Opinions Please: Wilco vs. Eaglesoft Citation X - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions Please: Wilco vs. Eaglesoft Citation X

I just purchased the wilco version last month and I can report that the aircraft meets or exceeds all my expectations.:ernae:

I did by a Wilco/Feelthere product once that was excellent, BUT, when I needed support it was non existent. My emails bounced back and I couldn't register on their forums, even though I tried 4 different emails. I tried and failed to make contact, I won't go back.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Hmm.. I've found their support and forums quite helpful and responsive.

I have Eaglesofts Piper Comanche and it is flawless with low impact on FPS on my rig...very smoothly textured inside and out, and their support forum is well tended to by their staff.

I am unfamiliar with the Wilco or Feelthere products so I cant compare them - only wanted to post about my satisfaction with the other developer.

Is it possible to relate an experience or preference without some of the rancor - some of the most negative posts actually have the effect of encouraging me to try the products for myself - just to see if there is an agenda.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post

Is it possible to relate an experience or preference without some of the rancor - some of the most negative posts actually have the effect of encouraging me to try the products for myself - just to see if there is an agenda.
    LOL
    I had the same thoughts myself
    It seems obvious to me that one mans meat is anothers poison.
    I cringe when i see titles like x vs. y
    but this thread is somewhat calmish
    please keep it that way!
    H

I have the wilco C750. The VC gauges are pretty nice, but the interior textures are gaudy and low-res. The exterior model is basic, but it looks good even up close. I bought it at the sale price, I think it was like 13 bucks or something. I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I simply wanted to post my thoughts on them. It's very, very rare for me to post a negative thought about a developer/publisher and perhaps I should explain what happened.

I bought the Feelthere product through Wilco, I had a problem and emailed Wilco. Wilco told me to contact Feelthere. I emailed Feelthere and the email was bounced back. I tried to log onto the Feelthere forums but non of my ISP's emails would be accepted. I posted on a thread the developer seemed to be active in on Avsim but my "very polite" post was ignored. That's it.

The product itself was excellent.

So that's it, a couple of years back now but it was enough of a problem that I made a decision.

I hope you all come to your own decision and enjoy whatever product you purchase.

Peace
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Proflig8tor
    Only bought one Feelthere product, but the SF260 is one of the best add ons ever made.

Why the negative posts towards them?

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    For me I got the Flight Mustang and Eaglesoft Citation X. I'm very impressed with both aircraft in there quality.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Proflig8tor View Post
    Only bought one Feelthere product, but the SF260 is one of the best add ons ever made.

Why the negative posts towards them?
    ??

The SF260 was made by RealAir Simulations.... Not a Wilco/Feelthere product....unless I misunderstood your post

Most people are objective about their thoughts regarding a developer and/or their product. Each person bases their opinion on their own personal likes/dislikes, and/or their flight sim needs/expectations.

I don't think people, for the most part, attempt to actually attack a developer. However, there are those who clearly have an agenda. Fortunately, they're the rare bird.

I only responded in this thread because someone stated the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0's VC looks "hand drawn".

FYI, there's a good image of the VC in my blog... reachable via the link in my signature below.
    Ed Wilson
    Gauge Programmer
    Gauged Approach

Icon26

No doubt Eaglesoft. better everything !

Berlopez
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    Windows 10pro

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Wow, this is a Moldie oldie! Lots of newer stuff out.

Blog Entries
    I'm biased. I know exactly how much Eaglesofts modeler puts into his work. its beyond top knotch.. I'd buy the eaglesoft citation in a heartbeat and i already have owned wilco's for years. Go with eaglesoft..

If I'm thinking right, and I presume I am, I think the model will be a very good rendition in what's to be expected based on the RW amenities. If I had the opportunity to beta, it would be a pleasure

Cheers

EDIT: Mr. Wilson, the link to your blog leads to a dead end, unfortunately.

5 year old thread nice!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I could not resist my last comment

Charter Member 2015
    This is wilco's VC?????

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot00029.jpg   ScreenShot00028.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    This is wilco's VC?????

David
    ummmm. yup. sure is..

It's a Christmas miracle! A very dead thread has arisen from the grave.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Wilco has a few products that are just OKAY. The Citation is one of them, but go for the Eaglesoft on this one. Depends how good your system is really. Plus the Eaglesoft V2 needs registered FSUIPC for some of the gauges to work. The only Wilco products I can recommend is their Piaggio P180 and their Tiltrotor. It seems their support has gotten a bit better over the years though. Still needs some work though....