Am I missing something? (Adding a VC light)

Thread: Am I missing something? (Adding a VC light)

Icon5 Am I missing something? (Adding a VC light)

So there I was, getting knee deep in 1950's bombers again, and I bought the Virtavia B-36 Peacemaker for FS9.
    I'm trying to add another VC light for the Bombardier's compartment below and just forward of the flightdeck.
    I'm using a known-good green VC light and I think I have a good location, but it-no-work. All I want is some green glow inside the nose glazing for the two crew figures below the cockpit.

Has anyone ever tried something like this?

My [lights] section looks like this:

light.18 = 4, 61.35, 1.98, 2.70, fx_dsb_vclight_red
    light.19 = 4, 66.35, 0, -7.70, fx_vclight-g

Where light.18 works fine.

Is this a limitation of the MDL or am I trying to use too many lights?

I've seen it mentioned before that in FS9 your aircraft lights max out with "light.18". Not sure if that's true, but... Switch your vclight line entries and see if your green VC light is now visible but not the red one. That should tell you if light.18 is in fact the last allowable entry. Are you sure you have the correct name of your green VC light effect? I don't think I've seen a dash character in an effect name before.

That VC light is one of mine.

I think I included it in some pilot and helmet repaints I did for the Aerialfoundry/Dean Reimer F/A-18C/D Hornet.
    Search for
    us_navy_f-18_pilots.zip
    over at Flightsim.com if you want to check it out..
    If you add it and a "gold" canopy tint texture, you get a neat "night vision" effect for zooming around at night.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 19 lights is the max the more I think it over.
    I might just move the two cockpit VC lights around, one upstairs and one downstairs, or just leave it be and call it done.
    What I wanted was the deep red lighting for the flight deck and a subdued green for the radar display in the nose.
    I also wanted to add some red lighting for the aft "blister" windows near the crew galley but if you load the MDL in a program like FS Repaint, you can see those windows are connected by "tubes" and adding lights just doesn't look right. Its all because of those blue "formation" lights on the wings and fuse..

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    That VC light is one of mine.
    I think I included it in some pilot and helmet repaints I did for the Aerialfoundry/Dean Reimer F/A-18C/D Hornet.
    Sbob, is that Aerial Foundry FA-18C/D the same package that's available as a free download at Simmarket?
    https://secure.simmarket.com/aerialf...ack-v2.0.phtml

The same.

There are three installs that cover the C and D US models, Blue Angels, Canadian, Swiss, Spanish, etc.

I read some gripes about the dynamics but overall I think its a really good package (just mis-understood). Keep in mind, Dean modelled it as a "bomb truck" and it has one of the early attempts at a "digital fly-by-wire" feel. And, its FREE and still available. There's also a TON of repaints out there.

I'm not sure if I posted it here, by I did post about how to add an AOA indexer to the VC view. The Indexer makes carrier traps a snap, once you get in some practice.

Members who have read this thread: 0