FlyingIron Simulations Bf-109G-6 Released 6/14 - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FlyingIron Simulations Bf-109G-6 Released 6/14

I am working on these ones: TP914 RAF Manston, D-FWME Messerschmitt Stiftung, D-FMGS Hangar 10. Luftwaffe Spitfire T9+EK will come later...

TP841_1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

D-FWME_D-FMGS by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you, Jankees and Spook. Here's a small update on WkNr.410077 (N42109), showing the port-side mottling added, each blotch matching the real aircraft. Tomorrow I'll start on the other side. I modified the tone of the RLM 75 grey-violet for better accuracy since the previous screenshots I showed. It's always a matter of trial and error to get any colors to show up just right in the sim, as under the sim's lighting they will always appear different than they do when making the textures (they tend to always end up needing to be darker and more saturated than I start with).

Awesome is such an overused word but in this case I'll allow its use.

Thomas, it is great to see D-FWME and D-FMGS in the works. And thank you for your compliment, Shotgunshack.

Here is another update on WkNr.410077/N42109 (screenshots posted just so my work can be checked). As I mentioned before, each blotch of mottling, nose to rudder, has been done to match the real aircraft, both sides. My checklist of items remaining still to be done include: charred and flaked-off paint on port-side exhaust shroud, radiator door & control surface end cap ribs (camo paint), lots and lots of stenciling, tailwheel whitewalls, wing leading edge inside slats (RLM 75), drop tank with stenciling, complete maps, and a few modified cockpit textures. Hopefully another 5-6 day gestation period and this repaint should be close to ready (next will be "Black 6" G-USTV).

With the paintkit released early on Discord, I've carried over some of the weathering layers and added them onto my own paintkit setup, and modified the exhaust staining to my liking. I got rid of all of the fluid leaks I didn't want present, but I noticed I missed one on the upper fuselage, which has now been erased.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 29th, 2023 at 10:21.

Paintkit ? where?
    Looks awesome btw .

Thank you, Spook. On the FlyingIron Discord page, Bf-109 chat, they've posted a download link for an early pre-release version of the paintkit (I'll send you a PM).

Got it , Thank you

John, it is a real pleasure to see your updates on N42109.

My work on D-FWME Red Seven of Messerschmitt-Stiftung is going on. The real livery of D-FWME itself has no historical image, so it is unique. Anyway, I try to cover the real bird colors following my photographs and resources availible.

D-FWME5 by TiA, auf Flickr

D-FWME6 by TiAr, auf Flickr

D-FWME7 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Next step is redoing camouflage on fuselage taking a bit smoother, that need some hours, too.

Thomas

With the exception of drop tanks, prop stencils, cannon hub and a few more cockpit details still to do, I think 410077/NX42109 is done. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the remaining work until Wednesday, but I figured I'd post a few last screenshots before it is released a few days from now.

This thing has been a nightmare. More crash to desktop than anything else I have. Their Spitfire is way better than this software. I had high hopes for it with all the good things people have been saying about it. Its been trash in my book. It's unless they do some updates to fix the problem of crash to desktop.
    Greg :USA-flag:

Ditto. Just removed it from my community folder last night. Have NEVER been able to do a correct takeoff (that’s my impatience/lack of finesse vs. anything wrong with the model), and when I have gotten it into the air, it flies like a sputtering brick. Landings are similarly miserable. I just decided it was no longer worth the aggravation…but it does look really nice. On a positive note, my AH P-51 takeoffs have improved dramatically as a result of my struggles with the BF-109.

Kent

Hi
    this side of the planet no more problems with take-off, much more difficult on landing. Using full right rudder and a bit of aileron and slow acceleration. Flies like an angel.
    As for CTR, happens occasionally when I change plane for a different skin and once on starting flight. It happens. Otherwise, consider this to be an outstanding job. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    This thing has been a nightmare. More crash to desktop than anything else I have. Their Spitfire is way better than this software. I had high hopes for it with all the good things people have been saying about it. Its been trash in my book. It's unless they do some updates to fix the problem of crash to desktop.
    Copied from FI discord:
    "It was the bf-109interior.xml file that was causing my CTD, found it by a methodical process of trial and error. Now I have reinstalled v1.01 but copied over bf109_interior.xml from V1.00 into its models folder."

Version 1.0.0 is ok. Version 1.0.1 has a bug which affect many but not all. Especially @ Duxford. After copying the file from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 I had not further CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Copied from FI discord:
    "It was the bf-109interior.xml file that was causing my CTD, found it by a methodical process of trial and error. Now I have reinstalled v1.01 but copied over bf109_interior.xml from V1.00 into its models folder."

Version 1.0.0 is ok. Version 1.0.1 has a bug which affect many but not all. Especially @ Duxford. After copying the file from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 I had not further CTD.
    Thanks for that info but the only version I have is 1.0.1 and don't know of a way to get the old version. It was crashing the sim no matter what aircraft I was trying to fly unless I was in safe mode but with it "uninstalled" the sim is back to normal.

Now I know what you mean...in my previous post was referring to version 1.0. Everything was normal. Installed last version, flew well a number of times but now is CTD after CTD as soon as I use de 109. Bad. Hope they fix this, asap. And no more v1 as well...

I had the CTD with addon liveries but if change following in the aircraft cfg for each addon to

isAirTraffic =0

It solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    I had the CTD with addon liveries but if change following in the aircraft cfg for each addon to

isAirTraffic =0

It solves the problem.
    No add on addon liveries here just CTD over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    Thanks for that info but the only version I have is 1.0.1 and don't know of a way to get the old version. It was crashing the sim no matter what aircraft I was trying to fly unless I was in safe mode but with it "uninstalled" the sim is back to normal.
    Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfdzdb9oss...erior.xml?dl=0

I always keep older versions just in case....

For what it's worth, FlyingIron are extremely active and responsive on their support forum on Discord, and are continuously working on fixes to any problems reported (which all flow into the next update). As noted, the CTD issue came about with the 1.0.1 update. That update we all were sent was also mistakenly the Marketplace version, so it doesn't have the machine guns like the original 1.0.0 release. FlyingIron are aware of all of this and are working diligently to provide the next update. Noddy, thank you for mentioning about the Aircraft.cfg file entry line (I've made sure that it is set at 0 for my repaint).

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfdzdb9oss...erior.xml?dl=0

I always keep older versions just in case....
    Thanks that seems to have fixed the CTD problem for me.

Just got an update for the BF-109, hopefully it's good to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Just got an update for the BF-109, hopefully it's good to go now.
    Same. So far so good with it now.

I didn't have any major issues with the previous update but this one is good to go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, so far so good, except my landings always end pretty badly, LOL.

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Yep, so far so good, except my landings always end pretty badly, LOL.

You are not alone. I blame the plane (because my piolt-ing skills are perfect).

No CTD to report.

…excuse me while I run from the lighting that is impending to strike…

Members who have read this thread: 3