Just Flight Fokker F.28

Thread: Just Flight Fokker F.28

Just Flight Fokker F.28

Old school jet flying that's what Just Flight puts on the table for dinner coming Wednesday the 12th of July 2023 with the release of their newest in house developed baby the Fokker F.28 Fellowship ( it may just have been that, during development, Fokkers' lead designer just finished "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R.Tolkien for the first time and got inspired..). With it's first flight on the 9th of May 1967 it features an absolutely gorgeous analog cockpit that, like the external model, has been meticulously recreated by the JF team.

Ok, it's not exactly a hamburger and french fries dinner JF is presenting here, it's gourmet or haute cuisine if you like all the way down to the digestif. Another way of saying it might be 'it reeks of PMDG quality' although i take a chance here because i can only come to this conclusion by watching the 100 minutes 'Pre Release Preview' stream by twotonemurphy.

Jetliners are not really my cup of tea when it comes to Flight Simulation, as i suppose is the case with most simmers here, but all thru watching this preview video i kept on being impressed by the sheer quality of this JF F-28 model to such extent that i had to pick up both my jaw and socks from the floor afterwards.

So this baby doesn't come cheap, far from it, but if just about *anything* in this F-28 cockpit makes its own individual sound (and that goes for the external as well !) i'm already looking for my creditcard. I mean if a developer goes all the way and even further on something like that i'll expect him to go all the way on the whole package. If. like me, you belong to the 'Sound is as much important in a simulation as the visual aspect' camp than take a look at this video :

https://youtu.be/0lebMuuXJKw

If that got you interested twotonemurphy's F-28 Preview is here : https://youtu.be/PwznCqPHV-w (particularly also check out the cockpit lightning! Definately something like never seen before in MSFS! )

Just because of Murphy's video I have booked a table at that JF gourmet dinner next week and i am sure it will be a delight !

Still interested ?? Here's Just Flight's official F.28 webpage : https://www.justflight.com/in-develo...8-professional ( i have nothing whatsoever to do with Just Flight, i just love what i see and hear in these F.28 videos !)

As you might've guessed i, for one, am very much looking forward to this gourmet dinner. To fully enjoy it i will be strickly on a weed and nettles diet from now on !

Cheers,
    Jan

wow, this is very beautiful
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Blog Entries
    Like you Jan, I am not a jetliner guy. But this one is tempting. I could see a cargo livery and flying into a podunk airfield with this one. I will look into this further. Of course, I have invested in PMDG's DC-6 which I have flown exactally twice. Still, this looks nice.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Also….be aware that JF has made the manuals available for early download/review on the F28 Development webpage. This will be a day one purchase for me.

Now if they would only give the same level of treatment to the F27 (including the option to fit external tanks), I’d be in complete, ear-splitting (thanks RR Darts!) Fokker heaven.

Can’t wait for release. Should be fun.

Kent

Say, that's a nice looking little Fokker. How fast does it go?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I am going for this one definitely.
    I was already watching this when it was announced for p3d.

Members who have read this thread: 0