Ant's DH.82 Tiger Moth ❤️ for MSFS - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ant's DH.82 Tiger Moth ❤️ for MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    ANSX06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

ANSX05 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

ANSX04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Jan-

Did you add wing/rib detail? Looks GREAT! That is my primary issue with the Moth currently- most of the wings look flat and lifeless... your photos are brilliant!

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Did you add wing/rib detail?
    No, the detail is there, it is the lighting that shows it

the paint is uploaded btw
    Screenshot (494) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (500) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2023
    ....and an envious believable silver paint on linen - with the silver highlights & dark in the shade black tone. Is this a feature of MSFS, or does your witchcraft extend to FSX?
    Keith

The scenery shots are just spectacular! So lifelike.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

That's the paint I have been waiting for! Even though there are a lot of differences between Ant's 82A and an 82C, an RCAF/CWH paint scheme is perfect for tooling around the updated Canada scenery.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    That's the paint I have been waiting for! Even though there are a lot of differences between Ant's 82A and an 82C, an RCAF/CWH paint scheme is perfect for tooling around the updated Canada scenery.

August
    Thanks August, a couple more touch ups, should be available later today.

Thanks for doing this! Was waiting for a BCATP repaint. Growing up a stones throw away from the former No.12 EFTS Goderich makes this even better!

I asked Ant a year or so ago if the Tiggie would be made for MSFS and he said he would think about it Now I see this thread and Wow, beautiful job!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

If anyone is still interested I've updated all 12 of my Tiger Moth paints in the SOH library. There are corrections and tweaks, the silver fabric is a bit lighter, panel & coaming colours match the real aircraft better and (I think) all the .cfgs now call the correct features. All the paints are based on Ant's paintkit and, in the case of any silver fabric, on M-textures by Jankees. They were made with paint.net, LordFrites' MSFS Textures Toolbox and a touch of obsession that could be love - at any rate, this little aircraft brings me joy.

Attachment 88797

They look awesome.
    cheers

I discovered a mistake on two of my TM paints - the Norwegian LN-KFT and Swedish SE-BYL.

Attachment 88832

In both cases the prop texture for the spinning disc was upside down because (sigh) I copied them from the FSX version to save time, and course in FSX DDS textures ARE upside down. I can only apologise. If you have either of these paints and would like the correct prop textures just unzip the appropriate attachment and place the 'Ants Tiger Moth XX-XXX' folder in your MSFS 'Community folder. The two files should overwrite and that should be that - no more googly prop disc.

Fantastic set! Thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Excellent repaints, Spaceweevil. G-AHOO, G-AHLT and G-AOJK are my particular favourites. Thanks for doing them.

That's very kind, thank you. I had so much fun making, testing and tweaking them that I've completely messed up my logbook with aborted flights!

If someone can pull off this one, there's a donation for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44721_big.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	832.7 KB 
ID:	88853

Members who have read this thread: 1