Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Trailer - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    On the one hand I would love to jump into MSFS2020 tomorrow and get my feet wet as soon as possible. On the other hand, I fear this may add some unnecessary 'issues' when upgrading to 2024. From my past experience, an upgrade path is not always the cleanest (had issues upgrading W7 to W10 on my laptop), and I fear the best way of minimizing issues with MSFS2024 is to simply install it clean on a clean, dedicated drive, without any remnants of 2020 left behind. Knowing the extra time and expense involved in installing 2020 at this point, then wiping the drive clean and installing 2024 and all compatible 2020 addons (I may have picked up in the next several months) back into it, makes me almost want to sit on the sidelines and wait until next year when 2024 finally comes out. Essentially, it seems, 2024 will be a new sim and MS will not offer 2020 users any incentives to upgrade to it. I just wonder if my patience will hold out long enough, lol !
    This comment (mine), as almost everyone else's to this point, is speculation. I believe from what they are saying, this is a stand-alone sim. It is not meant to piggyback off of your 2020 install. If that holds at release, and to avoid a conflict, you can always put it on its own drive and go from there, much as 2020 can be installed anywhere inside one's case. Just a thought. This is why I continue to, like a broken record, tell people when asked about building / buying a new computer is : always, always, always build it for tomorrow, NOT for today.

Don BP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    This comment (mine), as almost everyone else's to this point, is speculation. I believe from what they are saying, this is a stand-alone sim. It is not meant to piggyback off of your 2020 install. If that holds at release, and to avoid a conflict, you can always put it on its own drive and go from there, much as 2020 can be installed anywhere inside one's case. Just a thought. This is why I continue to, like a broken record, tell people when asked about building / buying a new computer is : always, always, always build it for tomorrow, NOT for today.

Don BP
    I may just build a new rig. While mine runs MSFS and DCS well, it only has two "M" slots. One is currently used for "C" drive and the other the two flight sims. I think keeping the two sims seperated is a good idea.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post

Don BP
    Hi Don,

All great points. If you go to the MSFS2020 website and count all the 100's of issues and wishes that MS has yet to address (aircraft opening doors, no popcorn clouds, ATC, better AI air/ground/ship traffic .... etc.) it just makes you think that perhaps MS had no choice than to double back and re-do the sim core engine literally to 'keep up with demand'. I think they just simply re-built the foundation of the sim (new core engine) to give it the capabilities to actually do what many have had wished for since the start (and future-proof the sim to some extent), and now will continue on their merry way down the wish list having this new tech onboard. Many FS2004 addons work well in FSX, but they are not optimal in most cases, from both a visual and performance standpoint, and I feel this will be no different between 2020 and 2024. I'm with you, and agree it will be best to keep 2020 and 2024 on separate drives for optimal performance of each sim if you want to eventually run both. Support for 2020 will undoubtedly continue and issues will continue to be addressed/new features will continue to be added for many years to come, but IMHO, 2024 will always come out ahead.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Jorg Neumann confirms at 2:20 what many suspect re MSFS2020 ......

https://youtu.be/axgSevphWp0
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

My only hope is that there will be a discounted price for users already on the current sim - especially those of us that have been there from very beginning. (I bought mine on day 2...)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    My only hope is that there will be a discounted price for users already on the current sim - especially those of us that have been there from very beginning. (I bought mine on day 2...)
    It's called Game Pass. It's the biggest discount you're going to get.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

It may be a short-term savings, but once you've subscribed for 4 months at ~$15 each, you've just paid the cost of the sim with no ownership, and if you want to own it, you have to pay another $60. Game Pass is only good if you like to try a boatload of games but rarely ever buy.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Another very similar take on why MSFS2024 is coming to existence ........ 0:27 of video :

https://youtu.be/5rAVKuwjYOg

Makes you think if MS really has anything left in the tank for further major MSFS2020 improvements ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Another very similar take on why MSFS2024 is coming to existence ........ 0:27 of video :https://youtu.be/5rAVKuwjYOgMakes you think if MS really has anything left in the tank for further major MSFS2020 improvements ?
    The dust has settled on the announcment. If MS had just said they reached the end of what is practical for MSFS2020, a new software engine is coming and your add-ons will be compatible, there whould have been much less drama. I celebrated by buying the Bf-109.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 1