Helgoland

Thread: Helgoland

Helgoland

Hi all: is there a Helgoland add-on out there? It is an important piece of landscape in the North Sea.
    with thanks
    William

Hi Merlin,
    With Rhumbaflappy's new mesh that should put it back into the world.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

north sea

In the new LOD8 at N54* 10.07, E7* 55.02 there are two small "islands" that look like sandbars.
    At N54* 22.04 E7*47.24 there is a small patch of shallow water.

but no Helgoland that I can see!

any suggestions?

thanks

Library Staff
    Hi Merlin,

If you install Sander de Cocq's EurW package and Jaxon's Sylt-Westerland/Helgoland package you should get this. There is no elevation mesh for the main island so the red cliffs are missing but otherwise it's quite accurate.

Kevin

thanks for the lead

Thanks for the lead; It looks good--I will try it;

but were there always two islands? I only knew of the main one (the one on the left of your photo).

Helgoland

Here are a few shots of Helgoland during the war and from a visit five years ago.

It is a great destination for a day trip on the ferry and it has several duty free stores. You can buy great Cuban cigars and Scotch whiskey there.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Cuban cigars and Scotch whiskey...Isn't that reserved for when you die and go to heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Cuban cigars and Scotch whiskey...Isn't that reserved for when you die and go to heaven?
    I'd rather smoke and drink mine here on earth just in case ... and single malt please.

:d

Library Staff
    Merlin

There might not be two islands for much longer. The developers are planning to dredge sand and join Dune, the smaller island where the airport is located, to the larger island, creating a new hotel/marina complex.

KD

The one on the screenie is a scanned pic made by me.
    It shows the actual island of today with the runway-strips on the lower, flat island "Duene" (~dune).

Out of the box, it was just that texture laying o the water => it "felt" like water, when moving around.
    First with sanders rework of the land-water-masks, this are became true (virtual) land files
    I was stunned myself, how both totally different attemps fit together so good.

When comparing to the pic Jagd posted, you can see, the runway layout during WW2 was different.

My girlfriends father is deeper into naval history and got a book about fortification heligoland during WW2 for Christmas.

I took a quick view in it and already told about my need for this, too.
    There are lots of infos and great pics inside!

I hope to get the book later this year, when he finished reading it..
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Hallo Jaxon,

I've downloaded and installed your scenery, but I've got an error-message if I start it in freeflight.
    Something seemed to be missing ( 0x4C65726F ). Maybe a building or something like this.
    Any ideas?

Best wishes

There is FS 9 scenery for Helgoland, but I don't know if it would work in CFS 2.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 3