GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

I went in on the fun today. Looks very nice and the atmosphere is also quite enjoyable.

I was a bit confused by the tailwheel, I expected a free castoring wheel but I've so far found out, that the Army variants may have used a steered tailwheel? Actually from a discussion here at SOH 6 years back.

Anyway, looking forward to a wide bunch of paintjobs for this one!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    I went in on the fun today. Looks very nice and the atmosphere is also quite enjoyable.

I was a bit confused by the tailwheel, I expected a free castoring wheel but I've so far found out, that the Army variants may have used a steered tailwheel? Actually from a discussion here at SOH 6 years back.

Anyway, looking forward to a wide bunch of paintjobs for this one!
    The Army did indeed use a freely castoring tailwheel. We elected to install a tailwheel lock on all types to improve the user experience on take off. I almost always fly with it off. Thanks for asking about it

Thanks for the quick response, too. I still need to collect some knowledge about this iconic aircraft.
    We have quite a few here in Germany, too. One in my town, as well. It comes by our R/C airfield frequently in the summer days. Always a very welcome sight and wonderful to hear that radial engine working.

Looking forward to spending more time with this one!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

UV-Mapping is working like a charme for us repainters. Well done!

stearman7 by TiAr, auf Flickr

stearman3 by TiAr, auf Flickr

stearman by Tir, auf Flickr

This repaint shows Boeing Stearman PT-17 N68296 of Flugwerk Mannheim with serial 40-1797, c/n 75-0354, built in 1940 as a PT-17. In respect to the famous WW2 WAC Woman Air Corps/WASP Women Airforce Service Pilots this aircraft wears the Fifinella patch nose art. Since 2014, aircaft is based at EDFM Mannheim/Germany.

Available at Flightsim.com

https://www.flightsim.com/files/file...werk-mannheim/

Thomas

that's fine work and I like the history behind it as well. Beauty
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Some really Great re-paints being done here guys thanks for your support!!!!....and keep the paint schemes coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    All existing customers have or will receive and email from PayLoadz with a link for version 1.1. Those purchasing the model after 1700 EST today will not require this. The purchase link has been updated as well. The following issues identified by customers have been corrected. The wing insignia previously identified, the transponder texture corrected, and the in-game refueling process refined and reflected in the users manual. Thanks to all for speaking up with questions and concerns.
    hi,
    is it possible to upload a zip,as most other do?
    so we put in the community folder only?

ihave this mess now in my apps,and i do not like old entrys i can not deinstall now.

Thamk“s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

uninstall via the exe removed my complete community folder,luck,i did it in a copy and rename the orig one,so nothing is lost.......
    not a good way to do installers.

so,all be carfull please!!!

i found the patch and have to reinstall and deinstall to get this mess away,maybe this cause the dellite from my comunity folder?

@ GAS,Please check your installers,that they do not mess up our Sytems and delite the wrong folder!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

so all unwanted entrys are removed in the applist,and all is working,but i realy like to have future updates as a Zip file,and not to mess up my pc and registry.

Thank“s

i love the Plane,and i hope we do not need the installers...........

this is the PT17 version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg  

@Banjoman1960,

I don't know how you have desinstall the "Boeing Stearman" but the installer works perfectly: I have used it 2 times yesterday without problem.

The installer produced by GAS install 3 folders in the Community folder and a exe:
    - a folder gas-stearman-model-75
    - a folder gas-vintage-pilots
    - a folder Golden Age Simulations
    - an executable : Uninstall_Boeing_Stearman_MSFS.exe

To desinstall this addon, you should launch this exe and the product is uninstalled properly.

If all entries in Community are removed is because you have done an other action or enter a bad path during the installation.

The best install for MSFS that I propose is to put MSFS in a dedicated partition like D: or E: etc
    If you have install in 2020, you can go under "Apps and features" then do a right clik on MSFS and choose to move the existing installation to a partition of your choice.
    Mine is under F:\MSFS and my Community is under F:\MSFS\Community ... the simplest installation possible.
    With GAS installer, when the PATH is required, I just enter F:\MSFS\Community and validate my choice.

PS:
    1 - This installer is based on InstalCreator which is a old product and proven: I use it since 2010.

2 - Why GAS has product a complete version and not a ZIP? Because the size of the patch and the incriminated files required an installer to avoid damaging the installations.

3 - I am 66 old and retired from a major Defense Electronics Group (THALES) where I works as Windows Administrator for 38 years. I managed with my service over 2000 PCs used for military developments, spread over two production sites. A large number of our products was deployed with InstallCreator Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    uninstall via the exe removed my complete community folder,luck,i did it in a copy and rename the orig one,so nothing is lost.......
    not a good way to do installers.

so,all be carfull please!!!

i found the patch and have to reinstall and deinstall to get this mess away,maybe this cause the dellite from my comunity folder?

@ GAS,Please check your installers,that they do not mess up our Sytems and delite the wrong folder!!!
    The instructions in the email sent were very specific that it could installed over your existing version there was no need to uninstall anything and that was how it was tested. Sorry that you had a negative experience and glad it sorted out now.

The instructions in the email sent were very specific that it could installed over your existing version there was no need to uninstall anything and that was how it was tested. Sorry that you had a negative experience and glad it sorted out now.
    yes.in future i install in a new createt folder,copy to the communitiy,
    and deinstall the Folder,so i keep my registry and apps as a minimum,i like to have a clean Flightsim PC.....

As is our custom, we are releasing our Stearman Package as a pre-release discounted offer to the SOH Community members
    Thank you very much for such an expected release. No flight simulator worth its salt can do without a good Stearman
    I hope you won't stop releasing new stuff for MSFS.

The sale will remain active until January 22nd after which it will be available through our website and our vendor network
    That includes Simmarket, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Thank you very much for such an expected release. No flight simulator worth its salt can do without a good Stearman
    I hope you won't stop releasing new stuff for MSFS.

That includes Simmarket, I hope?
    Yes SimMarket is one of our vendors. Thanks for asking and taking an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Now to figure out a good screenshot program that works in Windows 11.
    Your 'puter should have the Xbox Game Bar installed, if not, it's free in the MS Store. It has a screenshooter included.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

ihave this mess now in my apps,and i do not like old entrys i can not deinstall now.
    Run the installer, copy the folders installed to the Community folder to your desktop, then uninstall via the Windows Control Panel. I do this with every addon that uses an exe installer.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Run the installer, copy the folders installed to the Community folder to your desktop, then uninstall via the Windows Control Panel. I do this with every addon that uses an exe installer.

thank“s,
    i create a folder to install,and then copy were i need,and deinstall....same way

Acrobatic Routine

Used with permission of the author

XAF (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

XAF (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

All existing customers have or will receive and email from PayLoadz with a link for version 1.1. Those purchasing the model after 1700 EST today will not require this. The purchase link has been updated as well. The following issues identified by customers have been corrected. The wing insignia previously identified, the transponder texture corrected, and the in-game refueling process refined and reflected in the users manual. Thanks to all for speaking up with questions and concerns.
    I have not received my email from Payloadz yet.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I have not received my email from Payloadz yet.
    Check your PM just responded to you there. Thanks

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Check your PM just responded to you there. Thanks
    email sent. Thanks
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    XAF (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

XAF (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Beautiful paints, as usual, JanKees.

At first glance of NC67412, I immediately thought of Stephen Coonts' "Cannibal Queen" N58700. The book just happened to be sitting on my desk, right in front of me. Wondering if she is on your list of "to do's?" She does have a cowling, and a retro-fitted 300hp, Lycoming R-680, with polished prop and spinner.

EDIT: My mistake. I forgot that the cowled version is not in this release. Maybe later.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Members who have read this thread: 119