Aircraft not showing in menu

Thread: Aircraft not showing in menu

SOH-CM-2018

Aircraft not showing in menu

Hi it is me again.

I have been having a problem with an aircraft not showing in menu. (not really related to my other post).

Bear with me please.

I have two machines one for my winter home and one for my summer.

The aircraft in question is a DC-3 repaint. It is not a livery, it is an entire aircraft Retrofitted with a modern GPS.

Here is what I don't understand: The aircraft is placed in the community folders in both machines. It shows up in the menu on the one, but not on the other!

This is where it gets weird: it shows up in the menu on the machine where the Kwikflight Spirit shows up. It does not show up in the menu on the machine where the Kwikflight Spirit does not show up. See my other recent post.

I have never encountered anything like this before.

So two questions:

1. Anybody have any idea about what may be going on?

2. Would I be better of just installing the problem DC-3 as a livery? If I do that I would have to redo the originals json and manifest files which have been giving me heartburn lately.

Any advice is ppreciated. Thanks,

Joe

Do you have a duplicate Community folder by any chance? Maybe one that's used by an Addons Linker for example, instead of the actual Community folder.

I think it is because it is a complete aircraft. So I'm guessing that part of that new aircraft you created comes out of the official folder (not the community folder) of the first machine.

Thing is, files that are located in the official folder are part encrypted. I'm guessing that the aircraft that doesn't show up contains files that are encrypted on the other machine. And so, they're illegible on the second machine.

If you have the DC-3 on the second machine as well, just swap those files by the ones in the official folder of the second machine.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I think it is because it is a complete aircraft. So I'm guessing that part of that new aircraft you created comes out of the official folder (not the community folder) of the first machine.
    Hi Priller,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that I misspoke. (I have been messing with this for the past two days).
    It was just a repaint with the subsequent manifest and layout jsons, including the jsons in the texture folder.

It appears as a livery under DC 3 on my new machine.

It does not appear on my old machine even though it is in the community folder.

What I am going to do as a test (since the texture is based off Don_fannucci's Beach city baby repaint), I will just replace my textures in his texture folder and see what happens. That should not mess with the json files as the texture names are the same.

On a side note your avatar looks familiar. What movie does it come from? Although this is just a guess, is it from the Bridges at Toko Ri?

Thanks again,
    Joe

SOH-CM-2018
    2ND ROUND!!!!!!

I have just completed my test!
    Here is the situation:
    1. I replaced the textures in Beach City Baby with my textures of Jungle Skippers X9A.
    2. Started MSFS and went to the world map and selected DC-3, Livery Beach City Baby.
    3. In the game, just as I suspected, the Beach City Baby shows in my Jungle Skippers X9A paint job.

That was the expected outcome.

I suspect that something is wrong in my manifest and layout json files. But that doesn't explain why it shows up on the new machine as an X9A livery without problem.

But the exact same folder doesn't show in the menu on the older machine.

Still shaking my head.

I guess i will change the file names in the Beach City Baby folder to match my folder structure in my Jungle Skippers.

Tedious I know but it may work.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfabio View Post
    2ND ROUND!!!!!!
    Still shaking my head.

I guess i will change the file names in the Beach City Baby folder to match my folder structure in my Jungle Skippers.

Tedious I know but it may work.
    Well That worked for me. My apologies to Don_Fanuuci for using his aircraft as a template.

Joe

SOH-CM-2018
    This problem is also solved vis-a-vis the Kwikflight Spirit: In messing with the community foler (test folder, original folder) I deleted folders that would not restore from recycle bin.

So I recreated my community folder from an archive I keep. I didn't do it completely, but a few at first. Then I redownloaded and installed the Spirit with the free air force liveries.

I checked to see if it was in the community folder correctly and then started the game to see if it was in the aircraft menu, and it was. All good!

Repopulated the community folder and still all good!

Joe

Members who have read this thread: 0