Weird issues with some coastlines

Thread: Weird issues with some coastlines

Weird issues with some coastlines

I like to fly over Japan with Xavier's scenery, mostly exploring and sometimes flying in QC for some late-war battles (I have zero knowledge in mission building though, don't even have the MB program, but whatever) but on some coastlines (here at Matsuyama) or even inland with some lakes (Chiran for example) I have this thing happening, the ocean/water partially or totally covering some areas where it obviously shoudn't. I have Rhumba's mesh activated (LOD 5,7 and 8) and Yosi's Japan Terrain Mesh Scenery ST as well. I didn't install Rhumba's watermasks, as I read it was too "agressive" but it may be the/a cause? Or maybe a matter of "priority" in the scenery library (scenery cfg file)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matsuyama coast.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	93153

Library Staff
    Ludo, try Rhumba's Pacific coastal flattens and his various water file packages from 2002. The water downloads can be put into a single scenery folder. The coastal flattens and water layers can be placed immediately above the Rhumba mesh layers in the scenery hierarchy.

MaskRider's later scenery packages require Rhumba's water masks, so, unfortunately with the PTO, it's a matter of activating and deactivating scenery layers to get the best results for a particular area.

The Pearl Harbor Project fixes Oahu while UncleTgt has transformed New Guinea, the Solomons and a number of other SW Pacific islands. The islands of Palau still have the water on land issue.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Thank you for your help Kevin, that did the trick on quite some areas, there are still some water/coasts issues here and there but I can live with it. I guess I need to try differents settings but it's parts of the fun I guess

Members who have read this thread: 54