What's up with the Aerosoft Twin Otter?

Thread: What's up with the Aerosoft Twin Otter?

What's up with the Aerosoft Twin Otter?

Does anyone know what's going on with this plane? I know it has its problems, but I still enjoy flying it. However, about every third time I start up the sim, it's missing from my hangar. I have to reinstall it to fly. I know that Aerosoft pulled it from their shop and said it would be re-released at some point as part of "another project." They also said something about how it would be clear what they meant in "weeks." Well, it's been plenty of weeks since then, and I can't find any info. I would really like to fly my purchased plane without having to reinstall it.
    Anyone here know what the story is, or at least how to fix it so it doesn't get deleted from my list?
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Anyone here know what the story is, or at least how to fix it so it doesn't get deleted from my list?
    I've never had this happen to anything in my Community folder, there again I don't use any linker or manager programs either.
    The twin otter will most likely reappear as a default aircraft in MSFS2024, it was spotted in a promotional video released sometime last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with this plane? I know it has its problems, but I still enjoy flying it. However, about every third time I start up the sim, it's missing from my hangar. I have to reinstall it to fly. I know that Aerosoft pulled it from their shop and said it would be re-released at some point as part of "another project." They also said something about how it would be clear what they meant in "weeks." Well, it's been plenty of weeks since then, and I can't find any info. I would really like to fly my purchased plane without having to reinstall it.
    No problem here. There may be something in your Community folder (recently added) causing the problem. Aerosoft is coming out with Antartica Vol. 2 around the 25th. Maybe it will be updated and stable for that release. Or not.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I love this airframe and would appreciate any attention Aerosoft can give her… she’s like no other.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check to see if some other addon is causing this. I've read other places online that other simmers are experiencing the same "Marketplace Disappearance" with this plane, so if I figure it out, maybe I can help them, too.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I wonder if whatever problem you are having is the same type of glitch that won't allow me to use the FS KBT P-3 Orions in MSFS, when everyone else does NOT have this problem!!

I've been trying to re-download the Twin Otter from Aerosoft One, but it no longer appears in my order list. Anyone else had this issue since the product was pulled off the market?
    - Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    I've been trying to re-download the Twin Otter from Aerosoft One, but it no longer appears in my order list. Anyone else had this issue since the product was pulled off the market?
    - Kenneth
    Have you tried using their app? Yes, everyone seems to be using their own app these days and it makes it difficult to keep on top of all your add-ons.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Have you tried using their app? Yes, everyone seems to be using their own app these days and it makes it difficult to keep on top of all your add-ons.

LouP
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using their app, but it does not show as a purchase and hence cannot be downloaded. Oh well, plenty of other machines to fly, some of which I only flew once!! But if I get confirmation that it has disappeared from the app for other customers, I will request a refund from the vendor I bought it from in the first place.

- Kenneth

I reinstalled it via Aerosoft One a few weeks ago without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    I reinstalled it via Aerosoft One a few weeks ago without problem.
    Thanks for the feedback, I will investigate further! - Kenneth

Members who have read this thread: 84