Dove for sale! 544 careful owners - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Thank you, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Here is a link to updated Dove "engines" file.
    Unzip and drop it into main aircraft folder

Rob

https://www.sendspace.com/file/caa3ov

Hi Rob - I downloaded that engine fix file earlier and tried it out, but it looks like the incorrect file.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Straight drop in, or remove something else 1st??
    T43
    It will prompt you to replace the original file. You want to put this in deHavilland DH104 Dove\SimObjects\Airplanes\robertrichardson-dove-aircraft

Going to give it a try later tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Hi Rob - I downloaded that engine fix file earlier and tried it out, but it looks like the incorrect file.
    I think you're right, Paul. This engines.cfg file has a turboprop and jet section and no propeller section. The numbers are pretty different across the board. It feels like maybe the config file for one of Rob's jets.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    I think you're right, Paul. This engines.cfg file has a turboprop and jet section and no propeller section. The numbers are pretty different across the board. It feels like maybe the config file for one of Rob's jets.
    Credit to K5083 - he spotted it for me. :-)

Sorry, sorry, sorry, wrong file uploaded!
    This is the one you need.

Rob

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aber7z

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Here is a link to updated Dove "engines" file.
    Unzip and drop it into main aircraft folder

Rob

https://www.sendspace.com/file/caa3ov
    It appears the file may have been removed?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

it was the wrong file, check the new link

Hawaii (001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by spatialpro View Post
    It appears the file may have been removed?
    Link is now live again.

just uploaded these last two Dove paints, I hope you'll enjoy them

DHA(00008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Hawaii (003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Short morning commercial flight

Hello to everyone,
    I connect Jersey to Pontoise. a fifty-minute flight with my De Havilland 104 “Dove” (Colombe) from the company “Jersy Airline”
    I love this plane, it is fast (for the time) and still flew when I was a child.
    There is no photo of the arrival in Pontoise because I am too busy with the landing procedure and the landing itself. My passengers were not shaken.
    Thanks again to Robert Richardson for this gift and his responsiveness in correcting bugs. I know another talented developer (Lagaffe) and I know the difficulties creators encounter.

Departure from Jersey

Crossing the coast north of Granville

Dives -Cabourg

The Seine and the Normandy Bridge on the horizon

The meanders of the Seine around Rouen

Hoping not to bore you.
    Good day, Regards
    (Translated from French by Google translate)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rouen.jpg   Pont-de-normandie.jpg   Franchissement-cote.jpg   Dives.jpg   D-part-Jersy.jpg  

Bumping as the two-week stickie expires...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Installed the new engine.cfg file & then flew Manchester to Edinburgh.
    Aircraft is now very very smooth & I want to thank Rob for all the work he has put into it.
    It is a delight to fly, holds the AP settings without fuss, looks great in the air, & I even managed a hand flown non bunny-hop landing at Edinburgh!
    A true retro/vintage gem.
    T43

I've done 13 paints for this lovely bird so far, and will probably do a few more, but are there still any urgent wishes out there?

13? Is that all ?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I've done 13 paints for this lovely bird so far, and will probably do a few more, but are there still any urgent wishes out there?
    I'd really appreciate a livery for David Brown Engineering's private Dove. It flew to and from their private airstrip in Huddersfield which is my nearest airfield. The real thing had Lycoming engines but 13 is an unlucky number lol:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOVE.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	93414

The crest on the tail:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CREST.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	93415
    This company once owned Aston Martin and installed their own transmissions into the cars, which is why there is an Aston Martin 'DB' series to this day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brown_Ltd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

Not an urgent wish per se, but would you consider a Sea Devon-inspired adaptation? It's a lovely model, and a perfect "retro" period Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm platform for a scheme such as this:

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...-sea-devon-c20

Thanks for all the ones you have done!

dl

New engine settings seem to be bang on the POH. 8000' cruise, 2400 rpm, +2 boost, weak mixture, gave 170 knots indicated. Flies like a dream, too.

No asks from this guy, apart from maybe a cargo version with no seats? You know, for bush flying.

But still gonna fly the props off this in any event.

Devon C2 VP976 of 207 Sqn based at RAF Northolt.

If anyone wants any specific RAF Devons other than this one please just let me know, especially using the same scheme with the distinctive Z-shaped cheatline (having got the vector work done once making minor adaptations is relatively simply). Even moreso if you have reference material to hand.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by spatialpro; March 12th, 2024 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Not an urgent wish per se, but would you consider a Sea Devon-inspired adaptation? It's a lovely model, and a perfect "retro" period Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm platform for a scheme such as this:

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...-sea-devon-c20

Thanks for all the ones you have done!

dl
    I just published this one (781 NAS at HMS Daedalus). As with the RAF Devon, if there are other Fleet Air Arm Sea Devon people are interested in (esp. with the same line work) please just let me know. Even moreso if you have reference material to hand.

Cheers

Andy

Link is now live again.
    Unless I'm mistaken the download/link is removed/broken again?

Is this due to the file being updated?

Andy

Just thinking aloud here... and I may just be mistaken, or it could just be user error... and frankly I've been spending more time repainting than flying... but I could swear that since the engine update engaging Alt with the autopilot no longer maintains altitude (and in my case starts diving for the ground)???

Just thinking aloud here... and I may just be mistaken, or it could just be user error... and frankly I've been spending more time repainting than flying... but I could swear that since the engine update engaging Alt with the autopilot no longer maintains altitude (and in my case starts diving for the ground)???
    ALt HLD via AP is working ok on my sim.
    One of the things I like about the Dove is that after takeoff, using the elevator, I can gently trim its attitude to climb around 1,000 fpm & it will hold that climb rate.
    Then when I get to the desired altitude I level off, set AP Master, set ALT HLD, fine tune the heading, then set HDG HLD on the AP & it will fly on, rock solid.
    T43

Another Sea Devon, this time XJ322 of Fulmar Flight/Station Flight at RNAS Lossiemouth.

I've collected several photos of this rare Sea Devon, but none are in colour, so in this respect I've used some educated guesswork! If you have any colour photos of her please get in touch...

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    ALt HLD via AP is working ok on my sim.
    One of the things I like about the Dove is that after takeoff, using the elevator, I can gently trim its attitude to climb around 1,000 fpm & it will hold that climb rate.
    Then when I get to the desired altitude I level off, set AP Master, set ALT HLD, fine tune the heading, then set HDG HLD on the AP & it will fly on, rock solid.
    T43
    Many thanks for your help. I think I was engaging the switches in the reverse order. When I engage them as described above it behaved as expected

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 482