Freeware Milviz DHC-2 Beaver mv-wx.dll error

Thread: Freeware Milviz DHC-2 Beaver mv-wx.dll error

Freeware Milviz DHC-2 Beaver mv-wx.dll error

I still have FSX-SE installed and had a go at installing the Milviz Beaver which should work in FSX-SE (and P3Dv5) and can be selected in the installer. But when loading the aircraft, I get an error "mv-wx.dll incompatible with this simulator"! I can delete the offending dll in the panel folder and the aircraft loads and is usable.

Has anyone experienced this issue and what is mv-wx.dll used for?
    Cheers, Peter

mv-wx.dll is put into the gauges folder for the Milviz Weather Radar. WX usually refers to weather MV is Milviz.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    mv-wx.dll is put into the gauges folder for the Milviz Weather Radar. WX usually refers to weather MV is Milviz.
    Great, this information is very helpful and the issue is now fixed. When I installed the Beaver, the installer gives a choice to install the Weather Radar version. As I thought I don't need the radar installed, I left the tick box blank. But this options then installs the incompatible mv-wx.dll version!

I re-installed the Beaver with the Weather Radar version selected for FSX-SE which then installs the correct mv-wx.dll version and the aircraft loads now without any errors.
    Cheers, Peter

Peter,

Is installation of Milviz DHC-2 Beaver difficult or easy?? I downloaded free Milviz 737-200 but AM afraid to install it!!!

And since when that bush plane comes equipped with fancy weather radar??

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Peter,

Is installation of Milviz DHC-2 Beaver difficult or easy?? I downloaded free Milviz 737-200 but AM afraid to install it!!!

And since when that bush plane comes equipped with fancy weather radar??

Regards,

Aharon
    I would say not easy, but not very difficult either. Just give it a shot. The uninstall routine works well so you can easily remove the aircraft if it isn't working. Just keep in mind that you have to configure the aircraft with the MilViz Addon Management System (MVAMS) before starting FSX. MVAS is installed during the aircraft installation.

Several of the MilViz aircraft have the weather radar as an option.
    Cheers, Peter

From A Real World Point Of View

I would say that in a modern version that the pilot would be able to install weather radar if he chose to like I know a real pilot friend of mine has in a Super Cub who flies it during all kinds of weather along with a up to date GPS don't know what model of that though. Especially if the Beaver pilot flies a lot in Canada or Alaska. We had a missionary last Sunday from Alaska who has to use snowmobiles to get from village to village in Northern Alaska where in a lot of places there are no roads. ATV's during the summer. Very desolate up there. Weather radar would IMO be most welcome.

Thanks to all for interesting answers. Much appreciated

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 4