Problem with 1.34.16.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with 1.34.16.0

Quite a frustrating update, with all the looping, deleting, etc. Reminded me of updates 2 - 3 years ago. I gave up last night, but went through more download-delete iterations today and finally got it to launch. I'm going to wait on the Content Manager stuff until the dust settles. I suppose 13 wasn't a lucky number for MSFS.

I'm not even sure I'll even notice most of the fixes/updates as they pertain to things I rarely use. Although, I do hope to see some improvements to turbocharged piston engines with the new sim variables for that.

- dcc
    - -

Having read the big thread on the MSFS forum (I cannot comment within it as they lifetime-banned me over a year ago for correctly calling an over-zealous moderator a bully), I will simply give this thought. If you have not opened up your MSFS since before the update, don't. Leave it until they officially come up with the complete and 100% reliable solution. It will save much frustration on your part.

This is a good weekend for going for a walk, watching a movie, spending more time with family, or reading a good book (or in my case as an author, working on my next one!).

There is life outside of MSFS, and this may be a pause for us all to remember that.

Have a good weekend gang!

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Having read the big thread on the MSFS forum (I cannot comment within it as they lifetime-banned me over a year ago for correctly calling an over-zealous moderator a bully), I will simply give this thought. If you have not opened up your MSFS since before the update, don't. Leave it until they officially come up with the complete and 100% reliable solution. It will save much frustration on your part. This is a good weekend for going for a walk, watching a movie, spending more time with family, or reading a good book (or in my case as an author, working on my next one!). There is life outside of MSFS, and this may be a pause for us all to remember that.Have a good weekend gang!- Kenneth
    "Pause" indeed

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I just got mine installed .... all of it!

I've been at it all day long. #%@&**!!

I'd been over to the Official Forum https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ and here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...cussion/610522

None of those suggestions worked!

I remembered that we've had this ".fscontent" folder problem before and I looked up my old post about it. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ght=.fscontent

Go down to the very bottom of the page and click on that picture I posted and do as it says (post # 33) .... delete ALL folders that were created by the install/update process (mine was today 9-29-2023)

It was 95 folders totaling about 45+ Gigabytes of stuff that I had to flush down the toilet! Remember to empty that Recycle Bin or you may not have enough disc space to install the update.

- Don

SOH-CM-2024
    Hey guys, it's the ranter. I need to apologize to Asobo and Microsoft, because they were not the problem causing my CTDs. It was REX AccuSeason Advanced. How many of you have this App installed and are having CTD issues? If you are, it's a simple fix. Go into your Community folder and delete all files that have rexaccuseason on them. Then uninstall the App and delete the REX AccuSeason folder in your C: Drive. Also run a Registry cleaner and rid the Registry of all remnants of REX AccuSeason. This is not to blast the App, it worked fine in the last MDFS Version. But th new Version does not like AccuSeason, REX will have to come up with a fix, because it's a great program. However, if any of you are having CTD issues and have this App, it's your Huckleberry. I reinstalled MSFS and all was great until I installed REX AccuSeason, then I got CTDs again. Removed the files from the Community folder and did all above and my MSFS is doing great. Currently I just installed the Bijon Fall North/Spring South textures from the Marketplace and they're doing great. No CTD in three 30 minute plus flights so far, in fact no issues at all. Sometimes it does good to ditch the crap and do a fresh install. But AccuSeason was my nemesis here, not the Update, although the update was AccuSeason's nemesis.

Cazzie

Jeez, I'm glad to hear that. After all the hassle of building a new rig and then to hit CTDs with the update... Ugh.

Used to use all kinds of REX stuff on P3D. Bought their useless weather app on MSFS and decided to leave them behind.

Bijan was great for seasons, but he's gone AWOL (maybe he's on an island with the Boeing 247 guy, Jimmy Hoffa, and Amelia Earheart?), so I stopped using it out of fear that it was last recompiled about 8 sim updates ago.

At least seasons are coming in FS2024.

I had the thing happen too..It all started off like a normal update - this was at 9:am local time yesterday.
    The install was finally complete at 11:PM last night.
    The primary update installation was jank, with the loading bar going forward -stalling - then unwinding - then progressing again.
    Then the content manager updates were jank - with the 'updates failed to install' messages - loading bars running forward and backward (looping) and on and on.
    I cancelled all and closed MSFS the first attempt - restarted the PC -went to the Xbox site and checked for further app updates, and tried again - same sauce.
    This time I just let it run - left the PC on and found other stuff to do. Eventually the main MSFS update dropped in and the sim opened so I could go to the content manager and try again to get the rest of the SU installed
    Which one is this again ? 13!!? no wonder.
    Anyway - I still had a number of 'failed to install' issues but updated the ones I could - then 'cancelled' the rest and closed MSFS - then restarted the PC and tried again.
    This time I was able to get the remaining packages to install and then I ran a short flight just to make sure it was working - no CTD or other issues yet.

This is the first update since SU3 that gave me trouble. And I mean I checked internet connections and speed, reviewed all of my PC and antivirus settings, but when I checked the main forums it became obvious this wasn't an end user problem.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I too was stalled with the update. Help that worked for me is found in thread 21 posted by Tom Clayton. I followed instructions and all went well. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2023
    Tried to use the close/delete/restart method this morning.

In the Official Folder there was only the OneStore folder and no files or folders to delete.

So it seemed there was nothing to do but to restart the update.

The Hercules decompress completed this time but stuck on another plane.

Repeated the close/delete/restart method a couple of times without success. Will wait for a new solution.

Tried the link by Tom Clayton, msg 21. Now the close/delete/restart message is gone from the OfficialBoard !

BTW How can I run the sim, while I seem trapped to update?

Also, if you fly the Asobo/AH DC-3 & have the Duckworks mod installed, you may get pink cockpit textures.
    A DW fix via .to is being worked on.
    T43

After my last post about starting a thread on the other board, my sim decided to cooperate. Sort of... I had to go through multiple iterations of looping with the Content Manager updates too, but at least now I don't have any more "update available" notices nagging me. Beyond that, not much has changed. I still get random CTD's. Yesterday's last effort was a flight from Asheville to Myrtle Beach that crashed as soon as I started to descend. This was in the DA62 with the "X" mod from the .to site. I've flown that plane successfully hundreds of times, so I have no clue why the sim would have crashed this time. I guess it just comes back to the true meaning of SNAFU...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

You could almost think that this is a move to make people move over to MSFS2024 as fast as possible when it comes out.

No comments from MS/Asobo yet?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

They seem to have gotten their sh . . . um, stuff together now (at least for me). All of my updates today downloaded and installed smoothly. I flew for a few hours this morning (I love Saturdays) without any problems at all.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks for informing us Brian! That will be something for Sunday morning for me!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    After my last post about starting a thread on the other board, my sim decided to cooperate. Sort of... I had to go through multiple iterations of looping with the Content Manager updates too, but at least now I don't have any more "update available" notices nagging me. Beyond that, not much has changed. I still get random CTD's. Yesterday's last effort was a flight from Asheville to Myrtle Beach that crashed as soon as I started to descend. This was in the DA62 with the "X" mod from the .to site. I've flown that plane successfully hundreds of times, so I have no clue why the sim would have crashed this time. I guess it just comes back to the true meaning of SNAFU...
    Tom, I have found that CTDs always lead to some 3rd Party software. Many will uninstall and reinstall MSFS, that is not necessary. Worst comes to worst, simply delete all the contents of your Community folder where 3rd Party Apps are stored, do a test flight with the Community folder clean. If no CTD, then your culprit was in there. My culprit was REX AccuSeason Advanced. The new Update did not like it and CTD'd every flight I took. If you have AccuSeason, that's your huckleberry.

Cazzie

Just installed it, content manager content included. It took me less than 30 minutes. All in all pretty uneventful.

Community folder is empty, will do a test flight later on.

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Did the testflight, no problems whatsoever. Started repopulating my community folder.

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Did my update last night, No problems. Left community folder in place, everything fine, except, a lot of my freeware sceneries won't show as installed. Doesn't matter if they are linked or direct installed in the community folder. They are all recently updated SW USA area sceneries.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

My Community folder is just addon packages - nothing like REX running. The last CTD was in the well-established DA62X twin Diamond performance mod. The vast majority of my flights in that plane are uneventful. A lot of my crashes are usually precipitated by an event - this time it was starting descent into Myrtle Beach. So either is was the start of descent itself, or a coincidence as I flew over something incompatible. I'd have to go over my list of scenery addons, but I don't remember adding anything in that region.

Most of my flights are successful, so I'm willing to attribute the occasional crash to random glitches.

For now...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I just did the same route (KAVL-KMYR) in the TBM with no issues. That plane has one repaint (mine) and a replacement model that reenables the exterior registration without breaking the door animations. (I should test again without that mod just to see if Asobo finally fixed that bug.) So either the CTD when I started my previous descent was a glitch, or SU13 has broken the DA62X mod. My money's on a glitch, since everything else still works in the mod, and what I did had nothing to do with the model. It could be the G1000, but I highly doubt it.

Edit - nope, external reg. still not displaying on stock model...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I just did the same route (KAVL-KMYR) in the TBM with no issues. That plane has one repaint (mine) and a replacement model that reenables the exterior registration without breaking the door animations. (I should test again without that mod just to see if Asobo finally fixed that bug.) So either the CTD when I started my previous descent was a glitch, or SU13 has broken the DA62X mod. My money's on a glitch, since everything else still works in the mod, and what I did had nothing to do with the model. It could be the G1000, but I highly doubt it.

Edit - nope, external reg. still not displaying on stock model...
    Where did you find that replacement model for the exterior registration?
    --Brian

I found a link to a post on the Avsim forum. I think I may have posted it here before, but it's here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnxhp14ztz...20fix.zip?dl=0
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Much appreciated. Flying a plane without the numbers feels like driving a car without a license plate.
    --Brian

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Did my update last night, No problems. Left community folder in place, everything fine, except, a lot of my freeware sceneries won't show as installed. Doesn't matter if they are linked or direct installed in the community folder. They are all recently updated SW USA area sceneries.
    Found after many hours and attemps that I had to move all the sceneries to another folder on my HDD, then extract to my community folder. then restart the sim each time I reinstalled approximately 20 sceneries. Linking them did not work. Sceneries in other parts of the country loaded fine.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 1