GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

Quick question on the 300hp version.

Is the maximum manifold pressure with the engine running supposed to be limited to about 21inHG? The lower powered models will pull the expected ~30inHG at sea level, and the 300hp version indicates that with the engine off, but with the engine running, it's limited.

She's a beauty!

I've run into one issue: Switching between internal/external views, or using "Travel to" to skip ahead to approach at my destination airport, can cause the engine sounds to disappear. (I've seen the same issue on "Travel to" with the SSW G-91, so seems to have something to do with legacy soundpacks.)

Can anyone else who has it try this and see if you can duplicate the problem?

Be curious here if anyone else sees the engine sound issue using the "Travel to" command. If so, I created a [bug report topic](https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...e-sound/626700) you can vote on or add to.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    Quick question on the 300hp version.

Is the maximum manifold pressure with the engine running supposed to be limited to about 21inHG? The lower powered models will pull the expected ~30inHG at sea level, and the 300hp version indicates that with the engine off, but with the engine running, it's limited.
    We will look into it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    We will look into it. Thanks
    Thanks.

One other thing I noticed is that the RPM on the 300hp version seems a bit low, since it won't get anywhere near the end of the green arc at full power and RPM.

wip.
    Texaco livery, at fs.to
    https://flightsim.to/file/67872/gas-...an-pt13-texaco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   xx.jpg  

Here's the Stearman from the movie 'the English Patient':

G-AFEA (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AFEA (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AFEA (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AFEA (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AFEA was an imaginary registration for the film, does anybody know which aircraft this really was?

edit: found it: I-KJNG
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

GAS_Stearman_PT13_ Texaco

Texaco online and Gulf is updatet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt.jpg  

Used with permission of the author
    Thank you so much for this tip, Spad !!

What a fantastic MSFS video creator/editor we have here with "Vintage Simulations" !! I am actually very very much surprised that it took so long for someone to notify us here about the amazing MSFS video material this gentleman has been producing for almost a year already ! I certainly did not know about him until now otherwise i would've been trumpeting forth with all might the superb MSFS video work of "Vintage Simulations" !

I mean, not only a full feathered all singing and dancing aerobatic manoeuvres program from inside the cockpit but the same program again from a spectators point of view on top of that !! I mean(2), did anybody see this before ? Did anybody do this before ? I believe a double negative is at hand here. This certainly must be a first in MSFS ladies and gentlemen ! (and for all i know kept a secret for almost a year ! Why ???..)

And all thru a (not so user friendly) beta version of "Flight Control Replay" (atleast that is my guess, please correct me if i'm wrong).

If you did not click the video in Spad's post please do so NOW as you don't know what you're missing !

And don't hesitate to click "Vintage Simulations" while you're there, he has lots more where this amazing Stearman video comes from ! ( external 'Fly-By' sounds are not yet where we want them to be to say the least...., i bet that will be a LOT better once FCR will have matured. ( the Stearman fly-by sound is actually not bad at all. Just that the plane could've been more closer to the camera. Fly-by sounds of some of VS' other aircraft vids are pretty awkward. Pity because the sound should be very much part of the show here too) Also better options to move the camera in- and out during external replay could do wonders. with this beta it's all a bit make do still..Hence Vintage Simulations deserves lots of accolades to produce such wonderful external video material anyway !! )

Thanks again, Spad, you have made my day !! (that's twice in a row ! )
    Last edited by Javis; January 20th, 2024 at 15:38.

is there someone want Race Liverys?

WIP;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG  

I'll gladly have those racers!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    https://flightsim.to/file/67898/gas-...ace-liverypack

Have Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller

ad 3 liverys,so download again,if you want them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.JPG  

if someone want the 75l300 sound like the pt17 or 13 change the line in aircraft.cfg from Sound = ""to this Sound = "\..\..\gas-stearman-model-75-common\sound" in the liverys for the 75l300.....

GAS_Stearman Varney Airlines

https://flightsim.to/file/67970/gas-stearman-varney-airlines

2 versions,one fot pt13 one pt17,as best i get,fictional
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Sale Ending Next Steps

Greetings all

First off, thanks to all for supporting our Stearman project and for the enthusiasm shown for the work.
    The link for the sale will be deactivated tomorrow morning by 9 am EST. Following that there will be a delay of a few days going to the vendor network, as we take into consideration observations made by users and include those we can address in an updated version. All existing customers will receive notification, within a few days of its development, of the new version from PayLoadz listing the updates included and instructions on how to obtain it.
    Best to all
    Paul

Greetings all

First off, thanks to all for supporting our Stearman project and for the enthusiasm shown for the work.
    The link for the sale will be deactivated tomorrow morning by 9 am EST. Following that there will be a delay of a few days going to the vendor network, as we take into consideration observations made by users and include those we can address in an updated version. All existing customers will receive notification, within a few days of its development, of the new version from PayLoadz listing the updates included and instructions on how to obtain it.
    Best to all
    Paul

any plan to do ablender paintkit?

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    any plan to do ablender paintkit?
    You already have a paintkit.
    As far as I’m concerned, I am sorry but I don’t know what a "blender paintkit" is. If you need the winframe boards used in Blender for mapping, this can possibly be studied and added to the PSD files but given the number of repaints that are published it seems that painters have no problem.

Regarding the textures of the gauges's glasses, the problem has been found and fixed (MSFS glass material had been lost).
    Now, I just test the last version and at dusk the glasses have the good appearance now.

i did all paints for this one in 2d,but same i can not get right,
    i can use blender if i have a file,but my english is to bad to understand how to import a model and textures to paint in 3d......

no problem,stay at the easy way.

is there a way to ad the vintage pilot to the tablet in a update?

Thank´s

Blender Paintkit: There was never any question of delivering our sources.

To use vintage pilots, you must go through the Microsoft GUI as indicated in the documentation. The tablet was never intended for this and besides I do not think it is possible.

Just wanted to add my gratitude to Paul and team for an excellent rendition of the Stearman. I'm very grateful for the consideration of giving SOH visitors a little incentive for getting on board early. I really enjoy using this plane and even though there are a few minor quibbles, they don't distract from a superb flying experience. Great job, Golden Age Simulations !

Great models! Working on textures for a local Stearman (WIP)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

beautiful paint and screenshot composition. (and Stearman PT-13)
    Where is the region and airstrip?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    beautiful paint and screenshot composition. (and Stearman PT-13)
    Where is the region and airstrip?
    Thanks.
    The area is Bergen/Norway. The airport is Bergen Airport ENBR, Flesland (the homebase of LN-VAR)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

With apologies to C.C. Deville...

Unsticky bump!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Gunnar- love your paints.. always have, always will. Ta!

Members who have read this thread: 119