Sudden Bandwidth errors

Thread: Sudden Bandwidth errors

Sudden Bandwidth errors

Howdy folks,

I updated to the latest SU but I hadn't had the time to fly until yesterday, first thing I noticed out of place was the map when I was selecting which airport to fly from didn't load.

When I selected my aircraft and hit "fly now" I immediately got a "download limit reached - offline mode set"
    I hadn't set a limit, which was weird, so I went into my options and shut it off, made sure my rolling cache settings were proper, and tried again.
    This time I was told my bandwidth was too low and I was set to offline mode again.
    I tried today to reset my rolling cache and ensured that my internet was not doing anything, no downloads running, browser closed, so on.
    Still getting a bandwidth error, I can't fly.
    I tried looking around for answers but I was getting a bunch of different results and none quite matched what I was seeing.

Anyone have any ideas that don't involve me offloading all of my stuff?
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

It might not be on your end. Check the official forum to see if there are any server issues. (I haven't been there today - looong day at work...)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I've had some weird stuff going on since the last update. normally on selecting flights, it remembers the last weather pre-set that I chose. It doesn't anymore. Also, when choosing an airport to take off from, the search engine doesn't recognise the name every time, sometimes I have to type the airport code in. Great if I can remember it, but not if I can't. Getting a lot of connection dropouts too even though my internet is fine.

Same here. Also getting those connection dropout messages though nothing vissibly wrong and definetely nothing wrong with my bandwidth or connection.

Microstutters of pre SU10 DX12 are gone, but now I get short freezes from time to time. And whatīs worse: the treesize issue reoccured! Trees too big, too many and growing all over photoreal cities. Solved the last issue mostly by reinstalling the old treesize fix from flightsim.to.

As always the update leaves me with some mixed feelings. And concerning the freezes I consider testing out if this also happens with DX11. Might check my NVIDIA settings, too. Will see.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Blog Entries
    I have been having massive freezes ever since SU10. MSFS is unplayable to me. It is a slow slideshow.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

ditto, I've been getting intermittent bandwidth errors in MSFS for last few days (connection and photogrammetry), despite very stable internet coming into my home. I see on the official forum others have experienced these errors as well. Perhaps it's just heavy server load due to lots of people playing the most recent updates. Sometimes I wish there was a real-time server status dashboard integrated into the sim, perhaps as a floating window (like the IFR Map) showing relative load status of all the different servers.

- dcc
    - -

I've been getting weird CTDs - either in flight or when starting one. Ended up pulling just about everything out of my Community folder except what I need for that trip - a sort of manual way of doing the addon linker thing, but it works. I'm keeping the files on my D: drive, so at least that's less space used on my OS drive for now. Maybe one of these days I'll find something that's consistently causing the crash on flight-load, but nothing seems to be consistent. Sometimes it will start with a full Community folder, sometimes not.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hey fellas, so it turns out that it was all me that goofed, nothing on MS/Asobo's end.
    What happened was that I was using the Google Maps injector mod (though I barely noticed any difference)
    In consolidating some of my SSD/HDD space on my PC I moved the mod over to a location that better suited the program, and didn't update anything. I shut the software down (it was autostarting with MSFS) So somewhere I guess it lost the path and just forced MSFS to say I didn't have the bandwidth,
    after shutting it down, MSFS works again!

That Google map injector thing causes so much trouble that any conversation about it on the official forum is banned. Any time I'm asked anything about it, I just tell the other person to stay away from it.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That Google map injector thing causes so much trouble that any conversation about it on the official forum is banned. Any time I'm asked anything about it, I just tell the other person to stay away from it.
    Interesting that it's banned. I didn't have any major issues with it until I moved the installation folder, thats what threw the whole thing off. Not sad to see it go, though.

Another triumph for MS and it's only 24 Months or so...............................and still in Beta!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Another triumph for MS and it's only 24 Months or so...............................and still in Beta!
    The culprit isn't MSFS here Wombat. And calling it a beta is way over the top. If it is a beta, it's the best damn looking beta I've ever seen!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It's not you - I have that often lately. After SU10 release probably once a day.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 0