Black and white scenery
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 4200 USD, Received: 3,000.00 USD (72%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2024 Charter Membership Drive"

All online donations at this time are through PayPal

Snailmail donations can still be sent, see this thread

Alternate Donations

Please log in before making your donation.

Please read this years announcement on the home page for important information

Announcement Post

Accepted Payment Types

Thread: Black and white scenery

Black and white scenery

I have not used FSX for quite awhile, but when I booted it the other day the ground scenery was all in black-and-white tones. This happens each time I try to get the sim started. Any remedies, or am I out of luck?

It might be more helpful if you could post a screen shot of the black and white scenery, but I will take a WAG that it is corrupt or missing texture files.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I had a similar thing happen years ago. The issue was my video card was crapping out on long flights. All the textures would go white and I wasr flying in a sea of white objects.

Post your system specs.

FSX and FS9 seem to get funny at times and the issue is a corrupt FSX.CFG or fs9.cfg file. Back up your fsx.cfg file then delete it and let the SIM generate a new one

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Thanks for the replies, folks. I have kept after fixing the problem and somehow now have the scenery back to normal. I now have to retrieve the Orbx stuff and re-install the many wonderful aircraft that I have collected from here; which by the way are wonderful and generously offered by many contributors over the years. See you around here!

PS: Welcome back, Ed.

Members who have read this thread: 97