MK_MDLC and MDLC for 64bit systems!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK_MDLC and MDLC for 64bit systems!

mk_mdlc

Hi Guys,

I tried to convert FS2004 model to CFS2 using mk_mdlc V2 on WIN10.
    Then it was failed with error message says "this program is for 32bit version and not working for 64bit"

May I ask you guys if anybody knows if there is newer virsion of mk_mdlc for WIN10 or any other program I can use it on WIN 10?

Thanks,

Yuki

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Thank you so much Uncle!
    I will try it out.

Yuki

HOT HOT NEWS!

With some outside help MK MDLC works on Windows again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK_MDLC_LOSE10.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	90393

Also OldNewExplorerCfg is a live saver. Turned it off for the Lose 10 screenshot. How dose anyone stand the windows Ribbon Bar explorer interface.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Really great news Allen, congratulations
    Now the ultimate progress would be to have MDLC and SCASM to work together on recent Wind, many things can do with animations via SCASM

Cheers
    Martin

Any tire kickers/guinea pigs?

MK_MDLC_DosBox_V2.zip

You need to put the MK_MDLC_DosBox folder in your C: drive, D: drive or F: drive. I programed the DosBox .confs to not care about drive letter but you can not put it into subfolders. You can not put MK_MDLC_DosBox someplace like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Tools. DosBox will not be able to run right. This is done for your PCs safety per DosBox instructions/warning.
    Last edited by Allen; April 9th, 2023 at 01:16.

Hello Allen, many thanks for the attachment, but the link is invalid according to the forum browser message.

best regards
    Martin

ReUploaded it. Try the attachment now.

I got it, many thanks Allen, let's go to a test!

It didn't worked for me, may be my computer isn't powerfull enough, or my models too big.
    On my windows 8.5 config, after a long time, the soft returns "conversion failed"
    But the command line works fine, excepted for scasm (/a) where I have a runtime error 204 (?) and a conversion from a .sca file to a .bgl file (/m) returns "this program must be runned under win 32".

Many thanks for your efforts and your will to share your knowleges, Allen
    a nice Easter week-end, cheers
    Martin

No joy here on either Win10 or 11. I noticed most files are blocked in properties settings but unblocking them didn't help. I get the below message if I run mk_mdlc with the DOS window visible on both versions of windows. Running MDLC Command Line.bat works fine though.

Name:	warning.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	90401

Cheers
    Aussie

Library Staff
    Thanks very much Allen but alas no joy for me either. I tried two aircraft models, one FS2002 and the other FS2004. I got "conversion failed" messages. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Looking at the Task Manager, I notice a series of cmd.exe*32 and conhost.exe have been left running.

Alright everyone. Try dropping this MDLC.exe into the MK_MDLC_DosBox folder and prayge.

MDLC.exe

Beautiful work Allen!

It's working on Win11.

Cheers
    Aussie

Working on Win10 now too.

Cheers
    Aussie

Library Staff
    It's working for me now thanks Allen.

It works for me too on Win 8.5, only the reflective conversion failed with Mk_Mdlc, but worked fine with the command lines.

Many thanks Allen

A nice easter monday
    Martin

aussie, kdriver
    Good! The prayges worked.

Klein
    The r/ reflective checkbox works with the test model that is a FS2004 gMax made .mdl.

What command or commands did you have to use on your test model and what model was it?
    Last edited by Allen; April 10th, 2023 at 09:07.

Hello Allen

I tested two huge models, the west front Caudron R11 and the Re8

Here is what Mk_Mdlc returns on reflective conversion for the Re8 (t'was the same for the caudron):

Name:	Mk_Mdlc.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	90411

and with the "MDLC Command Line.bat", "IH_Mdlc.exe /r Re8.mds", Re8.mds was done with Mk_Mdlc:

Name:	MDLC Command Line.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	90412

Hope it can help (buffer width not enough? or time to do it too long?)

and for my scasm problem, command "IH_Mdlc.exe /a Re8.mdl":

Name:	scasm.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	90413

Many thanks for your efforts Allen
    Cheers
    Martin

I forgot to precise, Re8 and caudron_R11 made with Gmax for FS2004

The only Caudron R11 is by Westfront is CFS2 Caudron R11.zip http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=27953

As for the RE8 I'm guessing you mean Royal Aircraft Factor R.E.8. The search systems fails to find anything using "R.E.8" and "Royal Aircraft Factor" gives 101 pages so not much uses.

Could use links to both.

As for MK_MDLC saying conversion failed but MDLC is still working. MK_MDLC has what is I think a 5min timeout. This is set in the MDLC.ini DosTimeout=5 You could change this to be longer and see if that helps. I may make this longer before uploading as it seem likely DosBox running MDLC will work slower than MDLC would have on real 32 bit hardware (Ex: WinXP/Vista)

With the 3rd screen shot using IH_Mdlc.exe /a Re8.mdl. That is an MDLC error. Is the error really from MDLC or DosBox not emulating dos environment right? I don't know and the only way to know is to run MDLC on Win98 WinMe or WinXP and see if MDLC has the same error.

EDIT:
    The R11 model you posted here? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1257835

EDIT2.
    Yup it hit the 5 min timer but took 8 mins to finish. Will change the DosTimeout= to 10 and see if that works.

Hello Allen
    It works perfectly now with DosTimeout=10
    Sorry not to be precise on the models, it is "CFS2 RAF Re8" and "CFS2 Caudron R11"

About the scasm conversion, scasm.exe must be added to the MK_MDLC_DosBox folder, it don't work on emulated systems as dosbox or virtual box, with both runtime errors, but works for me perfectly on a laptop fitted with XP.

Many thanks
    Martin

Glad the DosTimeout=10 works. Think I will set it to DosTimeout=15 my self and I have noted this as a possible problem in MK_MDLC "Help" and "MDLC Info" buttons.

The 3rd screen shot shows you tried to convert the RE8 to .asm code. MDLC just sort of likes to give an runtime error like you got with converted models. The RE8 is a mdlc convert back to CFS2. Seen this style of runtime error back on XP.

Well scasm.exe is a 32bit program and doesn't need emulator but who knows what MS has removed since the XP days so if scasm.exe fails on Win7 and newer but works on XP, blame MS. I can't fix it.

Hello Allen
    Don't worry with the scasm problem, I asked in case you had any idea about it, my intention isn't to blame anybody, I prefer to send you millions thanks to permit us to use this versatile tool again.
    About the help and info, the soft search for it in the main "mk_mdlc_Dosbox" folder, not in the "MDLC and MK MDLC Read_Me" one.

Cheers
    Martin

Test version 3 added below!!

The patched/updated MDLC.exe that was in post 13 now included.

Inside MDLC.ini the DosTimeout=5 changed to DosTimeout=15. This will get undone if you delete the MDLC.ini. Done to stop false "Conversion Failed" from MK_MDLC. The 5 min time limit to convert a model was fine in 2004 but with today's complex models it will need more time.

New readme.txt and updated mk_help.txt added back to the main MK_MDLC_DosBox folder as they are used by the "Help" and "MDLC Info" buttons of MK_MDLC. Original readme.txt and mk_help.txt still kept in the MDLC and MK MDLC Read_Me folder.

MK_MDLC_DosBox_V3.zip

Install:
    You need to put the MK_MDLC_DosBox folder in your C: drive, D: drive or F: drive. I programed the DosBox .confs to not care about drive letter but you can not put it into subfolders. You can not put MK_MDLC_DosBox someplace like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Tools. DosBox will not be able to run right. This is done for your PCs safety per DosBox instructions/warning.

If things are working fine with this version than I'll remove the "Test Model" folder and it will become the Library upload.
    Last edited by Allen; April 11th, 2023 at 13:03.

Members who have read this thread: 2