Updated OH P-39s released by UncleTgt

Thread: Updated OH P-39s released by UncleTgt

Icon22 Updated OH P-39s released by UncleTgt

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American.

Description: P39 skinpack1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for the OH_P39D Airacobra for CFS2. They depict P-39K versions.

The textures are: "68" - Aircraft of the only Ace to score all his claims flying the P-39, 2Lt. William Fielder, 70FS, 347FG, Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, circa JAN '43.

"28" Short Stroke - Aircraft of 70FS, 18FG, Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, circa April '43.

"49" Jeanie - Aircraft used by Lt. Poitras, 347FS, 350FG operating from Rerhaia, Algeria during September '43.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: The B24Guy for working on de-mirroring the original stock aircraft.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P39 skinpack 1 UT

The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 OH P39 skinpack 2 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: P39 skinpack2 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

These are a collection of repaints for the OH_P39D Airacobra for CFS2. They depict P-39F & P-39N versions.

The textures are: "X" - Aircraft flown by Lt. Col. "Buzz" Wagner of 39FS, attached to 8FS & operating from Port Moresby PNG during April '42.

"77" H - Aircraft used by 41FS, 35FG operating from Port Moresby, PNG during July '43.

"40" - Aircraft used by Lt. Winburn, 40FS, 35FG operating from Tsili Tsili, PNG during August '43.

Little Sir Echo/Small Fry - Aircraft used by Capt Tate, 82TRS, 71TRG operating from Saidor, PNG during March '44.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: The B24Guy for working on de-mirroring the original stock aircraft.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P39 skinpack 2 UT

Icon22 OH P-39D Airacobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: OH_P39D Revisions by UncleTgt.

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimized for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's excellent 2D panel with the stock VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

I used Lawdog's P-39 sound v2.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The droptank is DBolt's P47 tank.

I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs, a rear cockpit deck & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "R" - How their planes looked when the 8th Fighter Group first landed in Australia, prior to deployment to Port Moresby.

Thanks to: The B24 Guy for demirroring the original stock P-39.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P-39D Airacobra revisions UT

Icon22 OH P-39F Airacobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: OH_P39F Revisions by UncleTgt.

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the OH_P39D & created a P-39F Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D_airacobra.mdl to P39F_Airacobra.mdl.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimised for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The panel is aliased to the stock P-39D.

The Sound is aliased to the stock P-39D.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I created a P39F exhaust object. It adds 12 exhaust stubs, a rear cockpit deck & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "T" Here's Mud In Your Eye - Aircraft flown by Lt. Tanner of 35FS, 8FS operating from Port Moresby PNG during May '42.

Thanks to: The B24 Guy for de-mirroring the original stock P-39.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P-39F Airacobra revisions UT

Icon22 OH P-39K Airacobra revisions UT

Description: OH_P39K Revisions by UncleTgt.

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the OH_P39D & created a P-39K Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D_airacobra.mdl to P39K_Airacobra.mdl.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimized for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs, a rear cockpit deck & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "11" - Aircraft of 70FS, 347FG, Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands. Pilot was Lt. Farron, lost OCT 15 1942.

Thanks to: The B24 Guy for de-mirroring the original stock P-39..

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P-39K Airacobra revisions UT

Icon22 OH P-39L Airacobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American.

Description: OH_P39L Revisions by UncleTgt.

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the OH_P39D & created a P-39L Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D_airacobra.mdl to P39L_Airacobra.mdl.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs, a rear cockpit deck & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "?" - Aircraft reputedly from 346FS, 350FG, operating in North Africa following the Torch landings.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P-39L Airacobra revisions UT

Icon22 OH P-39N Airacobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American.

Description: OH_P39N Revisions by UncleTgt.

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the OH_P39D & created a P-39N Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D_airacobra.mdl to P39N_Airacobra.mdl.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I included ferry droptank payloads by using K Malinowski range of P47 drop tanks.

I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs, a rear cockpit deck & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "95" S Toddy III - Aircraft used by Capt Hilbert, 41FS, 35FG operating from Tsili Tsili, PNG during September '43

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH P-39N Airacobra revisions UT

Updated OH p-39s's released by UncleTgt

Even more great P-39 updates from UncleTgt
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you!!! These look great! Can't wait to grab the foreign operators skins!

UncleTgt,

Thanks for your hard work on these P-39 aircraft.

Andrew

Just uploaded some small DP file fixes for all the recent Airacobras. Wolfis pilot drops along with your bomb if you're carrying a bomb payload - not what you want to happen

All the uploads have been amended, but people that have already downloaded can just get the DP file fix instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airacobra_DP_fixes_UT.jpg  

Soviet P39Q Airacobra UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Russian

Description: OH_P39Q_SOV Airacobra by UncleTgt

This is a revision of OH P39D Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the OH_P39D & created a Soviet P-39Q Airacobra. I could find almost no photographic references of Soviet P-39Qs with the underwing 50 cal MGs still mounted, so used the OH_P39 model to depict a P-39Q with the gun pods removed, instead of starting with Allen's P39Q model.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D_airacobra.mdl to P39Q_Airacobra_SOV.mdl.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's excellent 2D panel with the stock VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

I used Lawdog's P-39 sound v2.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Thicko's Il-2 bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's TBF US pilot as a RU_pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I included ferry drop tank payloads by using K Malinowski range of P47 droptanks.

The textures supplied are: White "77" - Aircraft of Lt Nikolai Stroikov, 213 Gds IAP, Rozvadov, Poland, circa September 1944.

White "10" - Aircraft of Capt. Pavel Kutakhov, CO of 19 Gds IAP, autumn of 1943.

Thanks to: The B24 Guy for demirroring the original stock P-39.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Soviet P39Q Airacobra UT

Thank you, sir!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Nice to see the 39 get some love!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

My Pilot is in a snowsuit.

I have completed the installation of your latest and magnificent P-39, specifically P39D1_Airacobra_UT, plus all adds per this note.....

"The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The droptank is DBolt's P47 tank.
    I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures."

Handles nicely. A real improvement over the stocker and OHs. My US pilot_body, however has no texture. The head is textured, only the body is white.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot in White.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	88732

Anyone have a suggestion for a cure?

Redownload it. The pilot's body texture format was wrong. I updated the upload.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=281&id=23366

Wow! That was might speedy. Thank you for this and for all the great P-39s. I've always liked them, even when the fight characteristics were not to good. The D1 handles so much better than all my previous P-39s. I'll be changing out all my inventory as time allows.

Blog Entries

looks good

Perhaps a captured Japanese skin and the Thai Bikini Mafia and you will complete the nationalities.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Redownload it. The pilot's body texture format was wrong. I updated the upload.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=281&id=23366
    That did the trick UT. Thanks for the fix.

Thanks Uncle , adds some spice to the works

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Outstanding work, thanks for all of these wonderful revisions!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 1