Masters of the Air

Thread: Masters of the Air

Masters of the Air

I'm really enjoying the series, but are there any repaints, either AH or A2A, for the 100th BG?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Masters.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	93371
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Check These Out

Here is the link to a whole page for the Accusim A2A B-17G FSX

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

I flew with the 91st Bomb Group Virtual for over three years in the 401st BS first in Bomb Boogie and then Hey Daddy including making a number of repaints for the 401st to share with the other pilots.

Thank you. I don't suppose you remember, but that's not the first time you have helped me out.

Remembering

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thank you. I don't suppose you remember, but that's not the first time you have helped me out.
    I DO remember and I have been helped so much by folks here and also at FSDevelopers. That's what it's all about. We all have something to give back to others. Not only my knowledge which is my gift from God, I try and share my faith as well. We all need Divine as well as temporal help at all times.

Forgive me for jumping into this conversation, but tgycgijoes mentioned flying with the 91st for a few years. I also flew with them, for a time back in 2015 give or take, then again a few years ago. Also in the 401st (Sheila B Cummin, 42-29793, an F model but no matter.)

Do you happen to know if the group still exists? I'm just getting back into the A2A B17 (ironically not due to Masters of the Air, which I only learned about a few days ago), and went looking for the website and can't seem to find it. Every google search I threw at it, and your post mentioning the virtual group was one of only a very few hits that came up, in fact. A few of Seatime's google docs still show up in my bookmarks and I can access those, but I'll be darned if I can find the group's website. The mission logs in the google docs I can access show missions flown through November 2021, so if they disbanded, it might have been around then.

I may have to remember how to get into Teamspeak, see if anyone is still around and what the status of the Ragged Irregulars is today. Even if the group has disbanded, there was still useful info from the website specific to the flight sim environment that I'd like to collect.

Thanks

Hi cymrych. As far as I'm converned and contributions are welcome :-)

Google Them

I do believe that they are still around. I'm not sure what sim they are flying in but in a JoinFS session you can fly with any sim in multiplayer sessions. I have just created a small VA at FSHub based on CSA Air which flies FEDEX feeder flights in Michigan in the Cessna C208 Cargomaster which I fell in love with and not flying the A2A or AH B-17s any longer. I have retired from the USAAF and American Airlines Virtual to the simple flying life. Hope you find them if you want to get back together with them. All a great bunch of guys to fly with from my time with them.

Just to update: I did indeed eventually find them on Facebook. Their old website is defunct, but it looks like they still get together most days on Teamspeak and JoinFS to fly. The Facebook post indicates they just started the Hops Phase I program at the end of February, and Seatime tells me they still get six or so B-17s in the air often. They continue to fly on any versions of FSX or P3d primarily, as those platforms incorporate some custom scenery and effects, but JoinFS will let someone flying a ported AH B-17 in MSFS join in the fun as well. I don't have my gaming rig set up yet, but I'm hoping to jump onto Teamspeak at lunch time to hopefully make contact directly.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have retired from the USAAF and American Airlines Virtual to the simple flying life.
    Enjoy your retirement! At the yoke of a C208 is always a good time! Aside from the warbirds, I also run a small FSO out of western PA in AirHauler with pretty much just an A2A Comanche and a C208, more for the fun of nice, simple flights than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Hope you find them if you want to get back together with them. All a great bunch of guys to fly with from my time with them.
    They were indeed when I flew with them heavily back in 2013-2015, and then again for a few weeks back in 2021. A lot of the old guard I flew with back in the day were no longer around, but some were still there in 21, and now, it seems. I'm looking forward to renewing my relationship with them.

Tell Them All Hi

Quote Originally Posted by cymrych View Post
    Just to update: I did indeed eventually find them on Facebook. Their old website is defunct, but it looks like they still get together most days on Teamspeak and JoinFS to fly. The Facebook post indicates they just started the Hops Phase I program at the end of February, and Seatime tells me they still get six or so B-17s in the air often. They continue to fly on any versions of FSX or P3d primarily, as those platforms incorporate some custom scenery and effects, but JoinFS will let someone flying a ported AH B-17 in MSFS join in the fun as well. I don't have my gaming rig set up yet, but I'm hoping to jump onto Teamspeak at lunch time to hopefully make contact directly.

Enjoy your retirement! At the yoke of a C208 is always a good time! Aside from the warbirds, I also run a small FSO out of western PA in AirHauler with pretty much just an A2A Comanche and a C208, more for the fun of nice, simple flights than anything else.

They were indeed when I flew with them heavily back in 2013-2015, and then again for a few weeks back in 2021. A lot of the old guard I flew with back in the day were no longer around, but some were still there in 21, and now, it seems. I'm looking forward to renewing my relationship with them.
    Tell them all Hi from "Dickie" especially Seatime and gypsy baron if they are still there. I just Google'd for them and it isn't the same webpage like the old one. I used to be able to login to the old page. Oh well, we all get older and all things change. Anyway, I flew the FSHub challenge Saturday for fun from Lauceston to Melbourne "Down Under" and will be going back to Michigan virtually to fly our company routes. My VA Is Cargo Services Virtual at FSHub.io Have fun with both the 91st and Air Haulers.

Members who have read this thread: 130