Anyone have the v22?

Thread: Anyone have the v22?

Anyone have the v22?

I see the marketplace v22 is on sale. Has anyone got it? I need to know if it has a simple startup (2 or 3 buttons). I had issue getting the p3d running with its startup procedure.

I have it , I start out on the runway with engines running . If I start out in a parking spot , I have to go through the starting procedure which is pretty simple anyway . Hope this helps

Bill

I have it and have the same reply as "flewpastu". With practice it is really fun to fly.

Right now there is no Ready State button for starting on the ramp but the startup is actually fairly easy as noted here. You can also just start the flight on the runway and everything will be ready to go. Be sure to map your Cowl Flaps 4 to buttons so you can change the angle of the nacelles. Here is the best video for a quick start guide from the ramp C&D startup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNS2kYpZx_c&t=3s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In my opinion, this model is one of the best detailed models you can add to the sim. It was great when it was freeware, and even better now! NC

Navy Chief , I added alot more detail to the entire aircraft. Placards and panels and such. I used PSD6 so they look pretty good but doing a normal sheet to really make the panels pop are out of my experience . Ive tried but just cant seem to get the norm file to show up. But I think it looks pretty good. If you like,I can upload the repaint here . Im also working on the Marine model too to add more dirt and details that I think make the model look mush more realistic . IMHO

- - - Updated - - -

and some more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter 596.jpg   ScreenHunter 595.jpg   ScreenHunter 593.jpg   ScreenHunter 592.jpg   ScreenHunter 594.jpg   ScreenHunter 591.jpg  

ScreenHunter 590.jpg  

Im also working on the Navy paint too, just looks very plain . Adding some of these little details make the aircraft look so much better . Again , my opinion only . Let me know what you think ? positive or negative feedback is appreciated .

Bill

Here are some of the Marine pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter 602.jpg   ScreenHunter 601.jpg   ScreenHunter 600.jpg   ScreenHunter 599.jpg   ScreenHunter 598.jpg   ScreenHunter 597.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Here are some of the Marine pics
    Any and all improvements to the paints is ALWAYS a good thing, thanks!! NC

Those repaints look fantastic. Let us know when you upload them.

Icon14

10-4, try and get them up today ,if not it will be later next week. stupid work schedule

Bill, awesome work! Looking forward to adding them to the model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hopefully one of you can help me solve this. I know how to start the Osprey from a cold & dark condition; no problem. Have done it enough that it takes me no time to get airborne.However, as soon as I throttle up enough for the aircraft to lift off the ground, a very LOUD, continuous tone begin sounding that does not quit until the aircraft main mounts touch the ground again, and I reduce throttle settings. I am not seeing any warning lights lit up, nor any cautions whatsoever. I figure it is something easy to spot, which is probably why I am missing this. Help! NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; July 8th, 2023 at 15:40.

Problem solved. The sound was caused by a incorrect setting for my sound system.

I uploaded the USAF and VMM 166 repaints . Just unzip and drop into the community folder . I forgot to add that to those intructions to the uploaded files . If there isnt something right , just let me know . Im no pro at this so I hope you guys and gals enjoy these repaints . Hopefully more to come in the Navy and USCG as far as these details that I have added and I wont forget our friends in Europe (UK) Ill do HM repaints also with details . I am gonna tackle a USMC camo paint scheme Woodland and desert but I only use PS6 so I have no idea how long that will take me . I uploaded them under FS2020 Repaints Post Cold War catagory , So now we wait for admin to approve . Enjoy

Bill

So there is an issue with the usaf repaint. it only works when combined with full payware package and it has to be installed within the actual package ? not sure why . I purchased the payware repaint package from ORBX and those dont work outside of the complete osprey package . I commented on the militech forum and they replied that this wont be fixed until the payware repaints are available on the MSFS Marketplace . Dont understand why but Until then I guess standalone repaints of the CV and CVM models wont show with the additional models . Kinda sucks and I dont understand thier reasoning . So Ill have to wait until they fix these and Im not sure how to fix this either .

Bill
    P.S. any suggestions from the Guru's here would be helpful on how to fix this

Members who have read this thread: 3