Another New Turboprop (an Embraer)

Thread: Another New Turboprop (an Embraer)

Another New Turboprop (an Embraer)

This just popped up on Simmarket, an Embraer E121A1-XINGU II (EMB 121) from BRSIMDESIGNS. A very interesting model, the real bird is a bit obscure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8931).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	90777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8932).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	90778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8942).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	90779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8938).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	90780

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tempting, but I'll hold off until I can find a review or two.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So far both reviews are 5 stars. It is very nice, has ample systems & such and handles well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Two big selling points for me are a dynamic external registration (not baked into the textures like the Twotter and most of the C310R variants) and a copilot that's visible from inside the cockpit. Are there any indications of either?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Two big selling points for me are a dynamic external registration (not baked into the textures like the Twotter and most of the C310R variants) and a copilot that's visible from inside the cockpit. Are there any indications of either?
    No co-pilot visible nor captain. Can't say for sure on the dynamic registration.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice lines for sure, watched a review earlier today and it appears to have a power issue at idle ... take your feet off the brakes and hang on !! . Hard to imagine that's the way it is in real life.

yes dynamic aircraft registry default in the config is PT-OZS but it can be overwritten with by entering other one that show up in cockpit and fuse like we have with the default msfs aircraft

it Starts up cold & dark even when placed on rwy which make it not the ideal aircraft for short evenining flights wish that there are states to choose from EFB (like ready for takeoff)

so here my final review of it

Positive Aspects:
    + Model
    + Aircraft Type is bit of unique (at least I have not seen a Xingu for Flightsim before)
    + Visual Registry can be changed from Menu
    + Price seems fair

Negative Aspects:
    - MSFS Checklist (Auto Complete Task do not work)
    - EFB let not select you other loading state than "Cold & Dark" there is no "Ready to Taxi" Option

hope that this will be addressed in Update
    Last edited by Txmmy83; May 21st, 2023 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Nice lines for sure, watched a review earlier today and it appears to have a power issue at idle ... take your feet off the brakes and hang on !! . Hard to imagine that's the way it is in real life.
    A lot of turboprops will actually start to roll when the condition levers and props are full forward even with the power levers at idle. The normal procedure to control the taxi speed is the move the levers between idle and beta range without using the brakes. This aircraft is fairly small with those PT6 engines which at high idle or even ground idle will easily make it roll. The condition levers on this model will help tame the ground roll when moved to the ground/low detent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good evening

I remember a version under FS 2002, so I am happy to discover this MSFS 2020 version. I do not see a French navy livery.

If she were to arrive I would buy this plane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77-marine-nationale-french-navy-embraer-emb-121-xingu_PlanespottersNet_1272248_e542178dad_o.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	90836

just a short HU Aircraft get updated to have Cold & Dark and Ready for Takeoff config to choose from EFB

Members who have read this thread: 2