Rollus A400M now in FS2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollus A400M now in FS2020

Rollus A400M now in FS2020

The A400M is now in FS2020. I really enjoyed this model in the past and it's systems depth is actually quite good and it flies nicely. If there is a couple of things I am going to point out, one is the prop disc textures are clearly too flat/off in appearance and stall and flap speed indications on the PFD need to be adjusted a bit, both certainly fixable issues. Otherwise, it is a nice model to the sim. Thanks to Roland for all the continued work for the community.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8362).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	90391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8358).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	90390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8356).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	90389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8354).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	90388

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice! I never used to like the real-world A400, but it's grown on me over the last couple of years. I shall await reviews.

From the reviews posted so far on SimMarket, it's typical Roland Laborie. Looks great, flight model needs work.

I had a lot of fun with the F-8, but he really never got the flight modeling up to MSFS state-of-the-art, and it looks like updates have stopped.

I really want his CL-215, but a Flightsim.to user had to essentially revamp it with an add-on to get it up to par. Alas that add-on broke with recent updates, so I'm going to wait for that to get fixed before I pick it up.

Y'all gonna use up all my glue in one weekend!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

A400m

An update is being prepared to improve the management of high altitude engines and solve the hud problem for some people.

A400m

Now everything is fine with the update, PFD, ILS frequency inserted in the CDU works,Hud also works, and engines ok.

Thanks for the HU. Yes this is very fine now.

I am working on an updated base texture set for my older repaints.

base3 by TiAr, auf Flickr

base1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

base6 by TiAr, auf Flickr

base by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas

That looks good !

I saw a post-update video (in french) which explained the (much-needed) improvements made to the flight model, regarding engine-power too.
    From what I saw, the model is now enjoyable, but still far from perfect. Some strange behavior from the autopilot which refused to follow the route at some point, for an unknown reason. I don't know if the youtuber did a mistake when programming the route in the MCDU, or if it was a bug.
    Too bad the HUD glass is still way too dark, and the HUD itself seems to miss the ILS and a velocity vector ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    That looks good !

I saw a post-update video (in french) which explained the (much-needed) improvements made to the flight model, regarding engine-power too.
    From what I saw, the model is now enjoyable, but still far from perfect. Some strange behavior from the autopilot which refused to follow the route at some point, for an unknown reason. I don't know if the youtuber did a mistake when programming the route in the MCDU, or if it was a bug.
    Too bad the HUD glass is still way too dark, and the HUD itself seems to miss the ILS and a velocity vector ? :/
    This morning I I took my first flight with AP and I enjoyed this flight. AP did his job without any issues. But I did no ILS approach. And yes, you are right, it is still far from perfect. But I didnīt expect this - the real Atlas is on secret until today. No informations like POHs around. No further informations about the systems available. But it handles very accurate in MSFS. If you expect an IFR system like Fenix A320 or PNDG 737, than you will be disappointed. Rolandīs A400M is using the Asobo A320 systems with all the limitations we know.

Air Defender 2023 is coming in June.

A400_54+21 by TiAr, auf Flickr

A400_54+21_1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

A400_54+21_3 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

At what airport are you exactly, Thomas ? And from what shipping package do the ships come ?

Thank you !

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    If there is a couple of things I am going to point out, one is the prop disc textures are clearly too flat/off in appearance
    Something like a decade ago, I recall Bananabob wading in and rescuing the FS9 community from dreadful prop textures.
    Bit surprising to see that as an issue today, is there a coding problem with the sim?
    The rest of the visuals are beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    At what airport are you exactly, Thomas ? And from what shipping package do the ships come ?

Thank you !
    It is Syros LGSO from simmershome.de/lgso-syros

But you have to register there. The scenery itself is free of charge. The ships are in the scenery.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

But you have to register there. The scenery itself is free of charge. The ships are in the scenery.

Thomas
    Thanks very much, Thomas ! Looking at the buildings i had a hunge it must be Greece.

Awaiting registration verification.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Something like a decade ago, I recall Bananabob wading in and rescuing the FS9 community from dreadful prop textures.
    Bit surprising to see that as an issue today, is there a coding problem with the sim?
    The rest of the visuals are beautifully done.
    This is a tricky one, Wing_Z, because of the remarkable prop blades.

Normally, if you'd want to go all the way you'd create the well known, flat, spinning prop circle animation as well as the so called '3D Side View Spinning Prop Anim'. The latter makes use of the 'Fresnel Ramp texture' to only be visible from the side view (more or less.. Some devs have taken up this great way of adding the 3D side view of a spinning prop but others still don't bother about it..)

Even if the dev would add this '3D Side Spinning Prop Anim' it would still not look like the real A400M props just *because* of the remarkable shape of the props (an probabely because of its operation as well). Bummer because that's just the main visible attraction of this particular aircraft, isn't it.

(Very) innovative setup of the flat front/back spinning prop texture as well as innovative shaping of the transparent 3D side view 'blades' might do the trick. We can only await what the developer feels about that. It'll be a sure buy for me if he feels to go 'all the way'.

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

Thomas
    Thomas, i am a registered member of Simmershome now. I wandered around the website for quite a while but i failed to find a way to download the LGSO scenery. There's a dedicated page regarding the LGSO scenery with screenshots, a video and a link to download the manual but sofar no link to download the scenery...

Can you maybe fill me in where exactly i might find the download link ?

Thanks a lot !

Go to Support Forum and than to File Base.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Well, looks like no Syros scenery for me. Certainly the strangest FS related website i've come across. Registering doesn't seem to be enough to get access to the FileBase. I am also obliged to add a 'greeting', a first name in the signature, a title picture and an avatar. The sad thing is i haven't got a clue how to do that. Tried but it just won't work. If i click on 'Edit Profile' in the left menu all that happens is sort of a redraw of that small right menu....

Furthermore it reads : " Access to the filebase is not possible without this information! Activation is done by script, 15 minutes after complete completion."

Being a fan of Greek islands (and not only Greek islands, i'm an 'Islander' all over ;-) i was really looking forward to install the Syros scenery. Rather than aimlessly wandering around this website without any result I would've gladly payed for it.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway, Thomas. Much appreciated !

A400m

Propellers appear to be better modeled for the next update. Wait and ...

https://youtu.be/2TDiSN2kVk4

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    It'll be a sure buy for me if he feels to go 'all the way'.
    Yep.
    That looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Yep.
    That looks promising.
    True, certainly !

But still could do with a bit more 'innovation'... https://youtu.be/njrnjKFsXJI

I think it would be possible to get rid of the 'conventional prop circle' all together and replace it with just the (very) blurry/fairly transparent images of the seperate spinning prop blades. Actually just as it looks in the video above. I have never seen a real A400M myself so i figure the spinning props may look different but i do think what we see in the video here looks pretty convincing and appealing. (check out the change of the props side view during taxi and take off..)

Charter Member 2011
    Be good to see the edge view as per clip, yes:

But the strobe effect full-on is just a result of camera shutter speed.
    It's always off-putting to see a blade frozen or retreating in a video, not realistic at all!
    A nice prop blur is what your eye would expect.

Yes, an updated Model with a nice propeller display would be great. I am currently working on a better one of current model. First try. But it is not easy.

A400_54+21_Prop1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Roland Laborie is working on propeller display. It seems, we will get 3D-blades. I hope, they come with textures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDiSN2kVk4

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 0