Too many Vans RVs . . .

Thread: Too many Vans RVs . . .

Too many Vans RVs . . .

Hello, everyone. It's been several years since I've been here (had no simming computer for a long time). It's nice to see this is still the great community it was back then.

So anyway, I bought the Vans RV, and I love flying it; but now, there are several AI versions of it populating all my airports. There's no more variety. It's like, one Baron on the tarmac with six or seven RVs. Does anyone know how to change this to lower the number (or get rid of) the ai RVs short of uninstalling the aircraft?
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

You'll need to go to the aircraft.cfg file located in your Community folder and look for the following line...
    "isAirTraffic =1"
    and change it to...
    "isAirTraffic =0"
    Only caveat. You will need to change it for every livery that came with the plane. For example, I have the Kodiak, and I ended up having to change 30 or so lines to remove the aircraft from the sim.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    You'll need to go to the aircraft.cfg file located in your Community folder and look for the following line...
    "isAirTraffic =1"
    and change it to...
    "isAirTraffic =0"
    Only caveat. You will need to change it for every livery that came with the plane. For example, I have the Kodiak, and I ended up having to change 30 or so lines to remove the aircraft from the sim.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I bought it from the msfs marketplace, so it's not in my Community folder. When I look at it in the "Steam" folder, I can't find any aircraft.cfg files -- only the aircraft.loc file. I'm probably being stupid. I'll keep looking for them.
    --Brian

In your MSFS folder you will find a folder called "Official". Your plane is inside the "OneStore" folder.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Thanks again for your reply. I've found the plane. It's in ...Packages/Official/Steam. However, I can find no aircraft.cfg files anywhere in the folder "sws-aircraft-vans14" (or subfolders). I've edited several aircraft.cfg files from other addons in my Community folder, so I thought it would be pretty straightforward. Instead, it's .
    --Brian

Buying from the Marketplace gets you DRM encrypted aircraft in most cases. You may be able to go to Zendesk and plead your case for a refund so that you can purchase the plane from Orbx or similar, then you'll get the plane in your Community folder that you can freely edit. (You'll also get faster updates...)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That's what I thought. Ah, well. I will probably just uninstall. I have plenty of other enjoyable aircraft to fly. Thanks.
    --Brian

Members who have read this thread: 0