Bell 222/230 released

Thread: Bell 222/230 released

Blog Entries

Bell 222/230 released

Version 3 of my Bell 222 for FSX and P3DV4-6 has been released. Also includes the Bell 222SP, 222UT and 230. Will be on Avsim and Simviation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	363413194_847793256864261_5939574077005508530_n.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	686.7 KB 
ID:	91523

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Time to step away from naval flying and brush off my heli-skills!

Cees

Thanks for the new helo's; they all look great in P3D V5.4 however, for me, they don't seem to want to ground taxi very well. I have to really tweak the throttle and stick in order to gain some
    forward taxi speed. I don't have any issue like I mentioned when I use other stock helos. It's almost like the tires were flat, with taxi rolling resistance. If I add a slight touch of throttle and the stick
    in full forward position, the helo will not taxi, If I add more throttle then it will lift and fly.

Your Bell 222/230 seem to lift off the terra firma with great speed and alacrity when I use just a tad of the throttle. When landing there is some forward inertia which I can try to use as ground taxi movement.
    Other helos in my sim seem like the blackhawk etc will ground taxi with ease.

Just my observations.

Last edited by gray eagle; August 6th, 2023 at 07:17.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Gray Eagle.

In FSX Steam the helo is completely unflyable. From my stick input only the throttle and the rudder pedals are controllable.
    The sideway and forward-backward movements seem to be jammed. In VC mode you can see the controls only wildly jittering.

Such a shame as this is optically and sound wise a great improvement on the previous model.

Regards, Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Gray Eagle.

In FSX Steam the helo is completely unflyable. From my stick input only the throttle and the rudder pedals are controllable.
    The sideway and forward-backward movements seem to be jammed. In VC mode you can see the controls only wildly jittering.

Such a shame as this is optically and sound wise a great improvement on the previous model.

Regards, Stuart
    I found you have to switch on the hydraulics and some other switches after clicking ready for flight on the config manager. She flies just fine.

Okay,,,, after pressing shift + 2, the config screen came up. I still do not see any hydraulic switch and it still does not ground taxi. (P3D 5.4)
    The readme.pdf doesn't cover any startup info much less the SHIFT +2 trick that shows the config screen, had to find that the hard way (pushing keys and hoping for positive results).

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    I found you have to switch on the hydraulics and some other switches after clicking ready for flight on the config manager. She flies just fine.
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 7th, 2023 at 07:11.

After fumbling around with the switches in the overhead panel, I find that there were some dark areas at the bottom of the panel that would illuminate (activate) some items one of which
    was the hydraulic that was mentioned. It now taxis ok. Sure would of been nice it that info was included in the readme, instead of having to hunt and dig the hard way.

Note: Those illuminated areas where the red circles are were originally dark and my cursor clicked on those dark areas and then they illuminated ergo, the hydraulics came on.

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for not including any documentation on starting the bird. I created a video on how to do it in P3DV5 using cold and dark state, but also applies using the model(s) in the other platforms. There is an issue with one generator not working using the cold and dark method and I'll work on a fix.

https://youtu.be/buSxNUqe0rc

Blog Entries
    Here are the saved cold and dark files, place in your My Documents/Flight Simulator X files folder. Also works in P3DV4-6, place in your My Documents/Prepar3D vN Files folder

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1ib9p...ruudsm1i8&dl=0

After downloading, unzipping and installing (pretty straight forward), what I get when selecting any of the Heli's is the error that the "visual model" cannot be displayed.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    After downloading, unzipping and installing (pretty straight forward), what I get when selecting any of the Heli's is the error that the "visual model" cannot be displayed.
    Hi Ed,

There are 2 separate releases, one for FSX and the other for P3DV4-6. Filenames end with a prefix for each sim "ADERSB222V3X (FSX) and ADERSB222V3P (P3D)

Hi George,

I like this Bell 222/230 series and having fun flying it. I managed to create a xml file and placed all the helo files in my P3D V5 addon foder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Eurostar Bell 222</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Bell 222</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EFFECTS</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Rotorcraft</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

At first it did not work till I changed the path at the bottom to read from aircraft to Rotorcraft and she works great.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Here are the saved cold and dark files, place in your My Documents/Flight Simulator X files folder. Also works in P3DV4-6, place in your My Documents/Prepar3D vN Files folder

Out of curiosity, where is the airport location for these saved cold and dark file?

Also, noticed that on startup and shut down, (P3DV5) when the main rotor blade is slowing spinning, the tail rotor will do a half spin clock wise then half spin counter clock till the main rotor
    is at full idle then the tail rotor makes up its mine on which direction to spin. Just an observation. Also on shut down, I find that I can slow down the main rotor faster if I throttle
    up and slowly down, (same technique I used back in the FSX days).
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not including any documentation on starting the bird. I created a video on how to do it in P3DV5 using cold and dark state, but also applies using the model(s) in the other platforms. There is an issue with one generator not working using the cold and dark method and I'll work on a fix.

https://youtu.be/buSxNUqe0rc
    Nice to know, that model happened to be the one I test flew in P3Dv5.3 after checking the others, just flew around with the GEN 1 caution. Nicely done as usual with these and found a few 'Tube IRL vids (B430, but close).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Throttle controls

The left/right throttles seem to be ganged together
    for both forward and aft movement however, when I place my cursor on either the #1 or #2 throttle I can not seem to make them move independently.

When I put my mouse cursor over either one of the throttles the arrow changes to a hand which suggest some movement is possible but nothing happens. Are they suppose to move forward
    independently of each other? Also, what is the procedure to shut down the helo? I looked at the video and it did look like the red/while throttles were moving separately.

Thanks
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 7th, 2023 at 13:31.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The left/right throttles seem to be ganged together
    for both forward and aft movement however, when I place my cursor on either the #1 or #2 throttle I can not seem to make them move independently.

When I put my mouse cursor over either one of the throttles the arrow changes to a hand which suggest some movement is possible but nothing happens. Are they suppose to move forward
    independently of each other? Also, what is the procedure to shut down the helo? I looked at the video and it did look like the red/while throttles were moving separately.

Thanks
    Mouse wheel controls throttle movement on this model and are separate from one another

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Out of curiosity, where is the airport location for these saved cold and dark file?

Also, noticed that on startup and shut down, (P3DV5) when the main rotor blade is slowing spinning, the tail rotor will do a half spin clock wise then half spin counter clock till the main rotor
    is at full idle then the tail rotor makes up its mine on which direction to spin. Just an observation. Also on shut down, I find that I can slow down the main rotor faster if I throttle
    up and slowly down, (same technique I used back in the FSX days).
    Thanks
    Montreal Canada and Rand Airport South Africa. I'll look into the tail rotor issue and other issues for a service pack.

Hi Ed,

There are 2 separate releases, one for FSX and the other for P3DV4-6. Filenames end with a prefix for each sim "ADERSB222V3X (FSX) and ADERSB222V3P (P3D)
    Yep, too much on my mind right now and just grabbed the first one that popped up. Thanks for that and for all the work you put into these models.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

George,

i like it a lot! Great heli, fun to fly!

Thanks man, I know how much time you must have invested in this one!

Chapeau!

Cees

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0