Bronco
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronco

Native or port over? Looks great.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Looks very nice, thanks for the heads up Spook

It is native, Manfred. Uses nice WWise Sound based on Beech 350 Kingair. Big fun to fly.

Aribaba_Bronco by TiAr, auf Flickr

Aribaba_Bronco1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

SOH-CM-2024
    Downloaded and extracted to my Community folder in less than a minute! Now, if it were not for two cats, a dog, a son, and a wife to feed, I'd be flying it! I ate at 6:00, I was up at 4:15. I'm old, I go to bed at 9:00 and get up early because I love to look at all of heaven. I have been an amateur astronomer since I was 10 years old. I want my spirit to know its way around when I leave earthly bounds.

Cazzie

This is a four shot composite I shot on the night of 8-5-23 at exactly 5:30 AM EDT. I say exactly because the moons Io and Callisto would be in different locations minutes later. I used my Celestron C-8 telescope and my Nikon D5500 DSLR. All images are shot in a manual mode and the ISO set to where the camera shoots at 1/60-second. I raise the mirror and use the screen to adjust focus and set the shutter on Auto to reduce shake. The four images are merged in Microsoft ICE Image Composite Editor. The resulting single image is then edited in Photoshop.

Attachment 91802

The trailer looks like payware quality. I'm currently on my former flightsim laptop at work on a private IT-only network. (My job has its advantages...) I've pulled a copy to this rig just so that I can poke around the files. I've always loved the Bronco, so this looks like it'll be a keeper!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Here's to hoping that people will be releasing repaints for this one!

Like so many others, I LOVE the Bronco!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Downloaded and extracted to my Community folder in less than a minute! Now, if it were not for two cats, a dog, a son, and a wife to feed, I'd be flying it! I ate at 6:00, I was up at 4:15. I'm old, I go to bed at 9:00 and get up early because I love to look at all of heaven. I have been an amateur astronomer since I was 10 years old. I want my spirit to know its way around when I leave earthly bounds.CazzieThis is a four shot composite I shot on the night of 8-5-23 at exactly 5:30 AM EDT. I say exactly because the moons Io and Callisto would be in different locations minutes later. I used my Celestron C-8 telescope and my Nikon D5500 DSLR. All images are shot in a manual mode and the ISO set to where the camera shoots at 1/60-second. I raise the mirror and use the screen to adjust focus and set the shutter on Auto to reduce shake. The four images are merged in Microsoft ICE Image Composite Editor. The resulting single image is then edited in Photoshop. Attachment 91802
    As a very experienced planetary imager, I would say that is a very remarkable image for a Celestron 8. - d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    As a very experienced planetary imager, I would say that is a very remarkable image for a Celestron 8. - d
    New oculars I got last year, I've had the scope since 1983. I used a 9-mm ocular and my Nikon D5500 DSLR with a tele extender four images were taken (described above),

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The trailer looks like payware quality.
    Second that. Even the pilots appearance and movements - so many details where many payware developer stop creating reality... that's truly great work.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I submitted a livery request for this.... NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2101990143-3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	91805

It's a nice model, not totally up to the older Aerosoft OV-10 level but still very good. My first concern was the sound file as so far no OV-10 model I ever heard sounded like the old 3 blade Garrett engines. However, the Super King Air stock sound files on this model are plenty buzzy sounding. I do have my own constructed OV-10 files somewhere around here which I may pull up and adapt for this model and hope they sound reasonably good for their age.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grabbed it last night. Now I have to build the model I have of one!

Don BP

I'm hearing no autopilot, so this one may be relegated to Grand Canyon fun runs. I just wish the author had one of those 'buy me a coffee' links - he'd get a cup from me!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The plane is certainly fun! It's a bit twitchy to me, but maybe it's just me. Most of the switches have their mouse indicators backward, but the only real issue I found is that the condition levers control the wrong engines. It took me a while to figure that one out before I could get the engines to fire. I can't complain because I certainly got more than my money's worth!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

For those of us who would like the gunsight, there is one: you just have to hover with the mouse on the panel with switches at the top of the windshield, you'll get a tip or indicator to show the gunsight. It's inop, but it's a gunsight!

But this thing is crying out loud for new textures!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Priller - Agree completely on the call for textures (USAFE Euro One, 90s USMC green, etc.)...I don't believe there is a pint kit yet, however. Also, remember AzurPoly (BD-5J, Fouga, C-160, Epsilon) is also hard at work on a payware OV-10A as I write this. The preview shots on discord look stunning!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    But this thing is crying out loud for new textures!!

Priller
    There's a base texture folder, but no layered kit that I see.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The plane is certainly fun! It's a bit twitchy to me, but maybe it's just me. Most of the switches have their mouse indicators backward, but the only real issue I found is that the condition levers control the wrong engines. It took me a while to figure that one out before I could get the engines to fire. I can't complain because I certainly got more than my money's worth!
    I agree Tom. Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice freeware model with great potential. However, the old Aerosoft FSX model is the standard by which all OV-10s will be judged.
    Cheers,
    Dave

This will tide me over until the AzurPoly Bronco. I am hoping that one brings back the feeling of the incredible Bronco X.

Crispy136 did a nice CalFire repaint. Available at flightsim.com https://www.flightsim.com/files/file...onco-cal-fire/

Unbenannt-7 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Ariebaba_Bronco2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

I think the Ariebaba model is very nice. I am working on Sembach based european 1 scheme.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    I am working on Sembach based european 1 scheme.

Thomas
    THANK YOU! That is the scheme I want the most...USAFE in the 80's, baby...I love this model...however, I also plan to purchase the AzurPoly payware on Day One (have and enjoy their Fouga, BD-5J and Transall). I LOVE the OV-10s...and would welcome varied repaints from all US and foreign users....Plus it is a PREFECT tactical airplane to enjoy the wonderful MSFS scenery with.

Kent

Kent, the Ariebaba model is not easy to repaint. First try of a european 1 scheme after one hour work. We will see.

Ariebaba_Bronco_USAF by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    First try of a european 1 scheme after one hour work. We will see.

Thomas
    Looks like you are off to a GREAT start!

Kent

That looks yummy already Thomas!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard