My last project on Blender - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My last project on Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Beautiful Lagaffe. It's great to see the repaint textures are 4k.
    It's a minimum for this beaver. I tried 8K but it's getting too heavy in Gimp. The 4K is already 154 MB.

PS: Sorry for the double post, I'm not too comfortable with your editor. If an admin could delete one of the posts, thank you

That said about the Beaver of Milviz, they made four errors on this model if it represent the G-EVMK:
    - the G-EVMK has an air intake on the underside of the bonnet and not on the top,
    - they didn't model the (white) lights on top of the wings (a small cylinder with a light on top can be seen right next to the wing openings)
    - the exhaust pipe is not in accordance with the model
    - the real G-EVMK has only one rear window and not two

Not to mention the STOL kit it is equipped with in reality (this can be seen when filmed in rear view): ribs on the wings to centralize the air lux and wing bristles that fall down to improve lift.

These two elements were modelled on my C-150 TiBush which had the same STOL kit

No, we cannot speak in terms of errors here, because that is an intentional effect. The model will have only one version of fuselage (so not cargo etc). However, the repaints were only adapted to the existing free version. There is full awareness of this and it is a compromise for users, so no any mistake here .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hello,

A developer who doesn't put his work forward is a bad salesman for the team he works for.
    So I tried to "roll up my sleeves" (sorry if this french expression) and do what is not in my "comfort zone": a presentation with video.

I don't know if you'll like it, but I had a lot of fun doing it and it allowed me to discover a lot of things, especially in "free" music.
    Here is a small composition, to highlight the engine which is the soul of this plane and on which I worked a lot for the Canso (18 cylinders x 2) but also in this 9 cylinders version for the Beaver. This allows everyone to see all the details, the elements that must be assembled to achieve a "flyable" aircraft but also aesthetic and as faithful as possible to the real aircraft.

Not everything is representable but the devil is in the details ...

Wow! Wonderful work and great video. Really looking forward to this.

Mike

Stunning construction, good luck completing the project!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

So news for this project :

First, this green texture isn't a repaint, just a work texture to better visualize the exterior surfaces

The cargo cabint is in progress, as this aircraft is a bush plane for hunting or fishing parties, I have planned some goodies

A hunting trophy and plastic boxes are provided to keep the interior clean

That's awesome! Thanks for the update.

YES! A REAL bush version! LOVE the cargo door. Looking forward to it! This is turning out very nicely! It needs its friend, the Beech G18S to fly with now!

Don BP

Hellon

A little progress report, on the texture of Harrison Ford's N98S.

This is progressing slowly but surely:

- the moose trophy is almost finished (3D and texture), still the COMP to finish,

- the winchester is done (probably the brass breech has to be redone "Yellow Boy" was its little name),
    - the beer barrel is roughly done but I'll review the texture to make it PBR and process the details in decals,
    - the nets are done: 3D and textures,
    - the cargo door should be animated,
    - the access hatch to the 3 fuel caps should be animated (3D, texture and decals done)

- the exterior texture of the aircraft is almost finished, there are still some small details on the engine cowling (the fillets to be squared) and the COMP to be slightly revised because it is a little too shiny for my taste (I work with Armor Paint)
    - the propeller of this model still needs some adjustments on the textures.

The paintkit we are working on is used for all the textures that are used so it is fully operational. I hope to be able to send you a version (without VC) by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Hellon

A little progress report, on the texture of Harrison Ford's N98S.

This is progressing slowly but surely:

- the moose trophy is almost finished (3D and texture), still the COMP to finish,

- the winchester is done (probably the brass breech has to be redone "Yellow Boy" was its little name),
    - the beer barrel is roughly done but I'll review the texture to make it PBR and process the details in decals,
    - the nets are done: 3D and textures,
    - the cargo door should be animated,
    - the access hatch to the 3 fuel caps should be animated (3D, texture and decals done)

- the exterior texture of the aircraft is almost finished, there are still some small details on the engine cowling (the fillets to be squared) and the COMP to be slightly revised because it is a little too shiny for my taste (I work with Armor Paint)
    - the propeller of this model still needs some adjustments on the textures.

The paintkit we are working on is used for all the textures that are used so it is fully operational. I hope to be able to send you a version (without VC) by Christmas.

Fantastic looks !

Oh, man, the media's gonna go ballistic on Harrison Ford when they find out he shot a moose!

Nice work lagaffe!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi,
    I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and that everything went well.
    For Christmas, I had the pleasure to deliver a WIP 0.1.0 pre-release for the Pilote-Virtuel's users (a french forum that I moderate) but it's only a pre-release with only one model or rather 4 external models and very few animations.

Finally, under the pressure of some Pilote-Virtuel's simmers, I added :
    a) the model with the lower air intake and the round window at the back
    - the model with the intake above the hood and :
    b) a rectangular window
    c) a second one with 2 rectangular windows
    d) a last model with two cargo doors opening on the left side of the fuselage.

For the external accessories, there are :
    1 - the possibility of having normal tires
    2 - tundra tires,
    3 - skis,
    4 - floats (but without retractable landing gear)

For the model with skis, I plan to make a model in accordance with the Beaver from the movie "Never Cry Wolf" which is driven by Brian Dennehy, a movie I particularly liked.

I like that movie version with the skis. It has that workhorse look to it.

Lagaffe,
    I just signed into http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/
    - Where can I find your Beaver pre-release version?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Lagaffe,

Dieter
    This is the link to the file

Spook48,

thanks for your help!!!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Lagaffe,

Dieter
    Sorry I missed your request but Spook48, was able to answer it.

That said, I reiterate that this is a first WIP version (v0.1.0) which for the moment includes:
    - a 90% finished exterior on the 3D side
    - the fuselage/wing paintkit is finished and I have some repaints in reserve with the one included in the archive
    - very few animations on the exterior model
    - the interior is basic with FSX textures and no instruments
    - only the rear cargo part has been started

From January, I'll start to make the remaining animations on the exterior and to model the interior.

Good and happy new Year

Many thanks for your response.
    I installed this first working version of your Beaver. I have to say, this looks very promising! Good luck for further success.
    - Happy new year!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Hi,

This week, a little 3D painting session with Armor Paint, January 2023 version. It had been a while since I had practiced and I had lost my touch. After a few days of watching Alexander Kiryanov's (the author) tutorials, I found my old habits.
    I used the Rosie model (C-GAEE) from Never Cry Wolf as a guinea pig, with its decrepit Orange paint showing the aluminum of the structure and the different elements of various colors.

Here are the pictures (screen on the Saint-Laurent - Québec) :

Everything is not perfect yet;

- the orange color is too much like a rust color...
    - dust and dirt are too much (the layer in the paintkit should be updated)
    - the window on the right seems to have a problem of smoothing
    - the propeller which was supposed to be black, has become shiny aluminum
    - the gear legs will be yellow or orange ... we'll see
    - the Indian/inuit canoe is ready and I could have textured it but I was a bit late, that will be for the next time.

I have updated the Dropbox archive (it 's the same link)

Thanks so much. You do great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Thanks so much. You do great work.
    Thank you very much for yours incentives

Nice work!
    Of course it will still take a good while before the project will be completed. But you can see the gradual progress.
    Thank you!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Hi,
    A screen in the form of a wink for my daughter who lives in Quebec City since 2 years (studies).
    The added canoe is to perfect the version of the Beaver that appears in the movie I mentioned above. It will be necessary to fill it with boxes and cases of beer
    Frontenac Castle on the right !

You are doing great !

Members who have read this thread: 3