Boeing B-314 "The Clipper" released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boeing B-314 "The Clipper" released!

Interesting, just recived @:

As an existing customer of the version for Prepar3D, we invite you to grab the new version to also fly it in MSFS. You can do that now at a reduced price!
    Just log into your account at our webshop and your special price will be active.
    I guess it's good that I held off for a while but now I have no choice . Some may be angry a little (owners of P3D version from PILOT's e-store, actually it would be nice if they sent such an email on the day of the release. However its a good decision from PILOT's.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Interesting, just recived @:

I guess it's good that I held off for a while but now I have no choice . Some may be angry a little (owners of P3D version from PILOT's e-store, actually it would be nice if they sent such an email on the day of the release. However its a good decision from PILOT's.
    I had been waiting for it to show up in one of the markets, either MSFS or ORBX, as I trying to avoid having to manually installing updates, but the prospect of a discount because I had previously purchased the P3D version made me at least check it out, but I did not see any special price. Maybe its because I purchased the basic version rather than Pro?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Interesting, just recived @:I guess it's good that I held off for a while but now I have no choice . Some may be angry a little (owners of P3D version from PILOT's e-store, actually it would be nice if they sent such an email on the day of the release. However its a good decision from PILOT's.
    You do have a choice.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    You do have a choice.
    For sure, I was joking, however Id like to have B.314 too. Im loving always this boat.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For sure, I was joking, however Id like to have B.314 too. Im loving always this boat.
    I think it will be improved before it hits the MSFS Marketplace. There are a number of acknowledged issues they need to iron out. They buggered the last update by providing the wrong bump mapping and quickly corrected that by issuing another update.

We have just released an update for Boeing B314 - The Clipper for MSFS. This brings it up to V 1.20 and it contains the follwing changes and improvements:
    All models
    .) Cold & Dark loading will now have the aicraft moored with the mooring
    lines active.
    .) Gyropilot code has been refined to offer better fidelity on altitude and
    heading hold.
    .) Revised various VC tooltips for better readability.
    .) Added BOAC B-314A Bristol livery, the flag ship of the three Boeing
    B-314A flying boats of the British Overseas Airways Corporation.
    Known Issues
    The Mooring Light Switch, which activates a mooring of the aicraft with position hold and the mooring lines appearing, is not functional upon a Cold & Dark startup. This is due to the same LVar issue as described above.

Sorry to have to swoop down onto this ol' Pilot's product again but i'm getting fed up with all these small 'updates' where i have to refill in my name, my email address, my password, my product license code, remove my current Clipper model from Community, and go through the whole installation process over and over again and again. Most tedious way of installing updates i have ever come across. And still i find that horrible green colored walls and carpets to get on my nerves. I can't fly that beautiful ship this way, honestly.

Please Sir Pilots, send in the internal painters and upholsterers and let them have their way with the internals of your magnifique and imposant looking flying boat. You don't know how or what ? Have no inspiration ? Please check these out :

There's a lot more to get inspired by here : https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/b3...ortBy=relevant

And here's the official 'Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum' with a full lifesize copy of the Boeing 314 Clipper both internal and external on display. Unmute the sound at the topright to hear the introduction movie: https://flyingboatmuseum.com/

If this is not THE best inspiration for a repaint of the internals of your magnificent Boeing B-314 Clipper model i really don't know what is.

Now THAT would be an update with which i'll be happy to re-download the model, refill in my name, my email address, my password, my product license code, remove my current Clipper from my Community and reinstall the whole kit 'n caboodle again.

I'll take an Irish Coffee or two to celebrate that thought.

Thanks!

PS. I'll keep track of the updates of course but i'll re-install only when i see anything about internal repaint in the accompanied email.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sorry to have to swoop down onto this ol' Pilot's product again but i'm getting fed up with all these small 'updates' where i have to refill in my name, my email address, my password, my product license code, remove my current Clipper model from Community, and go through the whole installation process over and over again and again. Most tedious way of installing updates i have ever come across. And still i find that horrible green colored walls and carpets to get on my nerves. I can't fly that beautiful ship this way, honestly.Please Sir Pilots, send in the internal painters and upholsterers and let them have their way with the internals of your magnifique and imposant looking flying boat. You don't know how or what ? Have no inspiration ? Please check these out :There's a lot more to get inspired by here : https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/b3...ortBy=relevantAnd here's the official 'Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum' with a full lifesize copy of the Boeing 314 Clipper both internal and external on display. Unmute the sound at the topright to hear the introduction movie: https://flyingboatmuseum.com/If this is not THE best inspiration for a repaint of the internals of your magnificent Boeing B-314 Clipper model i really don't know what is.Now THAT would be an update with which i'll be happy to re-download the model, refill in my name, my email address, my password, my product license code, remove my current Clipper from my Community and reinstall the whole kit 'n caboodle again. I'll take an Irish Coffee or two to celebrate that thought.Thanks! PS. I'll keep track of the updates of course but i'll re-install only when i see anything about internal repaint in the accompanied email.
    Pilots provided some historical research on the 314 about the green interior colors. It would seem the green is accurate, but the rendered interiors are still rather dark to my eyes. The museum reproductions may not be accurate to Boeing's color scheme. I do appreciate the frequent updates as it means they are working on it as I had all but put it away. If you turn on the gyro guidence in flight, the aircraft pitches up violently. Once level, it seems to work, but only after tweaking airspeed and trim for stright and level flight. The fuel system is still buggered which they say is an Asobo problem. The external skins look good. Not certain on the nacelle opening geometry. They seem a bit small to me compared to historical photos. Antenna wires are there on the wings, extending to the outboard tails, but they vanish against the sky.

The B-314 replica of the Foynes Flying Boats museum was build by an american filmset designer who was in close contact with Boeing during the build, according to thousands of photos and drawings that Boeing provided, information and contact with former crew members. The building of the replica took half a year and costs half a million pounds, provided by the town of Foynes and donations.

With the Pilot's Clipper release adventure we've gone thru in mind i'd rather put my money on the meticulously build B-314 replica than on the Pilot's dev for historical research.

Btw, if you examine the colored photos of the Clipper's internal replica closely you may notice that the color of the navigator/radio operator room is kind of a very light olive green. A better impression of that you can see here in this short video clip of the Foynes Clipper replica :https://youtu.be/J_YRtvme4v0?t=91

If you'd still prefer the frightful green that Pilot's came up with during their historical research, well, that's your problem.

Here's another interesting short video featuring the B-314 with a good look at the replica's interior at the end. https://youtu.be/c9bBZGZ1Hpk

Just received notification of another update to the 314. Gonna give it a twirl. following changes/fixes:All models.) Fuel Tank Dial code rewritten with input from Asobo to circumvent LVARcode not being read correctly at flight startup..) Fuel Tank Dials now configured and operating properly for Cold & Darkand water runway startups..) Revised some aspects of the flight model.Seaports.) Revised startup heading of Lisboa Seaport because of default MSFS meshissues in the Tejo sanctuary.

New update is out, 1.5.

We have just released an update for Boeing B-314 - The Clipper for MSFS. This brings it up to V 1.50 and it contains the follwing changes and improvements:
    All models
    .) Intricate detailing and refinement of external textures, with a focus on panels, rivets and fabric areas.
    .) Captain side attitude indicator was not showing pitch - Fixed.

New update is out, 1.5.
    Should've been :

We have just released an update for Boeing B-314 - The Clipper for MSFS. This brings it up to V 1.50 and it contains the follwing changes and improvements:
    All models
    .) Intricate detailing and refinement of internal textures, with a focus on panels, rivets and fabric areas.
    .) Captain side attitude indicator was not showing pitch - Fixed.

I'll hold back until v2.5

Again new update 1.55:

We have just released an update for Boeing B-314 - The Clipper for MSFS. This also marks the day, on which it will finally be available through simMarket, Just Flight and Aerosoft.This update brings it to v1.55 and it contains the follwing changes and improvements:
    All models
    .) Overhaul of camera views from feedback received.
    .) Eliminated Center Fuel tanks due to Asobo bug on fuel feed.
    .) B-314 Fuel Tank Gauge logic recoded and changed to Gallons - was on Percent.
    .) B-314A Fuel Tank Gauge logic recoded and changed to Gallons - was on Percent.

Wow, fantastic picture! Id like be here!

Another cracker, DVJ. Beautiful!

Wow, fantastic picture! Id like be here!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Another cracker, DVJ. Beautiful!
    In it's live form on the desktop, the ambient wave sounds of msfs are mixed with a separate audio track of so. pacific relaxation music. Almost real, but not. Thanks!

I see this is now available in the MSFS market so I finally purchased it. My first flight I had a hard time getting it to break free of the water, is there a trick to doing that.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

My first flight I had a hard time getting it to break free of the water, is there a trick to doing that.
    If you're at less than 100% full load ensure you've set the mixture lever next to your seat as the pilot to full rich. (It wouldn't hurt to do it for the co-pilot too)

As soon as you cross 55 knots speed, drop 2-3 notches of flaps and but just a skosh of back pressure on the yoke, and once speed gets over 110 it should fly off the water!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Yeah, if you start on the runway with everything else "ready to go", the mixture levers next to the seat are not set for takeoff power. First time I tried to fly it I couldn't get it into the air -- that was the problem.

Members who have read this thread: 3