Flysimware Lear 35A Early Access Released 3/7

Thread: Flysimware Lear 35A Early Access Released 3/7

Flysimware Lear 35A Early Access Released 3/7

I received an e-mail from Flysimware today, announcing their early access special for their Lear 35A for $39.99.

Being a Lear junkie, I couldn't resist. I have made one quick hop (KCOS-KAPA), and I was pleased with how it flew and handled. Here is the link the early access offer on their site:

https://www.flysimware.com/FLYSIMSTO...-35a-msfs.html

Kent
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 7th, 2024 at 09:29.

Merry Christmas Kent! I too jumped on this and it is a very nice model even in this early access stage. Can't wait to fly it again. (Edit) Now all we have to do is get him to bring the MU-2B-60 in and we'll be doing great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merry Christmas, Bryant! I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the flight model for an "early access" version. I agree that it would be wonderful to have their Marquise updated and flying in MSFS as well.
    Kent

Are there any good pics of the office available? I'd love to have an older biz jet, but if it takes 20 minutes just to get the engines started, I'll have to pass.

Edit: Found a couple of encouraging shots from Ryan in the screenshots thread.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom...here ya go:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LearC 1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	325.0 KB 
ID:	92752

Name:	LearC 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	92753

Name:	LearC 3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	92754

Hope that helps. I flew from KCOS-KOFF this morning, and considering there is no documentation yet...I managed to get where I was going in one piece.

Kent

One little issue I am running into is the altitude hold. The jet intercepts the altitude fine but soon after the hold switch lights up, it suddenly cuts off then the jet pitches up hard. No idea if it is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I will consult FSW and see what they say. Otherwise the model functions great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep...I saw that ALT HOLD phenomenon as well. In addition, when I select reverse thrust in external view...the buckets move into place, and there is often a puff of white smoke that appears from the engines...I'm thinking this is a bug. I will reach out to FSW on this.

But still REALLY liking the airplane.

Kent

I think I'll wait until this one's past early access stage, but I'm def. interested. I just wish their support was something besides Discord. That place is like trying to carry on a quiet conversation in the middle of a mosh pit.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Kent, they just released an update, the A/P Altitude Hold bug seems fixed, did a quick test flight between two airports at about 120nm, it behaved normally. Am very happy with it now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks...I'll check it out. REALLY liking this Lear 35A!

Kent

EDIT: Just flew KSNA-KSTS, and it worked like a dream. FSW hit this one out of the park. Would LOVE to see them do the MU-2 Marquise to this standard next...
    Last edited by ColoKent; December 29th, 2023 at 09:36.

FYI Dev Update to this product released last night. Version 1.2.3

~40 US seems a little steep for "early access," features not yet implemented, and no manual. But Rachael already has a first look video out that I currently have queued up in another tab. Gonna have to think hard on this one...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Love this airplane. It has become my "go to" bizjet. Well worth $40, IMHO.

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 102