Where and when is the next warbird? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where and when is the next warbird?

or a Sunderland, to stay with flying boats...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Did you people miss this perhaps?

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...e-Spitfire-XIX

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Is Flying Iron still in business ? I only ask because their FW-190 seems a little overdue. Then again, they might be letting the Me-109's novelty value wear off a little, before tempting us with a shiny new toy. Sound marketing, I would say.

Most of all, I'd like to see some proper WIP shots of their B-17.
    FI are quite active on Discord. Sadly the FW-190 they were working on got sidlined for more popular projects such as the B-17 and Hawker Hunter. I was pretty disappointed as the 190 is my fave from WW2 but money talks and the masses going “B-17 plz wen” won.

Not forgetting Flight Replicas' Halifax and B-24, of course. I don't mind which comes first; I just want to see them in the air above MSFS' gorgeous scenery.

B-24? like this one flown by Jimmy Stewart?

when?

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Did you people miss this perhaps?

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...e-Spitfire-XIX

Priller
    I did indeed! But no longer, work in progress:

Screenshot (9754) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (9755) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

SOH-CM-2023
    Another anxious wish for the B17. I only hope I'll be around to enjoy it.

Flight Replicas showed some nice images of their Seafire Mk III in their WIP on their Face book page recently

Here are some aircraft that I would like to see get developed:

P-47D Thunderbolt
    De Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
    B-25J Mitchell
    Hawker Sea Fury
    F8F Bearcat
    F7F Tigercat (I know there is the Virtavia one, but that is not particularly high quality)
    A-26 Invader
    Spitfire Mk.XIV (all of the Spitfires currently available are Merlin powered, so a Griffon powered variant would be nice to have).
    A high quality P-51 Mustang, such as the A2A Mustang or one made by FlyingIron. (I'm not sure about getting the Asobo or Aeroplane Heaven Mustang, as neither of them feel satisfactory enough for me).
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryFighters View Post
    Here are some aircraft that I would like to see get developed:

P-47D Thunderbolt
    De Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
    B-25J Mitchell
    Hawker Sea Fury
    F8F Bearcat
    F7F Tigercat (I know there is the Virtavia one, but that is not particularly high quality)
    A-26 Invader
    Spitfire Mk.XIV (all of the Spitfires currently available are Merlin powered, so a Griffon powered variant would be nice to have).
    A high quality P-51 Mustang, such as the A2A Mustang or one made by FlyingIron. (I'm not sure about getting the Asobo or Aeroplane Heaven Mustang, as neither of them feel satisfactory enough for me).
    Maybe also some Luftwaffe aircraft?

Bf109E4
    Me110
    Ju 88A4
    Do217
    He111
    He177
    Fw200

How about these three? First US fighter with tricycle landing gear.

Bell P-39 Airacobra
    Bell P-63 Kingcobra
    Bell P-59 Airacomet

Westland Lysander
    Fiesler Fi 156 Storch
    Bucker Bu 181 Bestmann
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

B-26 Marauder
    A-20 Havoc/Boston
    Grumman Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Westland Lysander
    Fiesler Fi 156 Storch
    Bucker Bu 181 Bestmann
    Can't comment on the Bestmann but the Storch and Lysander would be instant sales for me!!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Vought Kingfisher. (Tim Conrad’s was great in the day)
    F-82
    F11F Tiger
    F7U Cutlass
    B-36

Focke-Wulf Fw190A and Fw190D.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Focke-Wulf Fw190A and Fw190D.

Priller
    +1

I really think we should stick to the classics. Much as I love all warbirds and classic old jets a nice stable of thoroughbreds would be best. Developers should get together to prevent duplication, and timewasting (unless they already do).

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Developers should get together to prevent duplication, and timewasting (unless they already do).
    You *could* count on that with anything *before* MSFS (i mean duplication and time wasting..). Dunno how it goes today about that. I was forced to deal with that annoying developer problem atleast 3 times. With Maam-Sim we abandonned work on a T-6 Texan/Harvard, luckily in more or less early stage ( and here's another problem *within* this problem: the dev far ahead with their iteration of the T-6 NEVER released it !....). I always wanted to do a Connie for FS9 very much, started with the L-049. About 40% done here comes FSDZigns with his "Clear for Take-Off" L-049... By then impossible for me to improve on that fantastic model. Onwards to the scrapheap with my poor L-049.. Never a good FSX DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter (radial engine), my fav in FS9 and before. Ok, Clear Prop! Let's do it !

About half way during development here come TWO FSX radial Otters at the same time ! Lightning strike out of a blue sky ! Twice ! Thank you AH and JF !.....

(loved them both nontheless..;-)

The thing was, and maybe still is, i had the impression that devs didn't really want other devs to know what they were working on or had in mind. Not sure about a rule like that because nothing more likely that it could end up as described above. A dev can be about 100% sure that no other dev is working on a Caproni Stipa Flying Barrel, or the Boeing X-32 to stay contemporary ( i'd still buy it, just *because* it's so ugly..;-).

Then again he might well have to forget about being the sole developer of a Cessna 172, 182, Citation or whatever Cessna or Piper, modern jetliner, i.e. Boeing or Airbus, or a whole scala of the most well known WWII propfighters and bombers and from the 50's onwards jetfighters as well. He can never know... Having to abandon a WIP is no fun to say the least and a downright tragedy at worst.

I think we might even assume that because of this "Duplication & Timewasting" monster that lurks behind every corner of an FS Aircraft development project, some or even many aircraft will never see the light in MSFS... Just too risky...

An 'Umbrella Organisation" to regulate 'Who does What' in the FS aircraft modeling department has certainly been tried but i believe never came to fruitation (no doubt also in light of "we don't want other devs to know what we're working on"...)

Probabely a typical "FS Aircraft Development Syndrome" that comes with the trade. It's a 'Catch 22' situation. Choose to develop a lesser known not that interesting aircraft to rule out competition: it won't sell as much to validate the project. Choose to develop a well known beloved aircraft that is highly anticipated: be sure another one is in the works as well and you have to share the profits.

It's not all whine and roses in the realm of FS aircraft development.

YASS - Yet Another Spitfire Syndrome...on which topic the Flight Replicas Spitfire V should be out soon and is a candidate for my 3rd Spitfire.

And three F5s soon, but of those only one is a probable purchase - IF the VC is improved on the F4.

a nice stable of thoroughbreds
    but one mans thoroughbred is another mans Nag...

Didn't Rob share a shot of a Javelin a while ago...any news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Goat, Goat HU-16
    After a civilian A2A P-51D....THIS...in spades. Miss the HU-16 in the sim...

Kent

P.S. Now I'm going to have to go re-watch "Flight from Ashiya" a couple of times...!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FFA.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 193