Yawn, looks like we wait yet another week.

Thread: Yawn, looks like we wait yet another week.

SOH-CM-2024

Yawn, looks like we wait yet another week.

I expect as much as anything, Asobo is waiting for NVIDIA to release their driver update. But this really gets my goat. I am one impatient dude when a date is given, I have never been one to wait well.

Caz

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2022/09/14/sim-update/

There was never an official release date given, that blog is unofficial and incorrect. Here's the official forums thread where it's been discussed a bit. SU 10 Release Date? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edit: It looks like this is their message that made people think it was for sure happening today/tomorrow/this week:

"The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week! While we are pinpointing the exact day of release, our team is currently adding in our final changes and updates for SU10. Beta users can expect one final test build coming shortly. We have also been closely working with NVIDIA regarding our DX12 optimizations and we plan to release SU10 in conjunction with an NVIDIA driver update that will help one of the first issues our Beta users discovered (graphical glitches and artifacts)."

So it sounds like maybe they were banking on that NVIDIA release happening this week.

There has been no official announcement that SU10 has been delayed. I would be skeptical of any "news" coming from a blog whose articles are only attributed to "author". Their reporting is just as lazy as their website design.

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That is not an official announcement, it's an unaffiliated blog. As of yet, there has been no official announcement. Just rumors. I won't be surprised if it's delayed, but mum's the word from Asobo/Microsoft.

It's official now... still no date though. They're going to update us about the date... later? This has been a feisty update for them! On that note, whoever runs this mysterious blog seems to have some semi-inside knowledge so I'll be pinning that resource.

Marketplace update was postponed due to SU10 dependencies, but they said this week's update would happen next Thursday. So that implies they plan to have this out by next Thursday, at least.

I finally joined the beta, and other than a CTD, I'm really impressed with SU10's performance. Here's to hoping the NVIDIA update makes that even better!

SOH-CM-2024
    Luck be a lady tonight! Things are coming together fine. I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers today and they include a DX12 fix and DLAA 3. I never had to restart my computer after updating Nvidia drivers, I did this morning. According to the info, 1500 Zulu is 11:00 AM my time so I have to wait a bit for the MSFS SU10 update. And now the kicker, I scored on a new Nvidia RTX 3060Ti graphics card at a most reasonable price and it should arrive either tomorrow or Monday. God is good.

Caz

No new Nvidia game ready driver here in Europe. Probably Russia comes first...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Nothing on the UK side other than the studio driver.

No any new drivers "game ready" yet. Just Studio (so dedicated mostly for people who create graphics / 3D). We are waiting.
    Studio solved DX12 issue but its not dedicated for us driver.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    I like it when all goes smooth. Have the new Studio drivers and SU10. Can't really say that DX12 is solved, but DLAA Nvidia is present, however, it can only be used on RTX cards which I currently do not have, just a 1060. But that is about to change, a new RTX 3060 Ti is on its way now. I don't know that Nvidia is releasing anything but the Studio driver, it contains the DX12 fix and DLAA Nvidia. However, I am most pleased. I have to resort to a 1080 resolution, which works fine for me, but I am now getting 35-37 fps with V-Sync Off versus the 25 fps I was getting with V-Sync Off. No settings on Ultra, but all but grass and trees on High. Not bad for a measly 1060 card.

Caz

Studio driver's working fine with SU10 final here. The Game Ready version will have optimizations for new games; the Studio drivers are just tested thoroughly with productivity apps, and are safe to use for MSFS.

Anyone got a link to get the non-game-ready version? All I generally use is the GeForce Experience app, and it's still showing the latest driver released back in August.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Anyone got a link to get the non-game-ready version? All I generally use is the GeForce Experience app, and it's still showing the latest driver released back in August.
    You can swap back and forth via the app as well, it's the "button" next to check for updates

You rock! Never saw that in the two+ years I've had this rig. I'll drop it in tonight. For now, I'm heading out for supper and an "adult beverage" or two...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    You can swap back and forth via the app as well, it's the "button" next to check for updates

Thank you very much, I never thought to check the three vertical dots! Now I have the Game Drivers in lieu of the Studio Drivers. Easy fix gentlemen.

Caz

Got my Studio drivers in too. I'll probably run the update Saturday. I'm meeting friends after work tomorrow night and Friday will probably be a "club" night if I'm not exhausted after work.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0