or does it look like the nosewheel isn't correctly touching the ground? Something odd in how the shadow is cast by the nosewheel versus how the mains do so. Furthermore, that you see the full circle of the tires' perimeters and a "touch" of the ground as scarcely a tangent point - rather than a contact patch suggests that, versus the tires sitting slightly buried into ground to give that more correct visualization of what a tire under load looks like.

Tried pausing the video at different spots but she darts about and I couldn't get a good view of how the tires look relative to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Is it me, or does it look like the nosewheel isn't correctly touching the ground? Something odd in how the shadow is cast by the nosewheel versus how the mains do so. Furthermore, that you see the full circle of the tires' perimeters and a "touch" of the ground as scarcely a tangent point - rather than a contact patch suggests that, versus the tires sitting slightly buried into ground to give that more correct visualization of what a tire under load looks like.

Tried pausing the video at different spots but she darts about and I couldn't get a good view of how the tires look relative to the ground.
    I saw the same thing happening in her review of the SC Designs F-5E. I think it's more something to do with her setup/rig. I don't have this addon, so I can't judge.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

New update:

Version 1.1 is available. Aircraft can now reach supersonic speed (Mach 1.25). No other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    New update:

Version 1.1 is available. Aircraft can now reach supersonic speed (Mach 1.25). No other changes.
    Good news from the morning !

The stabilator movement is reversed. I was able to get the model to exceed Mach 1 with the first iteration by changing the speed limits in the flight dynamics file so it wouldn't detect a crash after Mach 1. From there, it would exceed with no issues. The overall flight dynamics are very different from the original versions which is a negative but it can be fixed with a bit of tuning. Beyond that, nice model for the pricepoint, a reuniting with an old friend so to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 203