C-130J Sounds

Thread: C-130J Sounds

C-130J Sounds

Does anybody know if there is a better soundset for the C-130J's Rolls-Royce AE 2100D3. It is a very different noise from the T-56 and it is quite jarring when you see a J-model with that soundset.
    Andy

Andy,
    You might try the C-130J models by Mike Stone, PAD or Captain Sim – all were available for FS9. Or maybe the C-130 Experience or Legendary C130 pack from Captain Sim or Just Flight ?

The PAD versions say that they have "custom sounds".

Or you might try looking for an Alenia C27 Spartan, which apparently has the same engines.

I’m not sure how meaningful it would be to check the AI models by John Young and Henry Tomkiewicz.

HTH,
    Ro

Not found one yet; both the J and the earlier T-56 with the 'New Prop' mod are somewhat quieter than original 4 bladed prop/T-56 combination; SAAB 2000 also had the AE2100

ttfn

Pete

I've got all the models Ro, even replaced the Captain Sim soundsets (which weren't too bad) with those from TSS, but they are still only T-56s. The PAD "custom sounds" which appear to be based on those of the P-3 Orion which uses, of course, the T-56!! The C-27J suggestion isn't a bad one, but the FS9 models all alias to the C-208 Caravan; I do have the Iris version for FSX but it's way above my paygrade to adapt that to a 4-engined set and, in any case, it would be unlikely to work in FS9 so only half of my problem would be solved. These things are sent to try us.

Pete, I'd forgotten about the BSMP Saab 2000, seem to recall it had a superb soundset. I've just downloaded it and will install later, but it still leaves the problem of how to turn a 2-engined set into a 4-engined version and I wouldn't have a clue how to do that.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I've got all the models Ro, even replaced the Captain Sim soundsets (which weren't too bad) with those from TSS, but they are still only T-56s. The PAD "custom sounds" which appear to be based on those of the P-3 Orion which uses, of course, the T-56!! The C-27J suggestion isn't a bad one, but the FS9 models all alias to the C-208 Caravan; I do have the Iris version for FSX but it's way above my paygrade to adapt that to a 4-engined set and, in any case, it would be unlikely to work in FS9 so only half of my problem would be solved. These things are sent to try us.

Pete, I'd forgotten about the BSMP Saab 2000, seem to recall it had a superb soundset. I've just downloaded it and will install later, but it still leaves the problem of how to turn a 2-engined set into a 4-engined version and I wouldn't have a clue how to do that.
    Andy,if IIRC,just add two more sets of "engine data" files (copy and paste 'em)and rename them "3" and "4"then double up on the sounds and rename to 3 and 4.
    You can do the same to reduce a 4 engine set down to 2 by removing engines 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    Andy,if IIRC,just add two more sets of "engine data" files (copy and paste 'em)and rename them "3" and "4"then double up on the sounds and rename to 3 and 4.
    You can do the same to reduce a 4 engine set down to 2 by removing engines 3 and 4.
    I've reduced a few, never done it the other way. I'll give it a crack, let you all know how it turns out.
    Andy

Try the sound folder from the KBT P-3 Orions?

That sound set is rather loud but it has a great "howl".
    I replaced the old sound folders for my Alphasim C-130s with that one.

Worst case, PM me with an addr and I'll zip that set and send it out.

To be honest, I've used that sound set for a LONG time and I don't recall where I really found it or if I made any changes.

Just PM your addy and I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post

I replaced the old sound folders for my Alphasim C-130s with that one.

Worst case, PM me with an addr and I'll zip that set and send it out.
    A cracking set, I'd done the same with my Alpha Hercs until I got the TSS set. But it is another T-56 so won't fit the bill. I've got the BSMP Saab 2000 set isolated and I'm starting to make the necessary changes ..... don't think this is going to be a quick job.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post

I replaced the old sound folders for my Alphasim C-130s .
    However, the C-130 'New Propellor' modified versions; and the C-130 J with different engine and propellor combination are much quieter.

It's why a P-3 set, or any set designed for the T-56 engine are just wrong

Ttfn

Pete ( Retired C-130 Crew Chief)

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    However, the C-130 'New Propellor' modified versions; and the C-130 J with different engine and propellor combination are much quieter.

It's why a P-3 set, or any set designed for the T-56 engine are just wrong

Ttfn

Pete ( Retired C-130 Crew Chief)

Which is why all of my Herk's have four blade props.

Members who have read this thread: 0