Marketplace problem. Any suggestions?

Thread: Marketplace problem. Any suggestions?

Marketplace problem. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to purchase from the marketplace in game, but the payment box flashes locked for a second, a message " already pending" pops up and then the order is canceled. This has been going on for a couple days and I can't find an solution or a "contact support" for the MSFS Marketplace issues. I've gone through and completely confirmed, reset passwords, 2 step security, logged in/out/in, both Microsoft and Xbox accounts...and nothing. I'm legit, have purchase history, and the places I'm sent for help have a 404 error on the page....Any suggestions are welcome, I'm at wit's end. I really want to enjoy the Caribou...boo hoo.

Doug

I had it one time, log off from Microsoft services ane log on again, as I remember I was forced to change a password too. After this it started again, without pending info. Im surpriced that till now they dont solve it.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Are you using the Steam version or the Microsoft Store/Xbox version? Do you use MSFS on more than one platform (do you play on both console and PC and swap back and forth)? Are you running MSFS as an administrator?

If you are using the Steam version, make sure that "in-game overlay" is enabled. With Steam open, click "Steam" in the very top left corner of the client, then Settings > In-Game and make sure Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game is checked.

If you use Steam on more than one platform, try logging out of whatever platform you deem to be "secondary".

If you are running MSFS as an administrator, try booting it up regularly.

Alternatively, see if the problem is listed on the Zendesk support site

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...urchase-issues

And if you still can't get it working after all that, try contacting support directly

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...s/requests/new

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I was going to say make sure you are Left clicking the MSFS app/icon only! Do not right click "and run as administrator"

.... as ak416 said "try booting it up regularly"

Don't start MSFS as "Administrator' if you want to purchase in Market Place.
    Works
    Don't know why.
    T43

Solved

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I have the solution now. I just downloaded the Caribou and will start researching RCAF liveries soon! Can't wait! Now before I go off here and check it out, the solution is, and I'm a Microsoft Store guy, not Steam:

If you want to purchase something from the Marketplace, and say you haven't bought anything in a while, check your Microsoft account, (for me) Paypal, and your XBox account first, to make sure everything is current and up to date.

Start MSFS from the Microsoft Store account. It will be in your Library icon ( bottom left column) on your profile page. Then click on the Marketplace in-game, and now you are all synced up and connected with MS Store, and the download will now commence. Right after you slam that highly anticipated - click.

There is some truth in that "don't Run as Administrator", although I'm not sure why. I've always right-clicked run as administrator on the MSFS icon. Maybe I won't now, but I felt I had better control over my flightsim session, maybe not?

Cheers Everyone.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    That statement is correct. I only left click when I know I'm going to make a purchase at the Marketplace.

I have similar happening on steam recently, I purchase something on the marketplace, I have to buy "steam credits" for it up to the cost of the product, and then go back and buy it.
    It says "transaction failed" and locks me out of trying again but about a minute or two later suddenly it goes through and it starts downloading the product.
    S'weird man.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Has anyone thought about checking their security settings? I mean AV and firewall and so forth?

The reason I ask is because I've never had this problem. I'm on Steam.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0