Such a thing as a left hand joystick

Thread: Such a thing as a left hand joystick

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Such a thing as a left hand joystick

I find myself in a strange situation. All my life I have been classified as left hand dominant even though I can do many things right handed. I have a Logitech 3D Pro joystick but it has a hand rest on the right hand side of the handle which makes it very hard to use. Is there such a joystick set up for left handers?

And yes, after 50 years as an apprentice then tradesman I have heard all the left handed tools jokes.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I find myself in a strange situation. All my life I have been classified as left hand dominant even though I can do many things right handed. I have a Logitech 3D Pro joystick but it has a hand rest on the right hand side of the handle which makes it very hard to use. Is there such a joystick set up for left handers?

And yes, after 50 years as an apprentice then tradesman I have heard all the left handed tools jokes.

Thrustmaster Airbus edition have a right/lefthand switch under the "Plate" + you can move the "upper side" switches too

As my user name implies, I'm a 'lefty' too! For years used a Saitek AV8R. That has now been replaced by the Thrustmaster T16000M (with HOTAS throttle). The stick has additional palmrest for lefties, and works just fine.

Just remember all those famous and talented people who have used the correct' hand for centuries !

Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Thrustmaster Airbus edition have a right/lefthand switch under the "Plate" + you can move the "upper side" switches too
    Indeed, that joystick has a symmetric shape. It's the one I'm using since a few months.

The Thrustmaster T16000 can be set up either way, I've used this for several years

VKB Gladiator NXT has both left and right hand options. Best joystick you can get for the price. I sold my Thrustmaster Warthog after I bought mine.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=...combat-edition

Members who have read this thread: 0