New ai

Thread: New ai

New ai

Hi, all. Has anyone tried the new freeware FSLTL AI Traffic? It looks pretty good, and I was wondering how you like if you do have it. Thanks!

Don BP

I installed it and find it a huge improvement to the standard msfs weird looking jets.
    Have a look at this .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VYmNhFTTFw&t=834s

Ya'll, this is SOOOO good, and is approximate 1,051 times easier to set up and install as AIG. AI looks great, airports are populated realistically, and this includes GA traffic too.

Just update to the latest version of the FlyByWire installer, and you can install from there!

https://api.flybywiresim.com/installer

The fact that they use the default ATC is a huge benefit for me.

Not a big fan of having an extra app running, but that's a small price for such an addon. And considering it's free there's really nothing to complain about.

Will test it further.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Had a dabble with this today, have deleted AIG as a result. The in-game interface, ease of installation, contrails in the sky and visuals haver made such a difference to the sim.

I have Aerosoft's Simple Traffic, which replaces the liveries only ( not the models or how they behave ). Does anyone know whether these ST liveries would conflict with the liveries provided by FSLTL, and cause problems ?

I had that aswell , paul. But i deleted it because in the install tutorial it is said that you should turn down your msfs plane traffic slider to zero.
    So you wont see those anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I had that aswell , paul. But i deleted it because in the install tutorial it is said that you should turn down your msfs plane traffic slider to zero.
    So you wont see those anymore anyway.
    Thanks Spook - I shall do the same. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    Had a dabble with this today, have deleted AIG as a result.
    I'm not running the AIG app anymore as FSTLT is so much better overall, but note that if you've spent the hours downloading all the AIG planes anyway, FSTLT will use the AIG planes as fallbacks in cases where it doesn't have the right plane available. So I'm keeping them around for now, since I have the space.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I'm not running the AIG app anymore as FSTLT is so much better overall, but note that if you've spent the hours downloading all the AIG planes anyway, FSTLT will use the AIG planes as fallbacks in cases where it doesn't have the right plane available. So I'm keeping them around for now, since I have the space.
    Hi! Can you say if this AIG association is done automatically or do we have to do something to make this "fallback"? (Like a config file or something)
    Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hi! Can you say if this AIG association is done automatically or do we have to do something to make this "fallback"? (Like a config file or something)
    Thanks!
    This isn't documented well, so I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine the AIG planes just need to be in your Community folder (or linked via an Addons Manager).

I've had it set up that way since I started using FSLTL, so I'm not sure how often I'm getting fallback planes.

Thanks for the feedback, all. I installed FSLTL this evening. It took me less than 5 minutes. Can't get much easier than this! Aircraft look great. I need to spend more time watching them, but my initial thoughts are - we have a winner here! This is still a WIP, so it isn't perfect out of the box (download). So much better than nothing of MSFS AI!!!!! I hope they do more GA.

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    This isn't documented well, so I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine the AIG planes just need to be in your Community folder (or linked via an Addons Manager).

I've had it set up that way since I started using FSLTL, so I'm not sure how often I'm getting fallback planes.
    Yes, the AIG folder that contains the sim objects, effects etc just needs to be in the community folder for them to work, I tried that last night. I spent a few hours experimenting with FSLTL and mix thoughts currently:

Pro's - great quality aircraft, contrails in the sky, accurate aircraft parked up at airports, easy to install and use, doesn't crash, falls back to AIG aircraft where missing

Cons - live traffic only so sim time / date irrelevant, little to no VFR flights if using sim outside real VFR times, I guess it will only pick up VFR that have filed flight plans?

I was flying last night (UK) and in a couple of hours flying never seen a single aircraft take off or land at EGCC, EGLL or JFK using different sim times / dates. There were aircraft flying around as I could see lights and contrails, but the airports were stationary which was disappointing. It's early days yet, so not being critical of them, it's a great package, but for me to enjoy the busy air traffic, I need a facility that links to sim time, not real time and has an abundant mix of GA and airliner stuff. AIG works with AI offline as there are flightplans to fall back on, but my understanding of FSLTL is that it is a live feed only. The downside to AI offline is significantly less aircraft populating airports and some of the AIG aircraft are port overs still

Hi - loaded up FSLTL a couple of days ago and was surprised to see a lack of orange (ie Easyjet) tails at Gatwick - tried Luton and got the same result. A few other airlines though.

I haven't uninstalled AIG and on investigation I discovered that somehow (I don't remember selecting this) the FSLTL aircraft have installed to my "D" drive in a folder where I keep addon aircraft, and not my community folder. I suspect that the AI aircraft that I was seeing were generated by the "association" with AIG which diodn't pick up EasyJet, despite that being insalled in AIG.

Using the linker I linked the folder on my "D" drive and now there are many more AI aircraft at LGW including Easjet - oh and BTW the AIG "association" still seems to be working as I'm seeing Emirates A380s at Dubai.

Moral of the story - if your AI looks incomplete, check where the installer has put the FSLTL aircraft.

Yeah, I'll keep AIG around since I've already spent all that time downloading it! If you want to see traffic and you're flying from an airport where it's 3 am in real time, for instance, you might want to go back due to the real-time nature of FSLTL. Hopefully at some point in the future they can offer a method to switch between real-time and historical traffic.

Still, it's mighty impressive for a first release!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Hi, all. Has anyone tried the new freeware FSLTL AI Traffic? It looks pretty good, and I was wondering how you like if you do have it. Thanks!Don BP
    I just downloaded/installed it. No idea how to use it yet. Time to read ("gasp!) the documentation. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I just downloaded/installed it. No idea how to use it yet. Time to read ("gasp!) the documentation. NC
    Hey, Pete. Watch this video and take a few notes. It is really simple after watching it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VYmNhFTTFw&t=834s

Don BP

SOH-CM-2024
    Don, I deleted the SOB. How does it work? I installed all, made sure the proper a380 was in the Community folder, did all they asked. The package showed up in my Content Manager and would not install. No matter what I did. So I just deleted it. Just another bloater anyhow!

Caz

All I did Caz was download it and install it. Open up the sim. Go to the airport and place my plane where I want it. Hit fly. THEN I go to the injector and start it, then back to the sim. It populates in about 15 seconds or so. I'm pretty sure those are the steps. I haven't touched it in several day

Don

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    All I did Caz was download it and install it. Open up the sim. Go to the airport and place my plane where I want it. Hit fly. THEN I go to the injector and start it, then back to the sim. It populates in about 15 seconds or so. I'm pretty sure those are the steps. I haven't touched it in several day

Don
    Thanks for the help Don. Thing is, I never fly from large airports in the first place. And you're a bushpounder too .I expect it's something I can do without. But it's so much fun now that I got the RTX 3060Ti card.

Caz

At the regional I fly from, the injector dropped in a few bizjets this morning that were absolutely here when I arrived for work, kinda freaky when its all said.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    The following video is recommended...

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I installed it and find it a huge improvement to the standard msfs weird looking jets.
    Have a look at this .

Initially this was just a new thread on SOH that was of minor interest to me. This tutorial was played many times showing its capabilities and installation procedure. Convinced it did not require downloading additional software and finding the instructions simple enough for me to follow, the FSLTL program was successfully installed and run.

This is a nice addon for those inclined to watch airline ground traffic with realistic livery paints. The ground traffic only begins at the gates, but air traffic comes and goes when FSLTL is started and is based closely on real life. While situated on the ground at Atlanta's busy Hartsfield, nearby ground traffic would leave the gates, follow the taxiways, sit in the takeoff position, sometimes with other aircraft occupying the same space, then disappear. At more distant runways planes were seen landing and taking off. Flying from the initial airport to another, one will find the destination populated with real traffic too. The sounds are impressive when nearby planes accelerate to new runway positions or takeoff or land. Small airports may only show a few business jets or no planes at all. Some liveries appear white where there must not be a match in the airline database.

Contrailed aircraft were easier found under clear skies. Chasing after a contrailed A/C in the Cessna Citation Longitude was easily reached at 37,000, but I could not get there in the F/A-18E/F which at full throttle slowed and began falling.

In the Community folder the program and files occupy 21 GB and takes a little time to download and to transfer from another folder using the Addon Linker.

I'll use this program occasionally when I need a pause from flying and am curious about the liveries at a yet unvisited airport of size.

Members who have read this thread: 0