SWS B-52 Development Announced

Thread: SWS B-52 Development Announced

SWS B-52 Development Announced

This is an early announcement but a welcome one! Looks like they will be doing early to late variants.

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/12/16/si...u_aOo2ZSbH9ceo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's excellent news. I hope they eventually model the new re-engined variant as well.

I saw where the first avionics upgraded B-52H's will be re-designated as the B-52J, the first re-engined models will be the B-52K, then the remaining J's will become B-52Ks once they receive the new engines. It's days as an actual bomber are numbered, it will performing as a standoff ECM and SEAD platform for the most part but long range strike with the incoming AGM-183 ARRW (Hypersonic Missile).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I saw where the first avionics upgraded B-52H's will be re-designated as the B-52J, the first re-engined models will be the B-52K, then the remaining J's will become B-52Ks once they receive the new engines. It's days as an actual bomber are numbered, it will performing as a standoff ECM and SEAD platform for the most part but long range strike with the incoming AGM-183 ARRW (Hypersonic Missile).
    Yeah, I hadn't realized until recently they were being updated with AESA radar, but I figured that was part of the upgrade required for using the the AGM-183 ARRW.

The AN/APG-79B4 radars will also allow them to fire the AIM-120 and new AIM-260 at long range. As I understand, the B-21 will also have this capability which they hinted will be not only for self defense but even as a missile truck for fighters via datalink and have the ability to kill both cruise missiles and ballistic missiles during ascent stage within range of the weapon (mainly the AIM-260). Interesting expansion of roles nowadays

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder if they'll be able to model the crosswind crab mode for rear wheel steering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhVD3E0-0Wc
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0