ATC Voices

Thread: ATC Voices

ATC Voices

Today's problem with MSFS is that I no longer hear ATC voices. I get the text, but no sound. Any suggestions please?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    I believe there is an ATC voice selection in the General Settings under Sound. You amy want to make sure it is on.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Today's problem with MSFS is that I no longer hear ATC voices. I get the text, but no sound. Any suggestions please?
    There are multiple bug reports on the official forums about this; I've submitted one myself. Some people say tuning Com2 brings the voices back, but it doesn't work for many people including me.

Thanks. I've tried that, and I've checked the radio volume is 100%. is it a recent thing, or just an "improvement" messing something up?

Thanks. I've tried that, and I've checked the radio volume is 100%. is it a recent thing, or just an "improvement" messing something up?
    Unfortunately it's been a known bug for a couple of years now, Zendesk say they can't reproduce it at their end.

Strewth! Thank goodness for FSX.

Well I am one of those where it usually works to switch to COM2 to get ATC voices back.
    Usually ... not always.
    Today however I noticed something in the DA62 I was flying. It looked as if the COM1 MIC selector was stuck in the ON position even when going to COM2.
    I had to click back and forth a couple times on the G1000 audio selector.
    And when it finally cleared that COM1 MIC ATC could be heard again on COM2.

Cheers
    Sunny

Thank you. I have tried switching coms with no luck and even on the most basic Cub with no actual radio panel it still happens.

So will the ATC ever come back as mysteriously as it vanished or is that it?

So will the ATC ever come back as mysteriously as it vanished or is that it?
    In my experience, that's it until I start a new flight.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    In my experience, that's it until I start a new flight.
    Thanks, but that doesn't help. Neither does changing aircraft, closing and reloading MSFS or restarting the PC.

Thanks, but that doesn't help. Neither does changing aircraft, closing and reloading MSFS or restarting the PC.
    I've got into the habit of checking my internet speed online with https://www.speedtest.net/ before launching MSFS. My broadband package is 65mb, and I've found that if my bandwidth drops below 60mb then the Azure ATC link will drop out at some point during the flight. If the speedtest.net result is below 65mb I re-boot the router to (hopefully) restore full bandwidth before launching the sim.

I finally tried lowering my FSLTL AI traffic settings (which can be done on the fly via the menu bar in the sim) and this has cured the issue for me 100% - so far!
    I'm currently flying the ATR42/72 IFR into and out of European International and Regional airports and even with the lowered settings it gets pretty hectic at times.

My settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSLTL.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	91797
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSLTL.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2