OT: Really Weird nVidia Audio Issue

Thread: OT: Really Weird nVidia Audio Issue

OT: Really Weird nVidia Audio Issue

I only bring this up here as, for the life of me, I cannot get the web to really understand the details of my problem, so I thought I'd ask this fine community!

I have an nVidia graphics card that feeds both video & audio to a large TV (serving as my monitor) via HDMI. It has worked just fine for over a year.

Then suddenly, a few months ago, I started having no audio at startup. The PC believes there is audio. I fire up media player and start it playing. Then, five to ten minutes later, the audio fades up and I'm fine from that point forward. It's positively weird, especially the 'fade up' instead of it just popping on. I should point out that it's not a Media Player thing. It's across the board. Media Player is just a convenient way for me to know when I finally have audio.

nVidia updates so frequently, I think it was after a driver update, but I'm leerly of rolling back drivers (not sure I even have the option). I've been hoping that a new update would fix the problem, but there have been many since and the problem remains.

The TV's audio settings are remarkably basic and I didn't change them. Maybe I hit something accidentally, but the settings are so simple, I can't see anything I could change. I've changed the HDMI port to no effect.

Whenever I try to search for a solution, the web just sees it as 'no audio from nVidia card', and the solutions for such a clear cut issue have not helped me.

Any input welcome

I would try drivers if you can. If you are worried about rolling back drivers you could create a system restore point right before you do it, so you can go back that way if all else fails.

Does sound like a driver issue, I would do as Dan said, least you can then rule that out if you still get the problem!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

The delay, and then fade up points at an audio amplifier hardware problem.

The TV has working audio without the computer? Have you tried a different HDMI port?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I have tried a different HDMI port. I'll have to figure out a way to test its audio otherwise as I'm nowhere near any other audio/video sources I could connect to.

Thanks all for the input!

It doesn't work as a freestanding TV?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I'm guessing it would if I had the capacity to run a cable or antenna to it. Never even bother with that part of the manual! I'll look into it. But just to be clear, you're thinking it's on the TV side and not the sound card? I have some ideas on how to test this. Thanks for the lead.

Members who have read this thread: 0