I'm debating....

Thread: I'm debating....

I'm debating....

...whether this would be a good buy...

... I dunno, looks temping....

...Lots of time in CFS2 and FS9, so I dunno...
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

harleyman
    I got it for Christmas.....I debated over and over as to how much time I really had for it...Downloaded the demo and played it for a while...

Ended up returning it..Now I wish I had kept it as there is good help now for it here

I regestered at the X-Plane forums and found it to be not so friendly..That help lead to my decission to return it too...

Hmmm I was just looking thru some of my software and found X-Plane 8.......

I bought it from x-plane.org for $39. and it came with a really nice Comanche 250, and a $5. off certificate for other purchases. I used that last night on a Corsair.

Jim

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Its like getting a car by another manufacturer.. Turn signals are in a diff plane, panels look a little different, controls are different (keyboard layout).

Thats the main hurtle.

But, for instance, with Map view, this darn thing has like 5 different versions of maps, lol.. Its got alot in it.. But its nothing like FS.. Its 'different'.

So you are warned...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I picked it up for vectored thrust aircraft. There is a nice Osprey and a bunch of Harriers (all free). Those I have enjoyed.

Grabbed it for $29.99. Can't beat that....
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by mfitch View Post
    I picked it up for vectored thrust aircraft. There is a nice Osprey and a bunch of Harriers (all free). Those I have enjoyed.
    What's the secret to the Harriers? I downloaded the AV-8A but can't get it to take off vertically. Is it not supposed to? I give it full throttle, and it lifts off, but then falls back to the ground.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0