Gman & Milton Shupe's F7F

Thread: Gman & Milton Shupe's F7F

Gman & Milton Shupe's F7F

I think I was either very new or not into doing stuff for P3D/FSX. But I see that Gman did update Milton's base F7Fs and they work in P3Dv4. But I could not find the tanker versions anywhere. I found some threads from several years back in regards to the F7F, but it seems nothing came of the tanker versions. I have the original FS2004 version in my archives and was wondering if Milton and/or Gman would be okay if I combined the two versions into a version that could be used in P3Dv4 and V5, possibly even with PBR added to them. I have a working prototype in rough working shape currently in P3DV4 without PBR (seen below). I have the tanker liveries as well that tankerguy72 had done for them. If there's any interest or permissions/resources I can attain they would be greatly appreciated. I've had a lot of requests in the virtual aerial firefighting community to bring in some more of the vintage airtankers and the F7F is definitely one I'd personally like to bring back to the sims. Thank you in advance.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

That is looking great Sir! :-)

I received and replied to your email and have granted permissions as requested.

Best to you and good luck in your efforts to enhance and embellish the F7F tanker, one of my all-time favorites.

I have archived all my sim-related stuff since retiring from modeling several years ago but certainly miss the community and the joy of creating and sharing.

Cheers to all of you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Good to hear from you sir. Glad you're doing well. We miss you. I still fly your Spartan.
    Sue

Hi Milton!
    We miss you too. It was great fun working on the S-2F. Enjoy retirement!

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That is looking great Sir! :-)

I received and replied to your email and have granted permissions as requested.

Best to you and good luck in your efforts to enhance and embellish the F7F tanker, one of my all-time favorites.

I have archived all my sim-related stuff since retiring from modeling several years ago but certainly miss the community and the joy of creating and sharing.

Cheers to all of you.
    Thank you so much Milton. I am so excited to be able to update these wonderful aircraft. The Tigercat is by far one my favorite radial aircraft of all time. The fact it's also an airtanker is just an added bonus! I also will add we do miss you and your fantastic models. But I am glad you are enjoying retirement. Much thanks to you again!

I have wasted no time in doing a rough PBR addition and am working on some adding some other liveries. I still have to update all the textures to DDS files and move them to 4k resolution as well. But the base PBR is down now. Still a long ways to go, but the progress is going quite nicely!

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 0