Rollus A400M now in FS2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollus A400M now in FS2020

Charter Member 2011
    Excellent.
    Nice to see a bit of 3D at 1:03.
    I watched another RW clip earlier, there did not seem to be so much smoke on startup.
    As to the props, the disk rather depends on the camera used.

I'd love to hear from someone who has seen this beast in the flesh.
    Does your eye see a blur, or multiple flickering blades?
    I fancy you'd see the latter on spool up only.

In my POV i think it doesn't matter much how a spinning prop looks when we watch it 'life with our own eyes' so to speak, or how a photo- or film camera interpreteds it. It's just a matter of making it look like it most appeals to us in a flightsimulator on a computer monitor, right ?

In case of the subject at hand, i, for one, would be quite happy and content if i'd take a screenshot of the A400M model just after take-off and it would look like this :

No conventional transparent 'propcircle' but just the blurry images of the individual prop blades that become more blurry towards the outside and much darker towards the center. That souldn't be too hard to accomplish just a lot of testing involved.

Once made to spin like a conventional propcircle it would then look like this : https://youtu.be/njrnjKFsXJI?t=559

That would really mean something special in the history of "FS Propcircle Appliance". I do believe the excellent external model does deserve it as well. Would make it an instant buy for me. Then again, everybodies' milage may vary, naturely.

Charter Member 2011
    Nice to see work happening... in the previous clip the props appeared to be running backward?

It’s very encouraging to see a developer responding to the sim community feedback; and in a relatively short period of time! Good work Roland L.
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Members who have read this thread: 0