Looking for Scenery Update Mannheim-Sandhofen

Thread: Looking for Scenery Update Mannheim-Sandhofen

Cool Coleman Barracks Mannheim Sandhofen

I am looking for some scenery of Coleman Barracks in Mannheim Sandhofen for CFS2. I was stationed there from 1962 to 1965. I know about the constration camp and the rail head. and the spider where we had our tanks parked. I saw the elevator for the aircraft and the flooded entrance to the tunnels that were put in in 1937. the is CFS1 scenery but I don't know how to convert it.

How To...Add The Default Combat Flight Simulator Scenery To Combat Flight Simulator 2.
    By Justin Haupt
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...cenery-to-CFS2

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I am looking for some scenery of Coleman Barracks in Mannheim Sandhofen for CFS2. I was stationed there from 1962 to 1965. I know about the constration camp and the rail head. and the spider where we had our tanks parked. I saw the elevator for the aircraft and the flooded entrance to the tunnels that were put in in 1937. the is CFS1 scenery but I don't know how to convert it.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Library Staff
    The CFS1 Sandhofen scenery will work in CFS2. It just needs a flatten file which has been on my list of things to do for a long time.

Icon22 Help with Herman's Pride and Joy Mannheim Sandhofen

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    The CFS1 Sandhofen scenery will work in CFS2. It just needs a flatten file which has been on my list of things to do for a long time.
    Could you fix up this scenery for CFS2? I would love to fly over the base and see Sandhofen and Sharhof again. Please let me know if it is possible.

Library Staff
    Hi Marty,

Here is the flatten file which will work with Wolfgang Grunewald's new release version of Sandhofen found at Simviation CFS1 Scenery section.

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Hi Marty,

Here is the flatten file which will work with Wolfgang Grunewald's new release version of Sandhofen found at Simviation CFS1 Scenery section.

Kevin
    where will the new files go in CFS2 to be installed?

Library Staff
    Put them in the same folders as Achim's German airfields if you have them, otherwise any other European airfield scenery and texture folders.

Missing two scenery files

Put them in the same folders as Achim's German airfields if you have them, otherwise any other European airfield scenery and texture folders.
    I am missing two scenery files in the download. I have emailed Wolfgang Gruenewald at the email in the download and it failed delivery. Does anyone know how to contact him? the scenery is the same in CFS1 and CFS2. if you have these files please let me know.Thanks.

Library Staff
    Here you go Marty.

Icon22 Looking for Scenery Update Mannheim-Sandhofen

Wolfgang Grunewald made Mannheim-Sandhofen 9-11-2004. Kdriver updated the scenery April 21 2019 and it works, with the exception of it will not show in airports on free flight.
    can any of the scenery masters work on the location and get it better for CFS2? It had a underground flight point elevator to get the aircraft up and past the POW section to the Autoban for take off and landing. Needs new barracks by the gate to Sharhof. This could be a great project for one of the scenery master brave enough to take it on. The old one is good but can not get the black from around the trees. Maybe add some of the town of Sandhofen and Sharhof. Happy new year.

Icon22 Switched to another Problem

Mannheim-Sandhofen a hard nut to crack. I took up the Ground Crew's Swordfish Campaign and it is a blast. mission number three and 4 mine the entrance of ports of Germany. after mine deployed the aircraft loses control and flys into the ground. is there a fix for this other than not flying at night. The Swordfish has very little power to start with but is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    after mine deployed the aircraft loses control and flys into the ground.
    These "mines" will produce a bomb blast when they hit water surface, making your aircraft loose control if you launch them from a too low altitude. Same problem with torpedoes. This is annoying, but there is nothing you can do to avoid that but launch them from a higher altitude.

And I agree with you, GC's campaign and the Swordfish are pure enjoyment!

Blog Entries
    There are no mines or depth charges, amour piercing bombs just torpeads and general purpose bombs are it. There are mods with those fancy names but it’s really a regular bomb nothing more. The blast radius is realistically to small as you nearly have to hit just anything between the eyes to knock it out and a 2000 lbd bomb it’s harder and does more damage than the other stock bombs but when hitting nearby instead of dead on its as effective as a water balloon. You can however be to close to the ground when dropping and there is a radius it’s just small. Dropping them before takeoff only switches you from bombs to guns only as they just disappear no blast. You won’t have any bombs either the remainder of the mission even with unlimited weapons enabled. Torpedos are delivered low and slow and if they hit right they need travel to target before blasting . In the game you can be at 30000 ft and it’s okay but not in reality. In Shallow water a torpedo will normally get down to far and not make it to target. The Japanese used Wooden fins at Pearl Harbor to help correct this and the British actually had a string tied to the torpedo to keep it’s nose up better and keep it from going to deep. Both methods work but the Wooden fins sound more professional and advanced technology wise.

Library Staff
    Marty, here are all three BGL files for Sandhofen.

Members who have read this thread: 0