Woo and most definitely Hoo

Thread: Woo and most definitely Hoo

Woo and most definitely Hoo

The forecast is Tempests in Northamptonshire skies this summer.

Hawker Tempest edges closer to flight! (key.aero)

Time to dig out the Hanvey/Barry Tempest and sort her out some new togs.
    Andy

Impressive sound

Cheers,
    Huub

Did you know Morton did some very nice CFS2 repaints for said Tempest, but work just fine in FS9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t1.jpg   t2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    The forecast is Tempests in Northamptonshire skies this summer.

Hawker Tempest edges closer to flight! (key.aero)

Could be a bit windy in South Wales too.. local museum have one to rebuild to fly
    Face twit linky....
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/SouthW...6638814383610/

Ttfn

Pete

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Did you know Morton did some very nice CFS2 repaints for said Tempest, but work just fine in FS9
    They work beautifully in FS9.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tempest II.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	90510

I'm attempting to work up a paintkit from Morton's 135 Wing skin to, hopefully, reproduce G-TEMT. Why they couldn't have left it in the 54 Squadron marking they used earlier is beyond me.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Could be a bit windy in South Wales too.. local museum have one to rebuild to fly
    Face twit linky....
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/SouthW...6638814383610/

Ttfn

Pete

Pete
    Now that is VERY ambitious! It never ceases to amaze me that so many talented people are working to preserve our aviation heritage and the projects they are willing to tackle; the two episodes of the "Warbird Workshop" series that covered Historic Helicopters restorations of the Wessex & the Sea King were awe inspiring.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Now that is VERY ambitious! It never ceases to amaze me that so many talented people are working to preserve our aviation heritage and the projects they are willing to tackle; the two episodes of the "Warbird Workshop" series that covered Historic Helicopters restorations of the Wessex & the Sea King were awe inspiring.
    Yes, I got involved at an early stage with the Fairey Battle that is now at RAF Museum, it was hoped it could be restored to flight at the time to add to BBMF fleet, unfortunately the more we uncovered, the more we found previous er, restoration attempts by unqualified enthusiasts, had critically damaged irreplaceable primary structure, which is why it ended up as a cosmetic restoration ( done at BAE) only

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Ian for reminding me about this model. I still hadn't installed it on my (not so) new (anymore) PC.

@Pete, the RAF museum Fairey Battle look beautiful again, I really hope the one in the Brussels museum will be fully restored one day as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

And don't forget Nigel Richards' awesome Centaurus sound pack to replicate the sound in the video.

For some reason I always preferred the Mk II to its Sabre-engined siblings (which, apparently, could have been Griffon engined. Who knew), possibly a result from my Matchbox modelling days.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0