Bulldog Autogyro Released 5/10

Thread: Bulldog Autogyro Released 5/10

Bulldog Autogyro Released 5/10

Last edited by Tom Clayton; May 10th, 2023 at 13:02.
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by full View Post
    Autogyro????

Show it us. 404 error!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yep that's the one ! I've just cleaned out some old pics and attached them to the first post.
    Craig

Wow interesting design!

Looks fun
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It's not for me, but there's no denying the quality of the workmanship. Beautifully put together and textured.

That's really cool!

Did they ever fly it before they shut down? (I assumed they shut down, since no news since 2015 and the website redirects to a Chinese error page.)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    That's really cool!

Did they ever fly it before they shut down? (I assumed they shut down, since no news since 2015 and the website redirects to a Chinese error page.)
    I don't think so, It was supposed to be test flown in July 2015. Shortly after the company went bust... but they started a new company with a more conventional (modern) gyrocopter design Chimera Aviation the future of aviation (chimera-aviation.com)

But it also looks like this company has folded too. Barry Jones is also connected to this company Skyworks Aeronautics Corp (skyworks-aero.com)

I've tried to get in contact with him but no luck.
    Craig

BJJR is officially listed as Disolved.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/09176718
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Very much looking forward to this one! Day 1 purchase. Soon can’t be soon enough!

I've just spoken to my brother (aviation nut too) and.... He knows a guy that knows a guy who has the Bulldog ! and we are arranging a viewing
    Craig

Okay, that's super-cool.

Tell him you just want to do a high-speed taxi to capture some sounds. And then Spruce Goose that baby.

But seriously, that's awesome. Glad it'll get to fly in MSFS at least!

Looking forward to any updates on this one. Hopefully the visit went or goes well!

Its based in Yorkshire, so a fair trek for me but I'll get around to seeing it eventually.

Just released the Bulldog on ini Builds store --> Rara-Avis Sims Bulldog Autogyro for MSFS – iniBuilds Store
    Craig

This is just so much fun to fly!!

Thanks so much for doing this slightly weird machine.

cheers,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    This is just so much fun to fly!!

Thanks so much for doing this slightly weird machine.

cheers,
    steve
    No worries, glad you like it
    Craig

So much fun, Craig! Would love some flying tips -- it's my first autogyro!

Absolutely stunning model, as always, and really interesting to fly.

Bought it mainly in support of a small developer and it is a unique aircraft. I think it's one of those items I will fly around a bit then put away like many aircraft I own. The work is excellent, but I found the flying to be a bit uninteresting. It's entirely possible I need more coffee. Those white coat guys have not come by with my meds yet. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hah. Yeah, I wondered if it'd be a novelty and then end up like the various ultralights I've bought -- fun to explore, but I don't fly them regularly.

This one, though, is super-interesting to test-fly. It has a very different flight envelope, and I've been having fun learning how to take advantage of that.

Rotek details are top shelf.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 2