Landing and take-off issues

Thread: Landing and take-off issues

Landing and take-off issues

Hello,

I have an issue woth my take-offs and landings on an aircraft carrier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d'écran 2023-07-05 16.36.45.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	91238

As you can see of the attached image (taken from Airport Design Editor), runway 27C is the take-off runway with all taxiways leading from the parkings to the hold-short node whereas runway 27 is the landinng runway with the taxiways leading from the hold-short node to the parkings.

Thus I've declared runway 27C CLOSED for landings and runway 27 CLOSED for take-offs with Airport Design Editor. Ruinways 9 and 9C are closed for both take-offs and landings.

Now what happens is that aicraft (from my home-made AI Traffic) take-off from runway 27 even though it is closed for take-offs and also, aircraft land on runway 27C even though it is closed for landings.

Does anyone has any idea as to why this happens and is it possible to fix it ?

Thank yopu so much for your kind cooperation and help.

Cordially Yours,
    Pierre-NC.

What Is This

Is your aircraft carrier a static model scenery airport NOT a moving ai carrier ship? What program are you using it in?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Is your aircraft carrier a static model scenery airport NOT a moving ai carrier ship? What program are you using it in?
    I don't know the size of your parking spots, but that is an unrealistic flight deck loading for a carrier - too many topside, even at the end of the day

Confused About This

What are you trying to create? Is this for FS9 which has no moving aircraft carriers? AND what aircraft carrier is it supposed to represent? Or if for FSX or P3D...I'm confused.

Yes ths is a statice aircraft carrier that I use for AI aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    I don't know the size of your parking spots, but that is an unrealistic flight deck loading for a carrier - too many topside, even at the end of the day
    To be able to land my AI Aircratf, I doubled the size of the original carrier

What are you trying to create? Is this for FS9 which has no moving aircraft carriers? AND what aircraft carrier is it supposed to represent? Or if for FSX or P3D...I'm confused.
    This carrier is the USS Forrestal that I use in FSX as a static scenery for my AI warbirds to land and take off, I have a few other ones like her iin my FSX.

Pierre, just looking over the MAIW carrier ops I have in P3D(FSX as well), the single runway 8/26 is set to T/O and Land on primary (rwy 8). It's 750ft x 1ft. Also, the designer only put a few parking spots on the default Nimitz scenery object so the AI jets didn't fall off the deck while taxiing.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Pierre, just looking over the MAIW carrier ops I have in P3D(FSX as well), the single runway 8/26 is set to T/O and Land on primary (rwy 8). It's 750ft x 1ft. Also, the designer only put a few parking spots on the default Nimitz scenery object so the AI jets didn't fall off the deck while taxiing.
    Well I have a PLANKS apron all over the deck to prevent my aircraft from falling, you can see it on the pic.

The reason I made 2 runways is because of FSX's too short delay of 10 minutes allowed to planes waiting to takečoff while others are landing., delay after which the planes just vanished and I hate to lose my planes like that.

As for the issue I'm bringing up on this thread, I never had it on land airports Each plane takes off from and lands on the correct runways as per designed in ADE.I don't think that the airport being on a carrier is the cause of this issue though, vecause ADE makes no difference that I'm designing an airport on land or on an aicraft carrier.. To ADE, it's just an airport therefore I don't understand why the planes aren't working properely according to the airport design. If I declare a runway close for take-off in ADE, then the plane should not take-off from that runway and that's it. Same with a runway that is closed for landing.

So what is happening there ? I wish I knew and I hope that this is not some kind of a bug in FSX for some unknown reason aqd that is why I'm asking for help.

Thank you so much for your kind answer.

Pierre_NC.

Members who have read this thread: 0