C-131_VC_Update

Thread: C-131_VC_Update

C-131_VC_Update

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Panels

Description: I did not spend a lot of time researching the exact avionics, colors, types of switches or locations of various items in the VC. What I did do is replace the blurry textures with ones that have better resolution. I personally like seeing things that I can tell what they are and not have to guess. So this is my reworking of the VC in question. If you decide to keep it, I hope you like what I've done. . . .if the lack of authenticity kills the immersion factor for you, it won't hurt my feelings if you drop it in the trash can.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit C-131_VC_Update
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Very nice work; thanks!

Really a much needed big improvement Ed. Thanks for doing this.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

How do you do this?

Hi

How did you improve the textures? Did you manually draw everything again after extending the texture?
    Regards

Dan
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    Hi

How did you improve the textures? Did you manually draw everything again after extending the texture?
    Regards

Dan
    I initially up the texture size to 4096x4096, then from there some things are redrawn but much of what I did was done using a vast library of textures I've gathered over the years like the soundproofing, the ducting that runs along the floor on both sides, the sherpa seat textures and so on. I also researched the cockpit for the CV-340 to see if I could find avionics, gauges and so on that are better resolution to replace things that are too blurry on the overhead panel.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I initially up the texture size to 4096x4096, then from there some things are redrawn but much of what I did was done using a vast library of textures I've gathered over the years like the soundproofing, the ducting that runs along the floor on both sides, the sherpa seat textures and so on. I also researched the cockpit for the CV-340 to see if I could find avionics, gauges and so on that are better resolution to replace things that are too blurry on the overhead panel.
    Ah I see, that's smart to get it done easier. Unfortunately I don't have a library of textures with a sort of index to find things quickly. But still hard work as I know from my trials.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Dan
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Huge improvement. Much appreciated. Thanks Ed.

Members who have read this thread: 3