Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk G-ALWB for MSFS

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk G-ALWB for MSFS

Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk G-ALWB for MSFS

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Civilian prop repaints

Description: There haven't been many repaints for this model (which I really like) so I decided to try a simple one based on the plain white textures, COMPs and NORMs provided. The finished textures were converted into PNG.DDS format with LordFrite's MSFS Texture Toolbox, well worth a look if you like to paint but don't like Blender. https://flightsim.to/file/27707/msfs-textures-toolbox

Painting the Chippie proved a bit more involved than just washing colour on top - it's not a perfect reproduction, for which you can blame me (and I can blame some of the texture mapping) but overall I'm quite pleased with it.

INSTALLATION

Unzip the download, drop the 'AH_Chipmunk_G-ALWB' folder into your MSFS 'Community' folder and you should be good to go. Repaint by Steve Mercer based on textures created by Aeroplane Heaven, made with paint.net and LordFrite's MSFS Texture Toolbox.

NOTE

There are new NORM textures for both wings to reduce the apparent size of the fasteners and also give the impression of a slight sag between the ribs. If you don't like the effect just copy LWFTWING_NORM.PNG.DDS and RIGHTWING_NORM.PNG.DDS from any other scheme into the Texture.G-ALWB folder and overwrite when prompted.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk G-ALWB for MSFS
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice to see this

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Civilian prop repaints

Description: There haven't been many repaints for this model (which I really like) so I decided to try a simple one based on the plain white textures, COMPs and NORMs provided. The finished textures were converted into PNG.DDS format with LordFrite's MSFS Texture Toolbox, well worth a look if you like to paint but don't like Blender. https://flightsim.to/file/27707/msfs-textures-toolbox

Painting the Chippie proved a bit more involved than just washing colour on top - it's not a perfect reproduction, for which you can blame me (and I can blame some of the texture mapping) but overall I'm quite pleased with it.

INSTALLATION

Unzip the download, drop the 'AH_Chipmunk_G-ALWB' folder into your MSFS 'Community' folder and you should be good to go. Repaint by Steve Mercer based on textures created by Aeroplane Heaven, made with paint.net and LordFrite's MSFS Texture Toolbox.

NOTE

There are new NORM textures for both wings to reduce the apparent size of the fasteners and also give the impression of a slight sag between the ribs. If you don't like the effect just copy LWFTWING_NORM.PNG.DDS and RIGHTWING_NORM.PNG.DDS from any other scheme into the Texture.G-ALWB folder and overwrite when prompted.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk G-ALWB for MSFS
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you. Looking forward to installing this. Chippy NEEDS some more love in the repaint department. If you are open to a couple of requests, I certainly have them for you. - Kenneth J Kerr

Members who have read this thread: 1