Hawker Tempest

Thread: Hawker Tempest

Hawker Tempest

Does anybody know if there is a paintkit for the Hanvey/Barry Tempests available. I want to paint their Tempest II in the colours of PR553/5R-V which has been undergoing restoration and, hopefully, will be taking to the air shortly. I'm trying to put one together myself, but it's proving to be a trial so if anybody has a shortcut ......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	189877.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	91496
    Andy

Still struggling with repainting this beauty but, now that she has taken flight, the pressure is on!!

Andy

Im just about out the door and heading for the Duxford Autumn flying day, She's tuck'd away in one of the Hangers but i'll see if i can get some good piccies

Andy,
    Morton did a conversion for CFS2 (mk_Hawker-TempestIIx3.zip) of the Hanvey / Barry Tempest II (temp2a.zip). Morton’s file contains three repaints including a natural metal one. Or perhaps Morton has a paint kit for his version, albeit probably a CFS2 kit.

My notes suggest that the repaints will also work in FS9,
    Ro

I've got those repaints, works of art. I'm attempting, and failing, to use Morton's natural metal skin as a base but I'm just not happy with the results I've achieved so far. Morton, for whatever reason, hasn't posted here for a couple of years so I don't think there is any help from that quarter, sadly.

Enjoy your day Ian. I'm not jealous, not one bit!!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I've got those repaints, works of art. I'm attempting, and failing, to use Morton's natural metal skin as a base but I'm just not happy with the results I've achieved so far. Morton, for whatever reason, hasn't posted here for a couple of years so I don't think there is any help from that quarter, sadly.

Enjoy your day Ian. I'm not jealous, not one bit!!
    I think Morton just moved on, but I think some people in the CFS2 forum might still have some contact with him. But Morton didn't create a paintkit for his models, he converted existing textures by others (mainly from IL2) into the format required for the CFS2/FS2004 models. So don't think he can really help you in this.

Cheers,
    Huub

Got to say, she's impressive close up, well done to Dux for bringing her into the sunshine, if you ever figure the painting, put me down for a download Few more pics in News-hawks, if interested
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010847.jpg   P1010849.jpg  

Ive got to say, its not shiny or metallic, its actually quite matt in finish when view'd close up, Morton's repaint got it pretty close IMO, the sunshine makes it more dramatic

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Ive got to say, its not shiny or metallic, its actually quite matt in finish when view'd close up, Morton's repaint got it pretty close IMO, the sunshine makes it more dramatic

cheers ian
    official shade is RAF high speed silver

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0