IRIS A-10A Thunderbolt II "Warthog Driver" - reformatted fo

Thread: IRIS A-10A Thunderbolt II "Warthog Driver" - reformatted fo

IRIS A-10A Thunderbolt II "Warthog Driver" - reformatted fo

IRIS A-10 Thunderbolt II - Full Aircraft (Partial Native Conversion) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

This is the IRIS A-10A Thunderbolt II "Warthog Driver" for FSX, adapted and partially converted for use with MSFS and distributed as freeware with permission from IRIS.Key Features:
    • The exterior model has been converted to GLTF format, fully re-animated, plus new lights and effects added
    • Two models are included, one for normal A-10s with weapons and one for Demo Team aircraft with no weapons and fewer pylons
    • The canopy can be opened on the ground with Taxi lights
    • The boarding ladder appears down when the canopy is open and engines are shut down
    • Formation/slime lights can be toggled with Recognition lights
    • The aerial refueling door can be opened with Wing lights

Known issues:
    • Because the interior is still an MDL file, THIS AIRCRAFT WILL NOT WORK IN VR.
    • The cockpit gauges are partially functional but nothing in the cockpit is clickable. Converting and re-animating the interior would take an immense amount of time that I am not willing to spend. If anyone wants to tackle that project, I would be happy to incorporate the work into this package.
    • Currently the exterior weapons are set to a fixed loadout, but as soon as Asobo fixes the multiplayer lights issue introduced in SU14 they will be set up as fully customizable. In the mean time you can edit the model.xml file to change the loadout if you want.
    • All of the weapons are shown at once in the interior view. This will be fixed at the same time.
    • There is no AI sound because I have not found a suitable aircraft to borrow from. If you know of one, please let me know!

I encourage anyone who wants to improve the model to do so. New COMP files, new Normal maps, an animated cockpit, etc. This is a freeware side project and I only have so much time to spend on it, but I am happy to incorporate improvements from others.I also encourage everyone to create new liveries and share them with the community. The original FSX paintkit files are included in the pack. One unique aspect of this hybrid model is that the interior model file still uses the .dds files from FSX, while the exterior uses the .png.dds files for MSFS. If you make a livery, please be sure to include both types so that is consistent between the interior view and the exterior view.

It is looking great, flys great and sounds great.

A10 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Great - an uncastrated warthog finally Like it!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Great - an uncastrated warthog finally Like it!
    If you are referring to the payware one by Deimo's, there's a patch to give it its gun back on the .to site. And that one works in VR

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    If you are referring to the payware one by Deimo's, there's a patch to give it its gun back on the .to site. And that one works in VR

Link:

https://flightsim.to/file/60643/deim...weapon-s-patch

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Good to know, thank you
    Best regards, Manfred.

And for this model, it's possible to change the loadout in the xml file in the model folder.

I'm going to check if and how to merge this model with the deimos VC which is actually quite nice.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Here's what she looks like without those horrid tanks:

Priller